Character you'll defend no matter what?

~DarkHorse~

But as to the OP, there is no-one in the books that I would defend no matter what. Everybody is capable of doing something that is indefensible.

+1 this

Addendum: The actions of every character (except the Freys) are also excusable.

It's the most beautiful thing about Martin's world - it's populated by people, not paragons.

ramsay-funloving dude who always makes sure to include his friends in his creative edgy games...stand up guy even names his pets after some of them!

gregor-westeros has never known a more nobel or dashing knight in shining armor!

joffery-what a fierce strong lion, westeros will forever mourn the loss of this great leader

sweet cersei-the most brilliant political mind in the history of westeros, knows how to forge powerful alliances

and of course my main man craster! dudes a stud and KILLS it with younger women

Ned,Selmy and Jon practically don't need defending but this forum always tend to surprise me.

There are some that need defending and I feel a little nudge in my belly whenever someone comes near them

cough...cough...Hound...cough...and I so want to say Tyrion but I'm in kind of a strange place with this character now so I'm not touching that with 10 foot long stick

Strangely I never feel need to defend my favorite character Sansa even though she gets a lot of heat here. Other people are doing better job than me and I don't think I would want to. I love her not because I think she's perfect character I love her cause I love her flaws as well. :dunno:

And Bran cause he's a kid.

I don't know about defend no matter what, but I usually try to weigh in on any Stark (including Cat and Jon) when I think that people fault them too much for expecting decency and honor among their peers.

My thinking on the matter: We help to create the world in which we live. If we do not expect honor and justice, and then demand it as necessary, we won't get it from anyone in return.

No one really, I defend any character when it comes to people hating just to hate, without considering anything else. Tunnel vision. Black or white. (unless it's someone like Ramsay and other psychos)

My favorite character is Dany and there are things she has done that annoys me, and I wouldn't defend that if I see someone pointing it out.

No one really, I defend any character when it comes to people hating just to hate, without considering anything else. Tunnel vision. Black or white.

I do the same. Other than that I'm particularly inclined to defend Dany, Stannis and the Ironborn.

There's no character I would defend "no matter what" because that's all kinds of a quagmire, and I generally find the stan thing to be kind of dumb. Favorite characters are one thing, but IDK how some people enjoy a huge series like this with such a big, ensemble cast when they're so tunnel visioned on one character.

The closest thing would be Catelyn I guess, just because she gets a lot of unnecessary shit from silly close-minded people and she's a great, interesting character. Sansa too, but she tends to have a lot more rabid defenders so I don't really jump in many of those debates when they crop up.

edit: meant rabid instead of rapid but that works too i guess!!

Archived