The Kingkiller Chronicles (Being made into TV Series)

StarkBlack21

Yeah, 'optioned' doesn't mean shit, although having producers attached and such makes it a bit more plausible that something'll come of it.

Have to say though, although I love the books (apart from the

fucking faerie sex thing

, I'm not sure why they've picked them in particular for an adaptation? The story is quite intrinsically bound to its medium. A lot of the best things about it come from things a screen adaptation couldn't do.

I actually think it could lend itself quite well to television. The books have an episodic feel to them, in that they feel more like a series of short stories sometimes than an overall narrative. Us fans would have to accept that the chronology would get shuffled around and it'd have to differ more than GoT has I think, but I think it could be good. Not sure if you could retain Old Kvothe at the inn on TV though.

It would live or die on the actor playing Kvothe of course, wouldn't envy the job of casting him.

I actually think it could lend itself quite well to television. The books have an episodic feel to them, in that they feel more like a series of short stories sometimes than an overall narrative. Us fans would have to accept that the chronology would get shuffled around and it'd have to differ more than GoT has I think, but I think it could be good. Not sure if you could retain Old Kvothe at the inn on TV though.

It would live or die on the actor playing Kvothe of course, wouldn't envy the job of casting him.

Nick Stahl as Kvothe - the guy from Terminator 3, Carnivale, and Disturbing Behavior (to name a few).

Not too much actual acting would be required on the part of the actress who plays Faelurian (sp), right? Maybe Kate Upton is available?

:leaving:

that would be great! :D

Is there a reason that there's a thread for this in both Entertainment and Literature? Perhaps the two discussions could be combined?

Are you fucking crazy?

Those two forums are like matter and anti-matter. Are you trying to destroy the world, son?

Lots of books get optioned. Reporting on an option being purchased is so meaningless. Doesn't mean it will get out of development, or have a script finished, or have a pilot ordered, or have said pilot picked up, etc. I sometimes feel people don't realize how many things get optioned. Often books get optioned simply to prevent them from going to anybody else - it's a cheap way to find ideas, even if nothing comes of it.

I'll get interested if and when this gets a pilot order. Not before.

That said...I wouldn't hold my breath for HBO. They're sinking money into American Gods and GoT right now. I think this, at best, would end up on something like F/X. And even then...I wouldn't hold my breath.

Are you fucking crazy?

Those two forums are like matter and anti-matter. Are you trying to destroy the world, son?

You know, the Ghostbusters thought crossing the streams was bad... but when they needed to, they were able to banish the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

Consider that and then think on the ridiculousness of your statement.

You know, the Ghostbusters thought crossing the streams was bad... but when they needed to, they were able to banish the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

Consider that and then think on the ridiculousness of your statement.

Don't get those forums wet either, or feed them after midnight. That's when the trolls come out.

I'd still think it's an "entertainment" topic unless the poster was adamant the adaptation wasn't going to be entertaining and thought it best to leave it here.

• 1 year later...

Archived