The Kingkiller Chronicles (Being made into TV Series)

StarkBlack21

Another show that will spoil the story for book readers. Yeah, I'll definitly watch this...

At least there's only one more book we're waiting for, not two (ok, three)...

same problem as just who do you cast as helen in an iliad film?

It was probably much easier to be the most beautiful woman in the world when there was less than 50 million candidates. Now there's 3.6 billion to pick from.

Not sure what the population of the kingkiller chronicle world is.

At least there's only one more book we're waiting for, not two (ok, three)...

Some solace there but the author takes as long as GRRM does so it's still an issue. It all depends on whether the show is happy in finishing things its own way. I'd be surprised if someone wanted to develop a show that only has 3 seasons of life in it. I think it would get quite dull if they stretched the books further than that. Plus it'd mean nearly 2 seasons of Kvothe being at school which were the parts I hated in the first book (2nd book wasn't as bad)

It seems as though this has hit a snag. I hadn't heard NBC was the network. If that remains the case I have little hope for this project. It needs to be on Cable. If not HBO, then Showtime, FX, or AMC.

https://twitter.com/HIGHzurrer/status/557373952377384961

What a roller coaster of emotions here.

Stumbled across the KKC last November and have been devouring the books, forums, Pat's Blogs and FB page. Was really excited about the possibilities of this.

Damn...it's like somebody killed a puppy...

With all the casting talk, I think people are avoiding mentioning the elephant in the room. Who the hell do you get to play Qvothe?

It will obviously be an unknown, due to the age of the character, but it will be quite a tall order to find a young actor able to pull it off. I mean, it's not like Game of Thrones where the young actors are just part of a large ensemble cast. Kvothe is in every single scene of the book. I'm not saying it's impossible, but a lot will ride on finding a young actor that's capable of carrying an entire show on his back.

Archived