(Spoilers) Michiel Huisman cast. Replacing Ed Skrein as Daario Naharis?

Mark Antony

HBO are going to regret this, a lot of the female audience already fell in love with Ed Skrein. My sister told me she wants to tap his ass so bad and that she's angry at Dany for getting all the studs LOL

Plus Ed was a good Daario, I liked his work, but this new guy... I saw some clips from Treme on youtube and his acting wasn't that great. plus he doesn't resemble Ed at all, he's too thin and his nose too big. I don't know what you're doing HBO but you should get it together and abort this whole thing.

I doubt this was done on the mere whims of HBO...like most things it will have been scheduling conflicts, conflict over wages...any number of the usual mundane things.

These recent recasts are making me so skeptical about any greatness the fourth season could have.

Even if The Mountain didn't have much screen time, I liked the first mountain. But Daario is something different, I recall lots of girls drooling over him and his character had a lot of emphasis during the season.

I find this worse than recasting Tommen.

Don't be so melodramatic! :P They're relatively minor characters, it's not like they've replaced Peter Dinklage with Warwick Davis!

I feel really sorry for the Unsullied - Daario was probably one of the most memorable new characters introduced last season, so this is going to be seriously confusing.

Yeah. Im going to have to explain to my mum what happened to Daario. His introduction on the show was very memorable and very well executed (given the nature of the character), so replacing Skrein is just weird. Im sure theres a pantload of viable reasons why Skrein was replaced (like scheduling conflicts, etc), but it doesnt make it any less jarring for all viewers. I wonder if they are sticking with Daario's already established look. Im positive that they wont put the new actor in blue hair, but if he gets to wear Skrein's style of gear and wig, i guess it will be a little bit less jarring? As for the new guy's acting chops, im not terribly worried. The casting department has a pretty great track record, some im guessing he will be a good Daario. Its just the new face will confuse people. Including me.

Daario's introduction was big. He had about three episodes where he was featured with strong prominence. So it wasnt like he had just a couple of lines and was in the background like guys like Gregor. (New Gregor is amazeballs though! <3) Daario's scene when he reveals to Dany his loyalties toward her was a very important moment. It was the reason why the audience would root for him and Dany's choice of digging on him.

They're relatively minor characters

Daario isnt that minor, mang.

I liked Skrein, but the most pressing issue here imo is: are they also replacing the wig?

One would assume so, he'd look ridiculous in blonde and they haven't been making Daario look anywhere near as flamboyant in the books. I reckon he'll have red hair in the show though. Maybe even beard dyed red. Here's to hoping!

I liked Skrein, but the most pressing issue here imo is: are they also replacing the wig?

I actually hope not. Daario had an established look, so i assume they are going to put the new dude in the same/similar style. I do hope they dont have the wig in the pulled back style as much. That looked kinda fake. I do hope they keep the wig's color and length though!

But if they change the wig, nobody will recognise the character.

Even if they keep the wig, he looks pretty different from the old Daario. So I think they will change his hair and have people comment on him changing it in way of introducing new Daario.

Seconding this. I'm taking this with a pile of salt.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/08/30/game-of-thrones-daario-recast-in-season-4

Although it's not from HBO, you would've though D&D would've come out and denied the re-casting already. Every-time they announce new actor they tell us who they are playing, so why the secrecy now?

I hated Skrein as Daario. There was nothing handsome about him, he wasn't charismatic at all, and he made the character seem like a little creep. Daario is supposed to be a muscle bound brute with a firebrand personality. What I gathered from the books is that Dany has a type. She [inappropriate comment deleted] prefers the alpha males. Skrein was not that at all. I don't know why I'm acting as if GoT Daario is going to be closer to the books now. He's probably written exactly the same. Hopefully this new guy has a different take on the character though if he really is a replacement. I'm sure I'll like him better. He looks a lot more dashing than Skrein, that's for sure. And I guess that instagram caption confirmed he was putting on weight in the gym for the role too.

Archived