NFL Regular Season 2013 - Week 1 - Flacco throws his first INT, declared "Not Elite."

Mya Stone

i still haven't decided whether skip is an act or not.

60% he is playing a character and nothing he's said in the past few years, he really believes

40% chance he is the dumbest pundit on the planet

id like to think that noone could believe the stuff he claims to, but the water pistol pete saga, and the fact that you cant get on the show without agreeing to not bring up certain things, kinda leads me to believe otherwise.

I have no doubt he plays up a persona for ratings. He's basically a performing monkey. But when you wear a persona for too long, it becomes indistinguishable from you. Whatever journalistic skills he once had have surely atrophied from neglect. It's like Captain Dudley told Jack Vincennes in "LA Confidential" -- "Don't start trying to do the right thing, boyo. You haven't the practice." Skip's got a few decades' worth of practice at being a shameless turd farmer.

No way, The worst thing is a person who cheers on teams and players PURELY for their fantasy teams. I never do this. Ever.

I don't necessarily have a problem with this. Some people enjoy fantasy more than rooting for a specific team. What I do have a problem with is people rooting for players who are playing against their stated team for fantasy purposes.

I don't necessarily have a problem with this. Some people enjoy fantasy more than rooting for a specific team. What I do have a problem with is people rooting for players who are playing against their stated team for fantasy purposes.

yeah, along those ends, I actually plan to sit Flacco, Rice and Smith when they play Cleveland next week. I got viable backups just for this situation.

I have no doubt he plays up a persona for ratings. He's basically a performing monkey. But when you wear a persona for too long, it becomes indistinguishable from you. Whatever journalistic skills he once had have surely atrophied from neglect. It's like Captain Dudley told Jack Vincennes in "LA Confidential" -- "Don't start trying to do the right thing, boyo. You haven't the practice." Skip's got a few decades' worth of practice at being a shameless turd farmer.

yes thats definitely true and at least part of the explanation. hes just such a unique type of crazy that i cant but wonder how much is staged.

alot of it though, is certainly the common need to like something "more" than anyone else, taken to extremes

i dont either. not everyone has a huge attachment to one team. i care way more about my picks vs the spread than about one team.

It's good entertainment, that's for sure. But what's dumb is people watching the show for a definitive opinion on big sports issues. No such show exists.

I just don't get the entertainment value of a guy saying blatantly stupid and outrageous things that he doesn't believe. He's the broadcast version of an internet troll, another thing that is not even mildly entertaining. To each their own, I guess.

If you're feeling bad about your team's chances or really anything in your life, all you need to do is read this summary of what the last 18 months have been like for a Jets fan:

A snippet:

May 23, 2013: Per CBS's Mike Freeman: "This from a Jets player, who asked not to be identified: 'Everyone on the team likes Mark personally but there's a general feeling among some of the players that maybe it's time to give someone else a chance.' The player went on to say that he estimates that 80-90 percent of the team feels the same way he does."

This seems like an alarmingly diplomatic anonymous quote. If you were a Jets player who was ready to go on the record anonymously, shouldn't that be an opportunity to say what's really going on? Something like: "Mark Sanchez does not understand spatial reasoning. When he sees a square, he thinks it's a banana. He believes all footballs are purple. He eats pudding with a fork. He says he knows dinosaurs never lived, but that all men should sleep with a night-light to fend off the under-the-bed monsters. Mark isn't the most inspiring leader. I'd say 80-90 percent of the team feels the same way I do."

Has this been posted before? GoT-inspired banners and mottoes for NFL teams:

http://whatshotdjroomba.minus.com/uploads

My favorites:

Patriots: By Any Means Necessary

Browns: None Know Our Pain

The random capitalization and letter-resizing is a little much, but overall I think they're pretty well done.

Has this been posted before? GoT-inspired banners and mottoes for NFL teams:

http://whatshotdjroomba.minus.com/uploads

My favorites:

Patriots: By Any Means Necessary

Browns: None Know Our Pain

The random capitalization and letter-resizing is a little much, but overall I think they're pretty well done.

None Knows Our Pain is the best.

I just don't get the entertainment value of a guy saying blatantly stupid and outrageous things that he doesn't believe. He's the broadcast version of an internet troll, another thing that is not even mildly entertaining. To each their own, I guess.

i watched it quite a bit back during the tebow saga. it was pretty amazing at the time. a 2 hour show was about 1.5 hours tebow talk on mondays firdays. with a low point of only 45 mins tebow on wednesdays. they changed the show banner for the entire episode to tebow, even when they werent talking about him. there was a bit of a train wreck appeal to it

now i only catch it when its on at the gym.

Well I don't tune in regularly either, just whenever I happen to see it on I watch for a bit. Sometimes you get those golden moments such as Rob Parker questioning RG3's blackness. Now seeing a train wreck like that was priceless. But yeah the show is so repetitive, pretty much it boils down to Skip inexplicably hating on Lebron, Rodgers and a couple others, while hailing Brady (totally understandable), Tebow, and the Spurs.

In Keith Olbermann's first week back one of his guests taunted him with "welcome to the Skip Bayless network". What a low blow.

Seven touchdowns. Now that's how to humiliate the team that kept you out of the Superbowl.

You guys have a Revolving door at RB.

The loss of Mike Wallace hurts a lot.

You only have Big Ben. That's the only thing teams have to gameplan for.

Defense i think loses a step, old/lost a few guys..

Face it your time is done. Rebuild. Have fun.

Your QB just got into the league and he's near retirement. Big Ben alone makes up for a bunch of faults, and immediately makes them better than the Browns. Mike Wallace hurts in that Ben lost a deep threat, but he didn't lose some elite sure handed WR who could run great routes. Nope, he just lost a really fast guy. Wallace wasn't a great route runner, and he doesn't have the greatest hands and he has very little capacity for making great catches.

What I've noticed about the Steelers recently is that the protection for Ben has been horrible. He's always running for his life, and he gets injured quite often as a result. So far, protection has looked ok in preseason. If they give him even decent protection in the regular season, I'd say he's good enough to get the Steelers to 10-11 wins. Otherwise if it's another mediocre O-line, then it's another 8-8 season for Pittsburgh. Their depth there is still pretty bad, so I wouldn't be too hopeful.

Archived