NFL Regular Season 2013 - Week 1 - Flacco throws his first INT, declared "Not Elite."

Mya Stone

The Seahawks certainly have better options than the Rams. Even discounting Harvin Sidney Rice and Marshawn Lynch are better than anything the Rams can offer up.

Wasn't counting RBs as passcatchers, even though they are part of the passing game - was just looking at WRs and TEs. You are right in that RBs would change the calculus some - was just considering Rice/Tate/Baldwin vs Quick/Givens/Cook.

Yeah never mind all that Rams talk lol. Looking at their schedule, they'd be incredibly fortunate to reach .500 this season. Bradford will not have a breakout year with that schedule.

vs Arizona - W

@ Atlanta - L

@ Dallas - W

vs 49ers - L

vs Jaguars - W

@ Texans - L

@ Panthers - L

vs Seattle - L

vs Titans - W

@ Colts - L

vs Bears - L

@ 49ers - L

@ Arizona - L

vs Saints - L

vs Tampa - W

@ Seattle - L

So after all that, a 5-11 season seems realistically in order. Seriously they finished 3rd in the NFC west last year, so how'd they get such a tough schedule? It's the 4th toughest in the league (record wise). Poor Sam. They did go undefeated in their division last year, but they can't possibly replicate that against the 2 juggernauts this year. To top it off Seattle, SF and even Arizona are all better compared to last year. That's nothing against St Louis, I mean they will be better than last year in basically all areas (except the record).

Then I remembered I'm a Browns fan, so optimism is wildly out of place.

As a Raiders fan, I have already giving up on this season, and its not looking good for '14 either. Hopefully they can find the next re-tread QB somewhere, as that's the only way they ever find good QB's. Stabler, Plunkett, Gannon all given up for dead, took them to the Super Bowl.

Why would you do that in the first place? He is garbage. He is the Honey Boo Boo of sports pundits, which don't start out with a high mental bar to begin with.

Come on, he is the Michael Cole of ESPN. He plays the Heel announcer/analyst, always promoting the villains, the evil empire, the hopeless, or the SOB's.

I thought for sure someone would have posted this, by now. http://sports.yahoo....00543--nfl.html

Guess I should make some picks.

AFC:

1. Denver

2. Cincinnati

3. Houston

4. New England

5. Baltimore

6. Indianapolis?

The AFC should just cut off at five teams this year. Picking Indy because I can't in good conscience put Pittsburgh, KC, or Miami in that slot. But I don't think they'll be that good (I sure hope they are, though).

NFC:

1. Atlanta

2. Green Bay

3. San Francisco

4. Philadelphia

5. Seattle

6. Chicago

Wow. You could see the Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, Saints all as possible WC teams as well. One of those teams should apply for a transfer to the AFC.

Cool infographic:

Notice that Flacco's spots are where the big play last year was. I will attempt to do the indefensible and defend Rahim Moore just a bit.

You're going to attempt the indefensible and defend a guy who couldn't defend an easily defensible ball?

Really, really, REALLY, excited for tomorrow. Great opener for the Colts (hosting Raiders), reminds me of something Adam Sandler says in the underrated 'The Longest Yard' remake "You need a tune-up game. Yeah, back in college you start every year against Appalachian State, or some slack division-two team. Beat the living shit out of 'em, get your confidence up." Oakland is a division-two team if there ever was one in the NFL.

4. Philadelphia

Wow, interesting. Haven't seen anyone picking Philly anywhere though I feel like someone should. I seem them having roughly the same chance as everyone else in the unknowable NFC East cluster.

Is this why you drafted Vick in like every league?

As a Vikings fan I can tell you that will be a common state with Harvin. All the talent in the world but a very injury prone headcase. What was that line in Bull Durham, "Kid has a million dollar arm and a ten cent brain." That's Harvin.

Yeah I know I don't feel bad for the Seahawks at all on that deal. They had to know what they were getting. Huge upside but...

Slightly off topic, but just doing my civic duty:

http://asoiaf.wester...ret-nsa-powers/

Robert Stanek or somebody impersonating him has shown up. Check from post 31 and onwards. Don't miss out.

You waste your energy on THIS? Your efforts should be better spent preparing for the glorious and inevitable victory tomorrow.

You waste your energy on THIS? Your efforts should be better spent preparing for the glorious and inevitable victory tomorrow.

C'mon it's the Raiders. TBH I am super excited to see how Luck and the offence looks in year 2. I' m guessing we will have a better idea after a couple of weeks when we play the Niners.

The FOX pregame is going to announce the Superbowl entertainment for this year today...

I have done five of them, and I have been hearing for the last year that it will not be held at the stadium this year due to weather concerns. That is a little upsetting to me.

edited...

Bruno Mars !!!!!????? What in the hell is that about !!!!????? I am seriously outdated, but I have never heard of this kid.

The FOX pregame is going to announce the Superbowl entertainment for this year today...

I have done five of them, and I have been hearing for the last year that it will not be held at the stadium this year due to weather concerns. That is a little upsetting to me.

edited...

Bruno Mars !!!!!????? What in the hell is that about !!!!????? I am seriously outdated, but I have never heard of this kid.

Dude, that was announce on, like, Friday.

Archived