NFL 2013 Week 2 Thread - Go back to college Chip Kelly!

Jaime L

Wow, Rex. Thanks for making a dubious challenge moments after I'm defending your honor on a subthread of a subforum dedicated to George R.R. Martin's signature fantasy series. :dunno: And nice defense, there. Fumble or not, that's how you need to play tonight. Take Edelman out of the game by either not allowing him to get the ball, or make him afraid to get the ball.

Damnit, no fumble.

Sabchez looked poised, charismatic and leaderlike talking to the jets offense. He might have been something at a less dysfunctional team. Or he's r3ally good at appearances.

The Jets were completely functional his first two years in the league (and even the third year, arguably), and while the Jets made two AFC Championship games. That was despite him, not because of him. His numbers were always bad.

Bold outside the box thinking by the Jets there going without a punt returner there.

I think this is beta-testing before they implement the QB-less offense they've been dreaming about for years.

Sabchez looked poised, charismatic and leaderlike talking to the jets offense. He might have been something at a less dysfunctional team. Or he's r3ally good at appearances.

Swap out Sanchez with Rex Ryan and I'd say you're exactly right. Rex has had no talent to work with since the AFC championship years. So I think if he goes to a talented team looking for a coach next season (like Detroit), I could see him having some successful years. Of course I'm assuming the Jets let him go at the end of the year (which they should, for the benefit of both parties).

Bold outside the box thinking by the Jets there going without a punt returner there.

I think this is beta-testing before they implement the QB-less offense they've been dreaming about for years.

I want you to know that this comment is appreciated. How about Gregory (Pats' safety) flying into the hole to knock the shit out of the RB. Good play.

Damnit, both the offense and defense are playing just about as well as the Jets could've hoped, but they just aren't coming up with points. And I can just feel that Brady is about to get 7; he's not one to be contained all game.

Damnit, both the offense and defense are playing just about as well as the Jets could've hoped, but they just aren't coming up with points. And I can just feel that Brady is about to get 7; he's not one to be contained all game.

Have the audacity to hope, friend. The Jets defense has done it before. Maybe, just maybe.

Well, not really. Arrington was burned. He got lucky Smith underthrew it.

It was a good recovery, though. Maybe he didn't make the best play on the ball, but he definitely (from the angle I saw) helped influence the drop. And why are you abandoning the run game, Jets? You're averaging over 5 yards per rush, don't be dumb!

Archived