NFL 2013 Week 2 Thread - Go back to college Chip Kelly!

Jaime L

Some people never do. There have been players who were rushed back to play and they never regained the full use of their leg, and their career was basically stopped at that point. Healing is art as much as science, it seems.

And on that note, how badass is Frank Gore? Blows out both knees in college and goes on to have serious production and shelf life at a position where that doesn't happen very often.

Not to mention he spent his prime years toiling for the Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary regimes.

Yep, I'd love to see Gore get himself a ring.

And on that note, how badass is Frank Gore? Blows out both knees in college and goes on to have serious production and shelf life at a position where that doesn't happen very often.

Not to mention he spent his prime years toiling for the Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary regimes.

Yep, I'd love to see Gore get himself a ring.

Thirding the Gore love. Hoping for a similar career track for Marcus Lattimore in the wings behind him.

Philip Rivers' passer rating when Chargers were up 28-7 with 10:46 left in 3rd quarter was 134.8 ... Thereafter, it was 0. Zero.

A-B-C. A - Always. B - Be. C - Closing. Always be Closing.

This is fucking why you don't give Phillip Rivers the good leads. Leads are for closers.

A-B-C. A - Always. B - Be. C - Closing. Always be Closing.

This is fucking why you don't give Phillip Rivers the good leads. Leads are for closers.

I am assuming that he didn't even win the steak knives.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000242082/article/brandon-jacobs-headed-for-new-york-giants-reunion

Brandon Jacobs just got pulled from the couch to play for the Giants. I really think that Coughlin os being a little tough on Wilson here.and it is going to come back and bite him in the ass.

http://www.nfl.com/n...-giants-reunion

Brandon Jacobs just got pulled from the couch to play for the Giants. I really think that Coughlin os being a little tough on Wilson here.and it is going to come back and bite him in the ass.

I don't see him being used a lot. Wilson got into the doghouse with Coughlin, and maybe Jacobs can help him work his way out of it.

Well it's not like he's going to say "I expect another buttfumble or two, and we're going to get beaten horribly and hilariously". There's enough people expecting the Jets to live down to expectations; no one from their organization has to predict it as well.

http://www.nfl.com/n...-giants-reunion

That's a panic move, because Jacobs is another lousy blocker who can't catch, and is himself prone to fumbling. The Giants need a Kevin Faulk type back, not a bruiser.

The Jets defense doesn't seem to have completely fallen apart, and the Pats offense is not looking too good right now, so it actually could be a pretty close game. Of course, the Pats defense is looking pretty good and the Jets offense really isn't, so I think the Pats will win fairly easily. I think the line of Pats -13 is absurdly high though, considering their injuries, and it should more like -10.5.

As for Wilkerson, he should absolutely be saying that; I'd only be angry if he didn't. Teams and players should always think and say that they'll win, and never have a defeatist attitude; leave that to the media and the fans.

Archived