Which character did you use to like but now you don't like them anymore and what would they have to do for you to like them again?

Audrey Arryn

Holy shit. I never actually thought I'd see you say anything close to that.

Yeah, I know. It will take a while for me to recover from saying those things.

Still, we all must make sacrifices for the common good these days. No matter the price, and all that.

But seriously, you liked Stannis before the effigy burning?

As I recall it, he seemed like a bitter man with genuine issues of isolation and longing for prestige. He was relatable.

Of course, he was also pretty much silent up until that point..

I mean I'm a huge Stannis fan but the Cressen prologue was definitely when my opinion of him was at its lowest. He didn't exactly introduce himself too well there. I'm not sure how burning some wood and this apparent "battle betrayal"

Burning some wood as part of a thug tactics strategy to scare people into subservience, and his definite, abominable, grossly dishonorable, self-centered, power-greedy battle betrayal at Storm's End, you mean?

I'm failing to recall at the moment (read: because it didn't happen) are any worse than him leading to the death of the man who essentially raised him.

Three reasons:

1. He did not kill Cressen, at least not directly or willingly. Melisandre and Cressen himself did. It was still his fault to a point, but only due to his moral weakness, not his actual actions.

2. Sheer scale. Cressen was ultimately just one man. The Blackwater bloodshed was so much more impressive, and it was a direct result of Stannis' manipulations, lack of scruples and of political good will.

3. Hipocrisy.

That's a tough question. I can't really think of anyone that I have began to dislike over time after liking them. I was never a huge Tyrion fan but still kind of like him after all he's done. The same with Dany. Still love Arya, Jon and Varys and that will never change.

I kind of liked Vic at the start but now hope Euron just destroys him. If Sam keeps slaughtering innocent whitewalkers, I might begin to loathe him.

I draw the line at rape. Killing is so frequent in this series that you have to allow wiggle room with it.

But you don't have any qualms about forcing an 11 year old girl into prostitution or supplying boys to a pedophile knight.

I think this is pretty common: Tyrion and Dany

Tyrion: he's drifting along, is powerless and doesn't have much witty moments. He's also guilty of patricide which, no matter how bad Tywin was, still soils Tyrion a bit for me. For Tyrion he has to have a position of power to be captivating. If and when he finally goes to Barristan's side then I will like his chapters more.

Dany: not anything interesting has happened. I have sort of lost interest in her ever since she decided to march on Yunkai and Mereen instead of going to Westeros. For her to get more interesting she has to wield her power and use her dragons to be awesome.

Liked Dany a lot, but now she is doing nothing and her self-entitlement is not exactly endearing.

I suppose if she marches to Westeros - and soon - her chapters might get interesting and I will start to like her again.

Tyrion was my favourite character up until ADWD- then not only was he dull, but his self-pity is boring to read over and over. Going over to Dany's side might help them both a bit, I think.

Archived