[SPOILERS] Breaking Bad - Final Season - Iron, Lithium, Sodium.

Lord Flashheart

I think someone mentioned how the first bit of Breaking Bad is like Weeds, and that is right on the money. It felt more satirical than anything, and at the time I really felt like it was putting the 'comedy' in dark comedy. And I don't know if it's just me, but seasons 1-3 so far seem every bit as good as the later seasons. It's probably because we now know what happens, but I'm surprised to see this show's quality has remained quite consistent throughout (even though review scores have steadily risen).

I think someone mentioned how the first bit of Breaking Bad is like Weeds, and that is right on the money. It felt more satirical than anything, and at the time I really felt like it was putting the 'comedy' in dark comedy. And I don't know if it's just me, but seasons 1-3 so far seem every bit as good as the later seasons. It's probably because we now know what happens, but this show's quality has remained quite consistent throughout (even though review scores have steadily risen).

I've always said Breaking Bad went from dramatic comedy to comedic drama. I love it all.

I hope people will realise that Jane was not all sweet and innocent.Does Walt get blamed for Andrea's death?

Yes, he does deserve some blame, he dragged her into this, he used her as he used so many other people and put her on the psycho's radar. Obviously, Todd killed her, but Walter's actions endagered her life and it doesn't matter if that was his intention or not.

He isn't directly responsible as he is for Jane, but I couldn't fault Jesse for blowing Walt's head off and citing Andrea as one of the reasons.

He isn't as directly responsible as he is for Jane, but I couldn't fault Jesse for blowing Walt's head off and citing Andrea as one of the reasons.

At this point, I wouldn't fault anyone for blowing Walt's head off...but only after Walt's had a chance to deal with Jack and Todd and the entire Nazi crew. Those guys need some head-blowing-off as well.

Sigh... Walt is 100% responsible for Jane's death.

I used a skydiving analogy before, and I'll use it again:

Skydiving, like doing heroin, is an activity with a mortality rate that you accept when you do the jump. So imagine it was Jane's turn to jump, and Walter handed her her knapsack. Only he accidentally handed her a supplies knapsack instead of a parachute knapsack. He realizes this after about 5 seconds, and has a good twenty seconds to rectify this mistake before she jumps. But he remembers that she threatened to go to the police over him, so he decides to let her jump with the knapsack.

The only reason people would blame Walter for the above situation, but not for the heroin situation, is because there's negative social connotations with heroin. People would say "oh, she chose to do this disgusting life risking habit, she signed her own death warrant". The thing is, the skydiving is perfectly analogous but without the connotations. Jane took the right precaution of lying on her side, which she explicitly mentions earlier in the show - she even says the risk of choking on your own vomit. Walter is the one who shook her on her back! That was the killing blow; even if it was an accident, he had a good twenty seconds to rectify it (just like he did with the knapsack he accidentally handed her on the plane).

Jane took the right precaution of lying on her side, which she explicitly mentions earlier in the show - she even says the risk of choking on your own vomit. Walter is the one who shook her on her back! That was the killing blow; even if it was an accident, he had a good twenty seconds to rectify it (just like he did with the knapsack he accidentally handed her on the plane).

Harry the Heir and I discussed this not long ago, and he opined that he thought Walt could be held criminally liable for Jane's death for this very reason. He's certainly morally responisible, in my book, although I notice that he never cops to this even in his last moment with Jesse. If he wanted to hurt Jesse, that was the time to say, "I killed Jane", but I get the feeling there's a part of him that doesn't want to own up to it. Walt still tells himself he's a good guy, and a good guy wouldn't do that kind of thing; ergo, he did not do it.

Archived