[SPOILERS] Breaking Bad - Final Season - Iron, Lithium, Sodium.

Lord Flashheart

I just mentioned this in the New Show thread and was wondering if anyone else who watched the Michael J. Fox show noticed this:

Michael J Fox show is nothing special but it didn't bore me. I swear though I think it was a nod to fans of Breaking Bad when the actress that plays his wife, Betsy Brandt, (Marie from BB) made her first appearance in the pilot dressed all in purple. It made me pay attention for the rest of the pilot and then the next show and she didn't wear a bit of purple.

I just mentioned this in the New Show thread and was wondering if anyone else who watched the Michael J. Fox show noticed this:

He was hilarious in Curb Your Enthusiasm (which I think actually spawned this show) so I have been interested in it. Is it any good?

Only just got back off holiday. This episode felt a little off to me maybe because of the direction but I guess it's because it's a transition episode but it didn't really feel like the show to me. There were still a few good scenes in it but I'm wondering if last week was the finale in terms of greatness. Guess I'll know in just over a day.

Only just got back off holiday. This episode felt a little off to me maybe because of the direction but I guess it's because it's a transition episode but it didn't really feel like the show to me. There were still a few good scenes in it but I'm wondering if last week was the finale in terms of greatness. Guess I'll know in just over a day.

I loved it for what it was, a transition episode that still packed a ton of emotion into it.

I know a few people who reacted to it the same way you did. Some felt like it was a let down.

He was hilarious in Curb Your Enthusiasm (which I think actually spawned this show) so I have been interested in it. Is it any good?

It's a very generic "modern" sitcom only with the main character having Parkinson's. MJF is always adorable so it's watchable, but not appointment television.

Man, there's less than 23 hours until the show is done for good...

I have no idea what I'm gonna watch after this is over. I've seen the other heavy hitters Deadwood, The Wire, Sopranos, Sherlock, and Mad Men. I've gotta say what sets Breaking Bad apart from the pack is that it feels 'grounded' (like the wire) but retains tremendous dramatic power (again, the wire definitely has those moments too, but to me they're not as powerful). Shows like Sopranos and Mad Men, while absolutely outstanding in their own right, just give off this almost 'elitist' vibe that puts me off a little. Furthermore the leads had some form of power/leadership from the outset, which makes it a little harder to relate to them. But here we have Walt, who has no power whatsoever, only to rapidly steamroll his way to kingship. I just feel far more familiar with WW than I ever did with Tony or Don.

Anyway, long incoherent paragraph aside, anyone have any recommendations for filling this Breaking Bad-sized void? :p

I have no idea what I'm gonna watch after this is over. I've seen the other heavy hitters Deadwood, The Wire, Sopranos, Sherlock, and Mad Men. I've gotta say what sets Breaking Bad apart from the pack is that it feels 'grounded' (like the wire) but retains tremendous dramatic power (again, the wire definitely has those moments too, but to me they're not as powerful). Shows like Sopranos and Mad Men, while absolutely outstanding in their own right, just give off this almost 'elitist' vibe that puts me off a little. Furthermore the leads had some form of power/leadership from the outset, which makes it a little harder to relate to them. But here we have Walt, who has no power whatsoever, only to rapidly steamroll his way to kingship. I just feel far more familiar with WW than I ever did with Tony or Don.

Anyway, long incoherent paragraph aside, anyone have any recommendations for filling this Breaking Bad-sized void? :P

Well I started watching Boardwalk Empire, which is good. Probably the best show on HBO right now. Not as good as BrBa or The Wire but... I don't think we will see a show like these for a while now.

I don't know. Johnathan Banks is the only one I watch and think to myself "His presence is just as strong as Cranston's." That takes a lot.

I'd agree with that. It didn't hurt that his character was never terribly impressed with Walt. Mike more or less dominated that relationship up until the end.

Anyway, long incoherent paragraph aside, anyone have any recommendations for filling this Breaking Bad-sized void? :P

I'd say give Lucky 7 a try but apparently it's an early contender for cancellation, but the pilot did the potential set up for a really great series with great 3 dimensional characters. More's the pity.

Also, watched SNL tonight for the first time in a couple seasons. Aaron Paul kept popping up in cameos which were pretty funny. :lol:

Anyway, long incoherent paragraph aside, anyone have any recommendations for filling this Breaking Bad-sized void? :p

You are looking for Friday Night Lights.

Can't explain enough how well it fits all of your criteria above.

I loved it for what it was, a transition episode that still packed a ton of emotion into it.

I know a few people who reacted to it the same way you did. Some felt like it was a let down.

If it had been the last episode it would have been a let down but it had to get us from last week to several months later. Next week we'll hopefully get the final meeting of Walt and Jesse. I dread to think what's left of Jesse now - another monster I suspect.

Archived