[SPOILERS] Breaking Bad - Final Season - Iron, Lithium, Sodium.

Lord Flashheart

I did a rewatch over the course of this year, as I got my boyfriend into it. It's definitely something I could keep watching again and again though.

The ideas about the title are very interesting, I love stuff like that. I can't believe that in 48 hours it'll all be over (for me, can't watch until Monday). :(

Hermanos is where Hank went maverick...no warrant for that tracker on Gus's car....no help from Dea...just Hank goin on a hunch.

No one is calling you out for blaming Hank for things that happened in this series because it is absolutely ridiculous. Feel free to keep posting this, just realize that when rational people read these thoughts, we just shake our heads and move on.

No one is calling you out for blaming Hank for things that happened in this series because it is absolutely ridiculous. Feel free to keep posting this, just realize that when rational people read these thoughts, we just shake our heads and move on.

ok.thank you for being rational and moving on.I thought rational people had reasoning power,the ability to reason and discuss things....never knew they just shook their heads and moved on.Anyways I'm just watching the marathon and observing different points as the episodes go along...in case you didn't realize by now,I'm rooting for the bad guys.If Hank had gone by the book and took his suspicions to the DEA from the get go things could have played out differently.Now type something rational.

ok.thank you for being rational and moving on.I thought rational people had reasoning power,the ability to reason and discuss things....never knew they just shook their heads and moved on.Anyways I'm just watching the marathon and observing different points as the episodes go along...in case you didn't realize by now,I'm rooting for the bad guys.If Hank had gone by the book and took his suspicions to the DEA from the get go things could have played out differently.Now type something rational.

It's fair to criticize Hank for skirting the law in his investigations. It's completely unfair to blame him for any deaths. You're basically blaming him for causal influence, rather than direct intended influence. For example, in the post I made last page, I showed that Tuco has a causal fault in Drew Sharpe's death. But only an idiot would actually blame Tuco for Drew's death.

See, with the chaotic nature of causality, we can use causal blame to basically blame anyone for anything. Marie, in her hysteria, was blaming the DEA office for Hank getting shot because they seized his gun and badge. If you want, you could probably blame 9/11 on some kid 20 years earlier capturing a butterfly in a jar.

Sometimes people make the mistake of asserting causal blame simply for the fact that the thing the person did that indirectly caused the event in question was bad. For example, a person might mistakenly blame Tuco for Drew's death because the indirect actions he took were just bad in general (enforcing drug production). On the other hand, if we replaced Tuco by, say, Elliot from Gray Matter, who simply indulged Walter on a question of the difference between methylamine and the substances in cold medicine (thereby giving him the knowledge he needs to switch to a P2P cook), one wouldn't blame Elliot - even though his action was just as strongly linked to Drew's death as Tuco's - simply because Elliot's action wasn't illegal or immoral.

People often make the same mistake linking Walter's action in letting Jane die to the plane crash. People blame Walter because the thing he did - while having no intention link to the plane crash itself - was a really bad thing on its own right. Just because it was a really bad thing, that doesn't mean Walter takes any blame for the plane crash. He certainly takes all the blame for Jane's death.

Anyway, that's the mistake you're making in allotting blame to Hank for things like Andrea's death, etc.

Only thing I blame Hank for is not coming clean to the DEA with the Heisenberg case. I get that he knew he'd lose his job anyhow, and because of that he wanted to get something out of the deal for himself (namely, arresting Heisenberg himself).

Even though I blame him for going maverick, he doesn't really have any fault in what happens as a result (that's all on Walt).

It's fair to criticize Hank for skirting the law in his investigations. It's completely unfair to blame him for any deaths. You're basically blaming him for causal influence, rather than direct intended influence. For example, in the post I made last page, I showed that Tuco has a causal fault in Drew Sharpe's death. But only an idiot would actually blame Tuco for Drew's death.

See, with the chaotic nature of causality, we can use causal blame to basically blame anyone for anything. Marie, in her hysteria, was blaming the DEA office for Hank getting shot because they seized his gun and badge. If you want, you could probably blame 9/11 on some kid 20 years earlier capturing a butterfly in a jar.

Sometimes people make the mistake of asserting causal blame simply for the fact that the thing the person did that indirectly caused the event in question was bad. For example, a person might mistakenly blame Tuco for Drew's death because the indirect actions he took were just bad in general (enforcing drug production). On the other hand, if we replaced Tuco by, say, Elliot from Gray Matter, who simply indulged Walter on a question of the difference between methylamine and the substances in cold medicine (thereby giving him the knowledge he needs to switch to a P2P cook), one wouldn't blame Elliot - even though his action was just as strongly linked to Drew's death as Tuco's - simply because Elliot's action wasn't illegal or immoral.

People often make the same mistake linking Walter's action in letting Jane die to the plane crash. People blame Walter because the thing he did - while having no intention link to the plane crash itself - was a really bad thing on its own right. Just because it was a really bad thing, that doesn't mean Walter takes any blame for the plane crash. He certainly takes all the blame for Jane's death.

Anyway, that's the mistake you're making in allotting blame to Hank for things like Andrea's death, etc.

i understand this. might as well blame charlemagne for world war 1. if he hadnt split his empire, there wouldnt have been a france and germany to fight.

but on the other hand, hank did voluntarily join an organization that by perpetuating a war on drugs is directly responsible for all of this violence.

Watching Half Measures on Netflix now. It's painful to watch just how much Walt cares about Jesse when you know what happens in the desert in season 5.

I am watching Dead Freight right now. I am not really looking forward to it, but I can't seem to help myself. It is simply an amazing show.

I think the point I'm trying to make is that if people were blaming Walt for the plane crash...then Hank should be blamed for Andrea.I didn't mind him going at it in his way...watching the marathon I get that that's his way of handling cases.He did go after Tuco alone and he did go after Gus alone....so I get him going after Walt like that,but my issue was Jesse was giving him what he wanted and he never cared one iota about Jesse's well being.He had the mind to put Huell in a protected area to suit his own purposes but not to safe guard Andrea and Brock.Walt already told him to tread lightly,he just heard Jesse confess to all the horrible things Walt did and is capable of ;so when he heard that call from Andrea he should have done something.

I am watching Dead Freight right now. I am not really looking forward to it, but I can't seem to help myself. It is simply an amazing show.

nice. Dead Freight and ABQ are probably my two favorite episodes. Right ahead of Face Off. God, they were being quite literal with that title.

Another dick move on Hank's part: Getting Hugo the janitor fired for smoking Mary Jane and rejoicing in it. Poor Hugo. He should move to Washington or Colorado state. :)

Hugo's dead :(

Remember when those junkies told Jesse that the ATM they jacked was a "victimless crime"? And then we get a view of the store where it was jacked, and we see a dead security guard - that was Hugo.

Remember when those junkies told Jesse that the ATM they jacked was a "victimless crime"? And then we get a view of the store where it was jacked, and we see a dead security guard - that was Hugo.

Holy shit I never noticed that!

nice. Dead Freight and ABQ are probably my two favorite episodes. Right ahead of Face Off. God, they were being quite literal with that title.

It's a great episode, but I am still not looking forward to it. I think I said somewhere up thread that this whole re-watch has been depressing, simply because we know where it is headed even though we don't know the end yet.

You know, I had the hardest time getting into this show because unlike a lot of people, I stopped rooting for Walt very early on. It was right after he decided to continue to cook meth even though he had another option. I understand that charity would stick in your craw, but you man up, swallow your pride and do what is best for your kids. Cooking meth? Yeah, that was his ego running away with any kind of sense he may have had.

I almost stopped watching at that point. I am so very glad I didn't.

Box cutter is one of my favorites, but I can't say for sure. I have caught episodes in the marathon at random. I'd say last episode is one of the best too. To be sure, I'd have to go through the series (which I am sure to do soon).

Holy crap, yet another thing I missed. Well, at least he found employment before he died. Such a minor character, but such a nice guy. But of course in Breaking Bad being nice doesn't save you.

Archived