What are you most afraid will happen in the upcoming novels?

Jaime4Brienne

Cersei doesn't deserve revenge against anyone. I was cheering the high septon on with pendants and whistlers and graphic tees.

The crimes the high septon accused cersei for that is adultery etc, are crimes that she didnt need to be punished.

I don't support adultery but its none of his business.

Call me a prude but I dont think its especially moral to have people murdered then reward the murderer with sex. What a great example to all the little girls of Westeros out there! A true feminist icon right there.

She was punished (with sexual violence) for having sex as a widow. Not for why she was having sex or for murder.

Yeah I loathe Cersei and she's eventually going to get what's coming to her, but the Walk of Shame was done for the wrong reasons. It was impossible to take any satisfaction in it, which was probably the point.

I think the Dothraki POV is going to be Khal Jhoqo as a prologue.

Actually if it follows the pattern the prologue should be a maester or someone affiliated with them, somewhere south of the Wall.

Having read 5 books of Cersei being a murderous psychopath I'm not gonna shed a tear for what the high septon did, even if his reasons were wrong kharmically she got what was owed her.

I equate it to Al Capone getting busted for tax evasion. Yeah, she was punished — but she was not punished for what she should have actually been punished for. It was actually frustrating to me, as someone who hates Cersei, to see it: "All the evil horrible things she's done and she's busted for sex?"

Davos dying

Jon and Arya never reuniting or him accidentally killing her

Arya and Jon dying period

Nothing is left of Westeros but an Other wasteland

Ramsey not meeting a brutal, grisly end by the hands jaws of a direwolf (happened to reread the part where Jeyne alludes to what he's done to her, so my normal loathing of him has been amped up today). He just needs to die and painfully at that.

Mel turns out to be genericlly evil

Yeah I loathe Cersei and she's eventually going to get what's coming to her, but the Walk of Shame was done for the wrong reasons. It was impossible to take any satisfaction in it, which was probably the point.

Actually if it follows the pattern the prologue should be a maester or someone affiliated with them, somewhere south of the Wall.

If thats the case them im guessing it might be at the riverlands.

I equate it to Al Capone getting busted for tax evasion. Yeah, she was punished — but she was not punished for what she should have actually been punished for. It was actually frustrating to me, as someone who hates Cersei, to see it: "All the evil horrible things she's done and she's busted for sex?"

Hah fair enough. Fingers crossed there's more to come then. At that point, deep into ADWD and having watched innocents like Sansa, Arya and Bran suffer exponentially, I basically took what I could get on the Cersei front.

Well I don't know, correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard it was confirmed that the reader will find out about it. I'm not really sure though.

As I said before, I think it was confirmed I tried to find the SSM but I found the number(159) but not the actual quote.

Ouch, you'll be very disappointed then. No way Tyrion dies before the final chapters of ADOS.

Even if he dies in the final chapter I'll be satisfied. By dying of course I don't mean dying in bed at the age of 80 or so all content ruling Casterly Rock. But I don't see GRRM killing him. :(

I don't think that's quite right, because tax evasion is actually a crime and he just went to jail, his sentence wasn't torture, sexual violence and humiliation.

Don't get me wrong, she should be punished for the crimes she did commit, but so should this sick bastard of a High Septon.

This. She finally got what was coming to her but for all the wrong reasons so it really wasn't satisfying. She still doesn't deserve revenge imo, the high septon should come to his end but only after Cersei isn't around anymore to be happy about it.

Her imprisonment after setting up Marg and she went to the sept to, for all intends and purposes, gloat was very satisfying though.

I don't think that's quite right, because tax evasion is actually a crime and he just went to jail, his sentence wasn't torture, sexual violence and humiliation.

Do we know that "fornications" isn't a crime? It might be and it might even only be a crime for females, this is Westeros after all. About the second part of your sentence: again it's Westeros were crime and punishment is cruel. People loose there heads, limbs and tongues over stupid shit all the time.

Cersei being arrested was satisfying on some level. But being punished for adultery with sexual violence and torture is certainly not okay.

She hasnt been confirmed? Interesting.

No, it isn't.

The only "confirmed" POVs are characters with chapters officially finished and pushed back from ADwD.

The first real update we got about TWoW was that GRRM was writing about the Dothraki, heavily implying that he was writing a Dany chapter (although, as Lady Lea said, I would love a Dothraki POV). And we know that he writes several chapters for one character at a time, so it's likely that GRRM is fairly far with Dany's story in the next novel.

Archived