MLB 13 V- Playoffs arrrrrrrr here

Kat

kat,

grandfather moved to los angeles the year the dodgers did. he worked six days often seven a week for 30 years. each night he went to sleep listening to vin scully on the radio if the dodgers were playing. grandfather even when asleep would know if someone so much as adjusted the volume on his radio.

that said, grandfather would be shocked and appalled that i would have any sort of civil discourse with a giants fan...oh and that there was a internet...and a black president.

that said, grandfather would be shocked and appalled that i would have any sort of civil discourse with a giants fan...oh and that there was a internet...and a black president.

There's always murder via drunken brawls. How's that for discourse? :uhoh:

I can't believe this, Xray. Do you hear that noise. That is NorCal turning its back on its native daughter.

See, in the grand flow chart of Who Do I Support -- the Dodgers are by rivalry pretty low. But they are not the AL nor the Cards. And therefore they win the matchup. Plus, bacon, beer and Optimus Prime. It's an easy calculus for me.

See, in the grand flow chart of Who Do I Support -- the Dodgers are by rivalry pretty low. But they are not the AL nor the Cards. And therefore they win the matchup. Plus, bacon, beer and Optimus Prime. It's an easy calculus for me.

After several days of contemplation, I've actually decided that, despite the Traditional Rivalry, the Dodgers are still the least objectionable content remaining in the playoffs. I'm not proud of it, but extreme times call for extreme measures.

I'm going to rationalize it by claiming I'm really just rooting for Juan Uribe and Mark Ellis (and Brian Wilson, who I still can't hate).

[A fevre dream of Vin Scully beating Joe Buck and Tim McCarver down and assuming their World Series Broadcast Position for a few innings may also have been involved]

Why is Michael Young

Not clear, really. He hit into the World's Most Predictable Double Play two games ago, along with hitting the popup (I think?) that allowed Beltran to gun down some poor fool at home plate.

ETA: Actually, I know that was him, because I recall thinking that only Michael Young could produce four outs in two at-bats.

I keep forgetting he's on the Dodgers and then bam, there he is playing shortstop or something. I'm actually surprised the DBacks didn't pick him up this year, with his Distilled Essence of Grit. Also just seems more like a 2012 Dodger.

Archived