Moments of Foreshadowing 6

Fire Eater

Do not prate at me of history, ser. Daemon Blackfyre was a rebel and usurper, Bittersteel a bastard. When he fled, he swore he would return to place a son of Daemon's upon the Iron Throne. He never did. Words are wind, and the wind that blows exiles across the narrow sea seldom blows them back

There is an exile returning back and unbeknown to him he is bringing Daemon's descendant with him.

Do not prate at me of history, ser. Daemon Blackfyre was a rebel and usurper, Bittersteel a bastard. When he fled, he swore he would return to place a son of Daemon's upon the Iron Throne. He never did. Words are wind, and the wind that blows exiles across the narrow sea seldom blows them back

There is an exile returning back and unbeknown to him he is bringing Daemon's descendant with him.

thanks, i completely forgot that one.

I went over this in another thread but here is a more detailed version.

Royce paused a moment, staring off into the distance, his face reflective. A cold wind whispered through the trees. His great sable cloak stirred behind like something half-alive.

“There’s something wrong here,” Gared muttered.

“These heights will be easy to defend, if need be,” Thoren pointed out as he walked his horse along the ring of stones, his sable-trimmed cloak stirring in the wind.

Sable cloak stirring in the wind is a code for grave danger. Both Waymar Royce and Thoren Smallwood were stubborn, they didnot heed any warning. Waymar Royce was killed by an Other. Thoren Smallwood was killed by a wight snow bear. His sable cloak was originally Jaremy Rykker's, who is also killed by a wight at the CB.

Now pay attention to this part.

The Crow’s Eye had taken Lord Hewett’s bedchamber along with his bastard daughter. When he entered, the girl was sprawled naked on the bed, snoring softly. Euron stood by the window, drinking from a silver cup. He wore the sable cloak he took from Blacktyde, his red leather eye patch, and nothing else. “When I was a boy, I dreamt that I could fly,” he announced. “When I woke, I couldn’t... or so the maester said. But what if he lied?”

Victarion could smell the sea through the open window, though the room stank of wine and blood and sex. The cold salt air helped to clear his head. “What do you mean?”

Euron turned to face him, his bruised blue lips curled in a half smile. “Perhaps we can fly. All of us. How will we ever know unless we leap from some tall tower?” The wind came gusting through the window and stirred his sable cloak. There was something obscene and disturbing about his nakedness. “No man ever truly knows what he can do unless he dares to leap.”

Euron talks about leaping from a tall tower (hightower) and the warning comes. The wind stirs his sable cloak taken from Baelor Blacktyde, who defied him and torn to seven pieces. Baelor was protesting the war on the Reach. Euron decides to sent best warships with Victarion to Slaver's Bay. So his plan to take Arbor and Oldtown with his reduced naval power is like leaping from a tall tower and praying he could fly. This will be his downfall. I am not sure if he already attacked Arbor but he will attack Oldtown in the least expected manner and he will fall.

ETA: I also think the girl hanging with Euron is spying on him. In the room she learned that the Iron Fleet is going far away and Euron is thinking of attacking possible targets in the Reach.

Ooouuuuffff yeah like this one,think you got this one bob on,I'll be watching this space in the next book or two!

There are other exiles potentially returning as well: Dany, Jorah and Tyrion (assuming they live long enough).

I think he was just goading Jon about his age. Tyrion is smart enough to know the age of all of Ned's children and he would have found out in Winterfell after spending that long there.

That, and I don't think you can use Aegon as "evidence" that he's bad with ages, because we don't know who this kid really is or how old he really is. The Ashara = Lemore squad is bad about that -- because Tyrion is "bad with ages," Lemore being in her 40s and thus too old to be Ashara can't be used in an argument. Yet without knowing how old fake Aegon really is, we can't say for sure that Tyrion really did misjudge his age.

I'm not using Aegon as example I'm using Jon. Tyrion can be right or he can be wrong when it comes to Aegon, point is he is not a reliable source.

About Tyrion knowing age of Eddards children I think that he didn't. He had to ask Sansa how old she is in ASoS, besides even of the ages of Ned's trueborn children were known in the south, people were probably less likely to talk about Jon the bastard.

I'm not using Aegon as example I'm using Jon. Tyrion can be right or he can be wrong when it comes to Aegon, point is he is not a reliable source.

About Tyrion knowing age of Eddards children I think that he didn't. He had to ask Sansa how old she is in ASoS, besides even of the ages of Ned's trueborn children were known in the south, people were probably less likely to talk about Jon the bastard.

I know you are. My point is that other people, namely the ones trying to dismiss Lemore's age, use both Jon and Aegon as "evidence" of Tyrion being a repeat offender of guessing people's ages wrong when they shouldn't, because we don't know how old Aegon really is.

Or it means that an exile is coming to put the last member of a dynasty (Rhaegar's son) on the throne, but will fail, because Aegon is fake.

I have not noticed this next one in the previous threads. Sorry its a bit long to explain.

The Golden Company started by Aegor Rivers. They dip their commanders heads in gold after death and string them up on black spears which they carry into battle. Several former leaders are mentioned. One skull that grins and one huge monster skull the latter being Maelys the Monstrous with his unnamed brother. The Golden Company is aligned with Jon Connington and the young Aegon attacking Storm's End.

Jump to the Dornish feast held in honor for Balon Swan and the skull of Gregor Clegane the Mountain.

The feast continued late into the night,presided over by the grinning skull on its pillar of black marble. (Very similar to the Golden Company skulls and the possibility that its not really Gregor's head) so a deceptive head.

For the sweet each guest (SandSnakes plus guests) was served a skull of spun sugar, when the crust was broken, they found sweet custard inside with bits of plum and cherries.

Foreshadowing Dorne will align with Aegon and the Golden Company. I personally believe Ageon is a fake and these clues I have presented are a small part of my reasoning.

Plums are associated with deception from the food symbol thread.

Black cherries are associated with the Blackfyres fake Targs in my opinion.

The sweet custard is a reminder of Tyrion's sweet custard served over a pigeon pie which leads to a death of a Targ and Tyrion being accused of murder.

The true Aegon was murdered and the Mountain was accused.

I have looked up every reference to cherries in all five books. There are red cherries, black cherries,and white cherries.

Blackfyre symbol would be black cherries. Illyrio eats black cherries in his feast with Tyrion. Six cherry trees with brown bare branches are growing around the marble pool in Pentos with a statue of a young 16 year old boy that looks real but is only painted marble. Strangely enough a conversation about poison and death is included in their dinner table talk.

True Targs= the red cherries. Red cherries are sometimes used in story lines that involve a Targ killing someone. example Rickard Stark whose breastplate glowed cherry-red as he was cooked by command of Aerys Targ.

There is one more type cherry mentioned in the books. The white cherry. The most expensive cherry of all and the hardest to grow in the real world. Very expensive and precious..guess what cherry that might be in Martin's world?

I

snip

Excellent catches. There are six cherry trees in Illyrio's garden, and there have been five Blackfyre Rebellions and pretenders so far; Aegon will make six.

Jon Snow?

I think it would be BR since his his sigil is a white dragon, and he is a greenseer, and only one in a million men are born greenseers.

This is probably nothing but this line in Alayne's chapter stood out to me:

Alayne had darkened it again last night before she went to bed. The wash her aunt had given her changed her own rich auburn into Alayne's burnt brown, but it was seldom long before the red began creeping back at the roots. And what must I do when the dye runs out?

I feel like her auburn hair is a big source of identity that ties her to who she really is, Sansa Stark. Assuming this is true, I took this to mean that no matter how much she tries to be Alayne, Sansa manages to come back. And she also doesn't know what she'll do when her ruse is over and she has to be Sansa again.

Like I said, I'm probably overanalyzing. :blushing:

I have not noticed this next one in the previous threads. Sorry its a bit long to explain.

The Golden Company started by Aegor Rivers. They dip their commanders heads in gold after death and string them up on black spears which they carry into battle. Several former leaders are mentioned. One skull that grins and one huge monster skull the latter being Maelys the Monstrous with his unnamed brother. The Golden Company is aligned with Jon Connington and the young Aegon attacking Storm's End.

Jump to the Dornish feast held in honor for Balon Swan and the skull of Gregor Clegane the Mountain.

The feast continued late into the night,presided over by the grinning skull on its pillar of black marble. (Very similar to the Golden Company skulls and the possibility that its not really Gregor's head) so a deceptive head.

For the sweet each guest (SandSnakes plus guests) was served a skull of spun sugar, when the crust was broken, they found sweet custard inside with bits of plum and cherries.

Foreshadowing Dorne will align with Aegon and the Golden Company. I personally believe Ageon is a fake and these clues I have presented are a small part of my reasoning.

Plums are associated with deception from the food symbol thread.

Black cherries are associated with the Blackfyres fake Targs in my opinion.

The sweet custard is a reminder of Tyrion's sweet custard served over a pigeon pie which leads to a death of a Targ and Tyrion being accused of murder.

The true Aegon was murdered and the Mountain was accused.

I have looked up every reference to cherries in all five books. There are red cherries, black cherries,and white cherries.

Blackfyre symbol would be black cherries. Illyrio eats black cherries in his feast with Tyrion. Six cherry trees with brown bare branches are growing around the marble pool in Pentos with a statue of a young 16 year old boy that looks real but is only painted marble. Strangely enough a conversation about poison and death is included in their dinner table talk.

True Targs= the red cherries. Red cherries are sometimes used in story lines that involve a Targ killing someone. example Rickard Stark whose breastplate glowed cherry-red as he was cooked by command of Aerys Targ.

There is one more type cherry mentioned in the books. The white cherry. The most expensive cherry of all and the hardest to grow in the real world. Very expensive and precious..guess what cherry that might be in Martin's world?

I

I like it. Although the bit I made red confuses me. Joff isn't a Targ, so what do you mean or am I being dense?

Sorry Tyrio Blackfish, I was not clear in my post..should have edited that out.

I have wondered and I know its crackpot if Jaime and Cersei are not offspring off the mad Targ which would make all their children Targ bastards. I don't want to get into that..its not really what my thread was about..I should have edited it..sorry it was confusing.

I really like what FireEater pointed out regarding the six cherry trees surrounding Illyrio's statue and 5 rebellions...Aegon being the sixth. There are other places in the books where Dorne is linked with plums and black cherry ..I think it might be the wine seller who wanted to poison Dany had a wine made from plums and blackcherrys.

The only time white cherries are mentioned in the books is when Jhogo buys a handful in a market in Qarth..so subtly put in there my Martin..so easy to miss.

I went online and found the following facts regarding these oh so expensive and rare white cherries. I will just post what I found..and you can draw your own conclusions.

Stark brothers grow these particular cherries. I kid you not.

Another name for the cherry tree that grows white cherries is the

Rainiers are grown in California, but those midgets don't compare to the ones grown in the Northwest, especially in Eastern Washington and in particular on the Olmstead property.

Notice the name Raineier..reminds me of the Rains of Castamere. A house that tries to destroy the Starks and they are southern.

The Olmstead rule on picking is that the Rainiers must be picked by their stems and placed, not dropped, into the picker's basket. The protocol is from the outside of the tree in, and top to bottom, ripe ones only. A picker may return to a single tree up to seven times. Just one cherry is worth one dollar in Japan..they are so rare and expensive.

"Growing these cherries is like playing poker with God," says Don Olmstead Jr., president of Olmstead Orchards in Grandview, about 50 miles southeast of Yakima.

So its probably Bloodraven like Fire Eater since he is very rare. But he is also pulling all the strings with the Stark children grooming each one of them for a particular purpose with Jon Snow the actual color of a white cherry which is partly white (ice, snow) and a delicate red.

Archived