Power Couple/ Best Pairing

dmo862000

That's wishful thinking about Jon. He may be the Targ heir (or not) but the Throne belongs to the Baratheons. The Targs were deposed. Mance brought most of the Wildlings south of the Wall, many more than Val, and has more recognition among them.

Jon is destined for greatness, I can't help thinking him a danarys, even though I don't like her much in her present incarnation. Her and tyrion would be awesome with his wit/brains n her dragons!

stannis can't inspire devotion

Did you miss all the Davos chapters?

No one has a more loyal Hand than Stannis.

Dany is so great at inspiring devotion that she is constantly blackstabbed, and Jon was actually stabbed.

Honestly I don't even think Stannis is the gretest but he has the best follower (if anyone will say yesmen Barristan as a follower, I remind you that Davos actully went again Stannis to save someone innocent. So far Barristan didn't go against either Aerys or Dany (going against Hizdar doesn't mean a thing)). I

And what almost everyone forgetts, in the very first book Robert tells Ned that the King shits and the Hand cleans. Having a good Hand means more than the king itself.

After all it was Tywin who gave 15 year peace, and prosperity to the people and not Arys, despite he was the king.

And I think Davos is by far the best choice to be the Hand.

But once "Aegon" conquers the 7K Jon WILL be his rightful heir. And once he dies, which he is destined to do SOON, Jon will be the rightful king. Plus on top of that IMO he will be the one who stops Dany from burning the "Usurper's Dogs" and their lands, as well as Savin Westeros from an Ice Zombie apocalypse. Jon will not do it alone but I believe he will get most of the credit.

No, he won't be the rightful heir. That Targ dynasty ended with RR. The only way Jon could become king is if a) he conquered Westeros on his own or b ) the current lords of Westeros deposed the Baratheon dynasty and reinstalled the Targ dynasty. Otherwise, if either Dany or Aegon conquer Westeros the land is theirs.

No, he won't be the rightful heir. That Targ dynasty ended with RR. The only way Jon could become king is if a) he conquered Westeros on his own or b ) the current lords of Westeros deposed the Baratheon dynasty and reinstalled the Targ dynasty. Otherwise, if either Dany or Aegon conquer Westeros the land is theirs.

what I said was that when fAegon conquers Westeros Jon will be his rightful heir until fAegon has a son, so when fAegon dies Jon will be the rightful king.

Did you miss all the Davos chapters?

No one has a more loyal Hand than Stannis.

Dany is so great at inspiring devotion that she is constantly blackstabbed, and Jon was actually

And I think Davos is by far the best choice to be the Hand.

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear, I meant stannis can't inspire devotion in the populace, and though I really love davos, highborn and low born alike look down on him, ironically for the same reason: they think he has risen above his "station".

what I said was that when fAegon conquers Westeros Jon will be his rightful heir until fAegon has a son, so when fAegon dies Jon will be the rightful king.

fAegon's rightful heir will be whoever fAegon says it is as he is no obligation whatsoever to recognize Jon's "legitimacy".

But an assault of the WW would unite the rest of westeros....

It will still be hard for people in the north to forget the daughters and wives carried away by wildlings, and the men that were killed. Westeros may unite to fight the others, but that doesn't mean they will suddenly like wildlings.

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear, I meant stannis can't inspire devotion in the populace, and though I really love davos, highborn and low born alike look down on him, ironically for the same reason: they think he has risen above his "station".

Ok sorry.

But I actually don't think either Jon or Dany can inspire more devotion than Stannis in the Westeros population.

Jon: well he is a bastard. And who would believe that he is indeed Rhaegars son just because Howland reed sais so? Honestly proving his legitimacy is something that I cannot really see how can it be done in a believable way. And until it is done I doubt many people would follow him, exept of the North, (if they do, but until Rickon is alive they have a heir, and Jon wouldn't want to take the throne from him, not to mention the North is fed up with southern politics, being independent is more important to them, than putting Jon on the Iron Throne. )

Dany: Who would actually follow her in Westeros? Lannisters definietly won't, Starks won't, the Riverland is destroyed, since Quentyns death probably Dorne won't either (they probably will side with Aegon), if she allies with either of the Ironborne brotherrs the Tyrells, Riverland, Lannisters, North won't. The only ally she can get is maybe the Vale.

in the arianne sample chapter we know that in westeros there are rumors that she is her fathers daughter, and people are questioning how could she let her Dothraki husband kill her brother

But again showing up with dragons, possible Dothrakis, and Ironborne what she will inspire in Westeros is fear. If she gets Tyrion as an adviser her public image will just get even worse, since tyrion is a murderer, kinslayer, kingslayer, who is very despised by the people.

BTW: I actually think there won't be any more Iron Throne by the end, which means it is possible there will be multiple kings, and queens.

That's wishful thinking about Jon. He may be the Targ heir (or not) but the Throne belongs to the Baratheons. The Targs were deposed. Mance brought most of the Wildlings south of the Wall, many more than Val, and has more recognition among them.

I don't think that Westeros will be like we know it now after LN2.0, as for Val, she brought Tormund and the others to Jon. With that she brought them to a safe place when Mance brought them to war. It's not the same.

As much as she'd rather not be anymore, Sansa is still a prize for any Great House to marry. If they can prove she's still a maiden, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume they'll find a way for her marriage to Tyrion to be annulled. Margaery, if she can avoid the Black Widow moniker, is also a powerful marriage choice. Dany is... Dany is a wildcard, I'd fearing for my heir's life if I tried to marry him to Asha Greyjoy, and no way in the blue hells am I marrying my son to a Frey. Arianne is also a contender, but I'd be worried about my family inheritance, as Dornish law allows for her to claim birthright, which could pose a potential problem if she wants to claim her heirs as Martells/and or wants my family's lands. House Baratheon is toast. Unless Edric Storm is brought back and legitimized, it's up to the other two bastards, Mya and Gendry. Neither of whom seem particularly well-suited for it. The Lannisters seem all but ruined, and Myrcella doesn't appear to hold much if any power.

With so few marriageable highborn ladies, it's definitely the family with daughters' winning hand for the "any chance of gaining power or influence/alliances game" and they can be picky about it.

With all of that considered, these are what I see as the most potentially powerful relationships:

Margaery

Margaery knows how to play the game, is highly skilled in public relations, and has a powerful family with the largest army in Westeros backing her. To make this happen, however, that's three ex-husbands of which at least two will be dead.

Margaery and Aegon would give the Tyrells a Targ alliance, but the problem is that she's currently married to the family that brought about Aegon's family's death.

Margaery and Jon Snow, assuming Jon becomes KiTN, would give the Tyrells the in to the North that they wanted. This leaves the Reach isolated in the South, to an extent, and to deal with whomever sits on the IT. Furthermore, Jon has no claim on the Riverlands or the Vale, so those lands do not come in this marriage package.

Margaery and Harry unites two of the bigger powers of the kingdom, and two of the fertile lands as well. On the other hand, Harry is their best chance as an heir, and Margaery has a rather bad track record of husbands (especially if she has to divorce Tommen to marry Harry).

Dany

Dany is not Westerosi by culture. She doesn't get it, she hasn't made many overtures to understand it, and she's part of a fallen dynasty. On the other hand, DRAGONS and an army of Unsullied.

Dany and Harry gives Dany a "kingdom" of her own to back her as Aegon looks to have Dorne. It's also fertile, and a good stronghold with natural defenses.

Dany and Willas gives her the Reach, a large army, and fertile land. They're also tied with the Lannisters though.

Dany and Jon Snow gives her the North. I hate the thought, but it would be a beneficial marriage.

Dany and Sansa. Hear me out. Right now, I don't put much past Dany, and if Dany thinks that claiming Sansa as a sister-wife is a good move (along with an eventual husband), I could definitely see her doing it. Futhermore, Dany now has a public relations piece to smooth over her more abrasive behavior, and someone she can learn Westerosi customs from while thinking Sansa is under her control. Besides, if she's barren, this potentially addresses her heir issue.

Dany and Aegon form the Fighting Targaryens and take back the Iron Throne in fire and blood, and yadda, yadda, yadda. Dragons, the Gold Cloaks, Unsullied and possibly Dothraki. Drag Sansa in there, they get a nice chunk of land brought on board, etc. (I'm uncertain whether they'd consider Margaery worth the risk. Also, Lannister alliance.)

Sansa

Sansa brings more potential provinces along with her than any of the others, through her father and mother, and with her current, seemingly positive, relationship with the LD in the Vale. She, like Margaery can also charm other Lords, and seems set to be a skilled player in the Game of Thrones, Westerosi culture. But anyone marrying her would need to take up arms to win those claims in the North and Riverlands, and there's the bit about Cersei wanting her dead. However, if we want to assume that Rickon is not brought back, and that Jon is dead, whomever marries Sansa has the North, and possibly the Riverlands if Edmure and his child die.

Sansa and Harry has already been laid out. The Vale and the North seemed to have decent ties already, they aren't as far apart geographically as other provinces, and they have a fresh army. This also most easily brings about the Vale-Riverlands-North trifecta again.

Sansa and Aegon gains Aegon a footing in the North and the Riverlands. It would deal a serious blow to his potential alliance with Dorne, but would be an entertaining installment of the Targaryen princes want Stark ladies for brides saga.

Sansa and Willas would have been a huge political marriage, and could still be. That union could essentially unite a giant strip of Westeros and carve the provinces up like a Thanksgiving turkey as far as power alliances go. The Reach certainly has the troops to press Sansa's claims.

Ok sorry.

But I actually don't think either Jon or Dany can inspire more devotion than Stannis in the Westeros population.

Jon: well he is a bastard. And who would believe that he is indeed Rhaegars son just because Howland reed sais so? Honestly proving his legitimacy is something that I cannot really see how can it be done in a believable way. And until it is done I doubt many people would follow him, exept of the North, (if they do, but until Rickon is alive they have a heir, and Jon wouldn't want to take the throne from him, not to mention the North is fed up with southern politics, being independent is more important to them, than putting Jon on the Iron Throne. )

Dany: Who would actually follow her in Westeros? Lannisters definietly won't, Starks won't, the Riverland is destroyed, since Quentyns death probably Dorne won't either (they probably will side with Aegon), if she allies with either of the Ironborne brotherrs the Tyrells, Riverland, Lannisters, North won't. The only ally she can get is maybe the Vale.

in the arianne sample chapter we know that in westeros there are rumors that she is her fathers daughter, and people are questioning how could she let her Dothraki husband kill her brother

But again showing up with dragons, possible Dothrakis, and Ironborne what she will inspire in Westeros is fear. If she gets Tyrion as an adviser her public image will just get even worse, since tyrion is a murderer, kinslayer, kingslayer, who is very despised by the people.

BTW: I actually think there won't be any more Iron Throne by the end, which means it is possible there will be multiple kings, and queens.

Good point, in the gen population, none of the possible leaders will be able to bring the kingdom together. That's why I think they will ally against a common foe. An uneasy alliance? To say the least. A splintered kingdom at the end? Why not, it has been for most of the series. :)

Archived