The Knick (tv show) (Clive Owen/Steven Soderbergh)

AncalagonTheBlack

Veltigar, I have zero idea who you're referring to in that spoiler.

The blond asshole doctor touched the meningitis patients wounds when he picked up his sheat from the bed (after Algenon took a look at it) and he didn't wash his hands. After that, he went home and touched the faces of his wife and child (and himself). I guess that they'll all die soon

That's interesting, they certainly did make a show of him touching the wound of the patient, that being said, I'm not sure which bugs get transmitted by mere touching of the wound

Outside of spoilery stuff, I think the Cleary and the nun stole the show in that episode, I like them both and I particularly adore her accent.

That's interesting, they certainly did make a show of him touching the wound of the patient, that being said, I'm not sure which bugs get transmitted by mere touching of the wound

Meningitis apparantly. Don't forget that they weren't supposed to get into contact with any bodily fluids from the Meningitis patient. And they put so much emphasis on him sticking his finger in his childs mouth and touching his own face and that of his wife. I'm confident that it will develop into a fullblown illness.

Outside of spoilery stuff, I think the Cleary and the nun stole the show in that episode, I like them both and I particularly adore her accent.

Cleary was awesome, never thought he'd care and then he did.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't able to watch the Knick last week, but now I finally did. I so called it that the baby would get meningitis. I liked the bonding over the bike riding and the music that ended the episode was really great. I don't get why there is so little discussion of this show. It's really mesmerizing to look at.

Yeah. Thackery's thinking is revealing: a good black surgeon is not worth the trouble; a great black surgeon is.

Of course, that's pretty racist for today's standards "if you are not a WASP male, you better be exceptional or you can go to hell", but it's not that much for that period standards.

My only worry is that if that will make Gallinger (?) even more annoying.

Last episode was amazing!

Things escalated to insane levels. And for the first time we had the main cast working together, which was amazing, since usually they stay contained to their own personal subplots, Cleary was boss, when dragging that car to hide the patients.

Was last episode barely 40 mins long or was it just me? Still amazing regardless.

I was fascinated to find out that Cleary(the actor) doesn't have an accent at all from a little blurb a fter the show. Very well d one on his part

Archived