Favorite Sammich?

Nox Irradiata

I like bacon as much as every other Y-chromosomed person, but during summertime one of my favourite sandwiches is:

Wholegrain bread

Thin layer of mayonnaise

Smoked salmon

Iceberg lettuce

It's light and filling at the same time. Moreover, it's one of the few 1-slice-sandwiches you can eat with your fingers without getting them dirty (praise the lettuce-gods).

Today's sandwich was Wholemeal multigrain bread with hot roast beef, sliced fresh tomato, grain mustard and baby spinach leaves.

I think I have a different favourite sandwich every day.

Keep on suggesting that a nonathletic, undersized 12 year old should start weight lifting. Because that's prudent advice.....

Yup, me and the rest of the ENTIRE FUCKING weight lift world.

But you know.. I'm sure they aren't in the military, or played sports in college. So what they fuck would they know?

ETA: Also, save the douche stuff for someone that might someday come into a thread dedicated to working out, and tell someone who's entire life is built around strongman lifting that he/she is doing the lifts wrong. Seems like that might be a better use of the term. Oh… wait.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/03/texas-shaped-chicken-and-waffles-final-four

A sandwich served during the final 4 this year....

hand-battered tender chicken classically seasoned and fried, with house-made waffles. Delicious layers of chicken with crispy onion rings, pepper jack cheese, pecan-maple mayonnaise, crisp bacon are stacked between two Texas-shaped waffles

The Beet Reuben served at the Ukranian restaurant tucked in the back if the metal/punk club near my house. Toasted rye, roasted beets, house sauerkraut, house Russian dressing.

This whole post is light years away from anything remotely familiar to me. Sounds Awesome!

The best sandwich I ever had (twice) was an Italian sausage sandwich with sweet peppers from a small place in a strip mall parking lot in Romeoville Illinois. I've been trying in vain to recreate it at home for 12 years. I've had some delicious failures, but failures all the same.

If I ever get to New Orleans, I'm going to eat nothing but Muffalettas and Po' Boys. I'm thinking a crawfish Po' Boy might be just the thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I discovered tortas recently from a Mexican food truck called Surfin' Salsa. Basically, it's all the typical ingredients you'd find in a burrito, piled on to a delicious, buttery, flaky, grilled roll.

My question is why would you want to give up the perfect match of a tortilla for a couple of slice of bread? I'll take my burrito the regular way thank you, if you want to get fancy, you can deep fry the whole thing and call it a chimichanga.

Last night's late night sandwich was a grilled cheese on freshly baked multi grain bread. It consisted of Havarti, white cheddar, gouda, and manchengo cheese with roma tomatoes and avocado slices. I cooked it in a frying pan with a smaller frying pan on top with a brick on it to press the sandwich. Not a bad late night snack at all...

Archived