Saddest moment. E V E R

SerKurt

:frown5:

:crying:

:bawl:

My pick me up after this is always to think of the epilogue. Although that in itself is tragic I supoose. Vengeance is sweet, but living a life that has no foreseeable end, without anyone you love or care about, a poor tormented soul...

:crying: And now I'm even more down....

Well, may as well.

Dany smothering Drogo always gets me actually.

Bran wondering how Meera would react if he shouted that he loved her. Oh Bran my sweet child :crying: (I love Bran, I just want to scoop him up and give him a big cuddle)

I get emotional when Arya recognizes Harwin. She begins to think Arya Starks not a real person, cuz he doesn't recognize her. Then you think it's all good cuz he's practically family and he bent the knee to her; and doesn't help her at all.

Genna complaining about everything but says all her problems are miniscule because Tyrion is the enemy

And of course, Lady walking up to Ned as ladylike and trusting as her owner, only to be murdered by the so called protagonist

Tough question, a lot of really sad moments in this one. I'll still have to go with the Red Wedding and Ned's death.

Good 2nd tier candidates: Lady's death. Ygritte's death. Theon's fate. Ramsay starving Lady Hornwood to death. Master Luwin's death. All of Ned's men getting slaugtered in King's Landing (be it by Jaime or right at the end). Yoren's death. Jeyne Poole's fate. Bran falling. Dany losing her baby and Drogo's fate.

That made me cry so much during the show. Even listening to the music during that scene makes me tear up. It's crushing.

Also, this isn't a moment, exactly...but knowing that Aemon died without ever knowing who Jon was makes me incredibly sad.

That too. I just had the urge to shout each time I read/watch a scene with both Jon or Aemon. And that scene with the "kill the boy" when Aemon compares Jon to Egg, I was like ugh ! No, I promise Aemon, they are not all dead (or a world away, ie Dany), there is one just next to you !

Arya thinking about Mycah's death, and how he was murdered and the whole thing was just whitewashed, none of the "brave" men she knew saying anything or doing anything about it. And how she thought it was her fault he died because he had been practicing swords with her.

"He was my friend", Arya whispered into her plate, so low that no one could hear.

A girl understands injustice for the first time. :crying:

Not long after that her father tells her that winter will soon be upon them, and it is time for her to grow up.

"I will", Arya vowed.

:excl:

Aemon dying was sad, apart from the obvious reason;

The first realization of a living relative and he seems quick as Daron to shed the black. The oath of anti usurpation for grandmaester to his father never crosses his mind.

3 times Aemon said his vows were called into question. The 4th time broke his vows, and proved him to be another human living in westeros

Watching Ned break the most cherished part of his self-image to save the daughter who had just put herself first. We all focus on the death, but dying was something Ned was okay with. Breaking his honour took away who he is.

“Tyrion, Jon, Dany, Stannis and Melisandre, Davos Seaworth, and all the rest of the characters you love or love to hate will be along next year (I devoutly hope) in A Dance with Dragons, which will focus on events along the Wall and across the sea, just as the present book focused on King’s Landing.”George R. R. Martin June 2005.

It's happening again :(

Saddest moment ever? Lets see, mmmmm OK TOP 5.

5. E.T. says goodbye to Elliot, I'll be right here and sniffle the little guys finger lights up.

4. When they shot Bambi' mom got shot by the hunter and the dad is like "she can't be with you anymore." I mean seriously what the fuck Bambi should of joined the corps found the hunter and shot his ass. See hurts don't dickhead.

3. The Champ when Billy Flynn got knocked out, "get up champ"

2. Sophie's Choice, Eva is condemned too death.

1. Up, Carl and Elie.

Oh wait you mean the books.

“Could you bring back a man without a head?” Arya asked. “Just the once, not six times. Could you?”

“A daughter.” Brienne’s eyes filled with tears. “He deserves that. A daughter who could sing to him and grace his hall and bear him grandsons. He deserves a son too, a strong and gallant son to bring honor to his name. Galladon drowned when I was four and he was eight, though, and Alysanne and Arianne died still in the cradle. I am the only child the gods let him keep. The freakish one, not fit to be a son or daughter.”

Brie' pain.

"By what right does the wold judge the lion?" Jaime' hidden torment.

"And Robb. Robb who had been more a brother to Theon than any son born of Balon Greyjoy's loins. Murdered at the Red Wedding, butchered by the Freys. I should have been with him. Where was I? I should have died with him."

You can really do this all day. Find the happy moments that's the trick.

The fact that Maester Aemon died wishing he could be with Daenerys, guiding her, but never knowing how influential he was to another of his kin (Jon) always seemed very sad to me :(

"Egg?" he said, as the rain streamed down his cheeks, "Egg, I dreamed that I was old..."

I agree so much!... The series has really many, many bad fathers and kids with daddy issues and, unfortunately, these kids often become horrible persons... But Sam's really one of the most caring, nicest, best guys and his father is just the world's greatest SHIT! I hate him so much...

You can thank his mother for how Sam turned out to a good person despite his father.

This from Theon made me sad.

And Robb. Robb who had been more a brother to Theon than any son born of Balon Greyjoys loins. Murdered at the Red Wedding, butchered by the Freys. I should have been with him. Where was I? I should have died with him."

Definitely. That and Sansa's snow castle.

EDIT: I completely forgot Bran's first chapter in ACOK. That one was depressing.

Archived