Telltale's Game of Thrones: Spoilers Are Coming

l2 0 5 5

No, but the graphics sure look 13 years old. My problem was that the graphics looked noticeably worse and made it feel like they rushed this episode out. Among many other complaints, of course. I just think this is just a plain bad game with a comically bad storyline and characters. I'm not saying a different style could work better because I don't think it's really a video game type of story, but what they did with it is cringe-worthy.

Episode 1 looked good. Episode 2 looked rushed and had texture problems. Episode 3 looked good again. They certainly didn't rush episode 3 the same way they rushed episode 2.

Can anybody enjoy a videogame anymore without bitching about the graphics? Are you guys 13 years old? The graphics are not even bad, the art style Telltale uses is deliberate. It's supposed to look like a comic-book. Next you'll be whining about the lack of multiplayer.

Meh, I can give or take with graphics. But I think that when people pay the money to buy something, they should be validated to some sort of opinion of the game.

I mean I paid less than most people who bought it early but still, c'mon, it's not hard to make something look good when you're asking people to fork out money for it.

Meh, I can give or take with graphics. But I think that when people pay the money to buy something, they should be validated to some sort of opinion of the game.

I mean I paid less than most people who bought it early but still, c'mon, it's not hard to make something look good when you're asking people to fork out money for it.

I'm not going to bitch too much about the graphics of a $5-per-episode game. If they were asking for $60 per season, then yeah...I'd think that people have expectations. But the season costs $25- even less when you buy the 'value pack' of 5 games from Telltale. That's really cheap.

I'm not going to bitch too much about the graphics of a $5-per-episode game. If they were asking for $60 per season, then yeah...I'd think that people have expectations. But the season costs $25- even less when you buy the 'value pack' of 5 games from Telltale. That's really cheap.

I should have been clearer. I'm not calling it expensive, hell I couldn't care less if it looked as bad as some people might make it out to be, but money is money.

End of the day, I'm more interested in whether or not I enjoy playing the game.

Do I? Yeah

I mean it cost me like, £18 for the season, at prices like that I'm not moaning about how it looks. I mean I don't even have a problem with how it looks. I said "looks good", not amazing. Yeah if I pay something like £40 for something like Alien: Colonial Marines (which was so falsely advertised) then yeah I'd be pissed.

• 1 month later...

Lord whitehill sure is an asshole. Surely even Roose Bolton can see that having the Forresters as friends would be better for his interests.

I was surprised by my chouces at the end though. The community sided with me at the highest like 30%, Most of my choices hovered around 15-20%

I finally took a break from Witcher 3 to play through this. It was a fairly good episode, but at times, I felt a little distracted. There just didn't seem to be the urgency in my decision making the other episodes had. I have a question. Did anyone get their little brother killed at the Whitehalls? That was the only pressing moment for me, and I let the time expire.

• 1 month later...

All in all a very good episode. I'm enjoying this game more than the series that's for sure. The only moments that really make me cringe are the ones where they are actively pandering to the limited scope of the showverse (like that weird Sera bastard subplot). Any word on the date of the next release? :)

Lord whitehill sure is an asshole. Surely even Roose Bolton can see that having the Forresters as friends would be better for his interests.

I was surprised by my chouces at the end though. The community sided with me at the highest like 30%, Most of my choices hovered around 15-20%

Is there a way to look at all your choices? So far, they only display some of the choices for me? Perhaps I'm missing some sort of obvious feature that allows me to scroll further, but it's pretty annoying. I really want to know how many people shot the fleeing Wildling and chose to attack Ludd iat Highpoint.

I finally took a break from Witcher 3 to play through this. It was a fairly good episode, but at times, I felt a little distracted. There just didn't seem to be the urgency in my decision making the other episodes had. I have a question. Did anyone get their little brother killed at the Whitehalls? That was the only pressing moment for me, and I let the time expire.

Well, I didn't get Ryon killed, but pretty much everyone else sniffed it in that room. I thought it was a pretty bold choice of Telltale, but they didn't let me play further :( I had to choose another option than attack :) I do think I can now safely eliminate one guy of the possible traitor list :)

Ser Royland died alongside of me after killing Ludd Whitehill with an axe. I'm pretty sure that rules him out as the traitor. I'm still going for the maester as traitor after everything in this episode.

All in all a very good episode. I'm enjoying this game more than the series that's for sure. The only moments that really make me cringe are the ones where they are actively pandering to the limited scope of the showverse (like that weird Sera bastard subplot). Any word on the date of the next release? :)

Is there a way to look at all your choices? So far, they only display some of the choices for me? Perhaps I'm missing some sort of obvious feature that allows me to scroll further, but it's pretty annoying. I really want to know how many people shot the fleeing Wildling and chose to attack Ludd iat Highpoint.

Well, I didn't get Ryon killed, but pretty much everyone else sniffed it in that room. I thought it was a pretty bold choice of Telltale, but they didn't let me play further :( I had to choose another option than attack :) I do think I can now safely eliminate one guy of the possible traitor list :)

Ser Royland died alongside of me after killing Ludd Whitehill with an axe. I'm pretty sure that rules him out as the traitor. I'm still going for the maester as traitor after everything in this episode.

You can lose people? I got out of there with all my guys (wifey's guys actually) in one piece and the prisoner exchange arranged. Sounds like replays can be more interesting than I thought. As to the traitor:

For no specific reason other than her obsession with Ryon's safety (and maybe me projecting Cat on to her) I keep thinking Mom is the traitor.

You can lose people? I got out of there with all my guys (wifey's guys actually) in one piece and the prisoner exchange arranged. Sounds like replays can be more interesting than I thought. As to the traitor:

For no specific reason other than her obsession with Ryon's safety (and maybe me projecting Cat on to her) I keep thinking Mom is the traitor.

Well, I chose not

to take those Glenmore guys with me.

After that I chose to

attack Lord Whitehill. Pretty much everyone in the room died, but Telltale blocks you from playing any further after that. I just went right back to the moment Ludd grabbed Ryon and I had to choose again. At first I thought it might have been a glitch and I just attacked again but the same thing happened. So I just decided to call his bluff.

I'm thinking about replaying the last part to

see if Duncan acts similarly to Ser Royland. If he does, we can safely eliminate both of them from the traitor's list. The mom is definitely still an option. I think that it's either her or the master, but I dispelled thoughts on that subject after seeing no real hints of familiarity with Ludd Whitehill. Rod's mother said she had known him for a very long time, but I did think they would put a slight hint about trust or perhaps even old affection in there to make her treason more plausible. There is also something the matter of killing the ravens, that would be the most logical way to communicate with Highpoint, but it was the mother's idea to kill them all.

Well, I chose not

to take those Glenmore guys with me.

After that I chose to

attack Lord Whitehill. Pretty much everyone in the room died, but Telltale blocks you from playing any further after that. I just went right back to the moment Ludd grabbed Ryon and I had to choose again. At first I thought it might have been a glitch and I just attacked again but the same thing happened. So I just decided to call his bluff.

I'm thinking about replaying the last part to

see if Duncan acts similarly to Ser Royland. If he does, we can safely eliminate both of them from the traitor's list. The mom is definitely still an option. I think that it's either her or the master, but I dispelled thoughts on that subject after seeing no real hints of familiarity with Ludd Whitehill. Rod's mother said she had known him for a very long time, but I did think they would put a slight hint about trust or perhaps even old affection in there to make her treason more plausible. There is also something the matter of killing the ravens, that would be the most logical way to communicate with Highpoint, but it was the mother's idea to kill them all.

I'm really looking forward to how the traitor plot will resolve. I think you are right, in that Duncan/Royland are unlikely to be it, because it would be somewhat cliche to have the spurned advisor turn against the house. I think the Maester is definitely a possibility.

• 2 weeks later...
Fuckin hell

[spoiler] of course it ends with me having to decide which one of my two favorite characters to leave behind. I chose to have Asher have the epic death :( fucking A, hardest decision I've made in a tell tale game. Fuck you Duncan, I killed the fuck out of him [/spoiler]

[spoiler]So I guess the traitor is anyone you didn't choose as sentinel? I chose Duncan and Royland ended up being the traitor. I thought theyr would come up with better reason for the traitor...

At the end I chose to leave behind Rodrick. I didn't know if it would end in death or whatever, but letting Asher die would've been like killing Dany as soon as she lands in Westeros.[/spoiler]

Archived