Worst Mom in the series

teemo

We don't. Given the wildlings' propensity to have a rape-culture, well... we simply can't tell. Maybe she was simply Crasters first victim, and died in childbirth.

Well looks like I have a new post to add to the saddest part of the book thread, because that is just a bleak depressing sentence... :frown5:

True enough... Have that in mind when it comes to Sansa debates :)

I haven't been in any Sansa debates in ages. Not worth the effort. But you are right to say that Sansa fans have decided some things are inevitable with little proof so far. And I agree with some of them, like GRRM is going to make her a player of some kind. I don't think he's really shown that development in the text very well. Right now there is no way she can end as a Queen without infanticide or incest though so I don't buy that as an inevitability like some of her fans do.

I haven't been in any Sansa debates in ages. Not worth the effort. But you are right to say that Sansa fans have decided some things are inevitable with little proof so far. And I agree with some of them, like GRRM is going to make her a player of some kind. I don't think he's really shown that development in the text very well. Right now there is no way she can end as a Queen without infanticide or incest though so I don't buy that as an inevitability like some of her fans do.

Because George RR Martin is squeamish about incest and infanticide? Seeing you put it that way has thoroughly convinced me that she will be queen. :D

Did she abandon them to go have some fun for herself, doing whatever they do in westeros for fun? Because I sure as hell didn't see that. Perhaps you could enlighten me.

Never said that she went to have some fun. But she did abandon them and they were the ones who needed her most.

Never said that she went to have some fun. But she did abandon them and they were the ones who needed her most.

What about her other son who was fighting a war, the loss of which probably meant the death of Bran and Rickon and who needed all the help he could get given that he was a 15 year old with the political sense of a turnip?

Oh, I am so derailing this thread, but what the heck... As a Sansa fan, I can say to you that there isn't consensus among us fellow Sansa fans about her future. I have seen claims of her being Queen, Queen in the North, Lady of WF... And I personally don't buy one of those ideas. But, I do believe that Sansa, just like any of the Stark kids will have important role in the future installments. So, not all of us see her as a Queen of whatever, leader of free world, Stark version of Dany or whatever.

What about her firstborn son who was waging a war to save her Husband and two daughters? If she had done that you would turn around and said "see, how she abandons her son who needs her the most." That's what happens when someone has multiple kids. They have to choose sometime. Doesn't mean they don't love those other kids.

I think the prize goes to Cersei. She wants Tommen to be as horrible as Joffrey and bullies him because he isn't, lets an innocent boy get whipped till he bled because she didn't like that her son, the king, reminded her that he was the actual king, ruining her fantasy about how she's the rightful queen of the seven kingdoms. I just wish that she could be separated from Tommen.

What about her other son who was fighting a war, the loss of which probably meant the death of Bran and Rickon and who needed all the help he could get given that he was a 15 year old with the political sense of a turnip?

Oh, come on, he was better than a turnip surely. Other than that, I agree. No matter what Robb said, he wanted and needed his experienced, sensible mother with him.

Sybell Spicer Westerling,

Yeah, she was a horrible mother too, tricking her love-struck daughter into taking a contraceptive.

At least Robb was not misguided enough to let go a valuable war prisoner in the dumbest way and cost the Karstark men, which made him more desperate for a reconciliation with the Freys before the Red Wedding. How were Bran and Rickon condemned to die if Robb died at war? Ironically, the "deaths" of Bran and Rickon had no small amount of effect in Robb's demise. The King Who Lost the North. If Cat was so resourceful and helpful to Robb, she should have turned back home and not let Theon take Winterfell.

But no. George does not give king POVs and he needed a POV for Robb's campaign. Not among the most realistic parts of the story.

What about her firstborn son who was waging a war to save her Husband and two daughters? If she had done that you would turn around and said "see, how she abandons her son who needs her the most." That's what happens when someone has multiple kids. They have to choose sometime. Doesn't mean they don't love those other kids.

Never said she does not love other kids. Why do you have to pull strawmen? Yes she chose and it was a bad choice.

Lysa - all kinds of wrong in her mothering technique...

Tempted to say Cersei too, even though she loves her children dearly... but she horribly indulged Joffrey and effectively encouraged his evil ways by inculcating in him a grotesque sense of entitlement.

Does she?

Archived