Worst Mom in the series

teemo

These Cat answers are pretty funny to me.

We could do a best mothers thread, and I think she'd get just as many votes.

The polarizing characters are what makes these books great.

I agree re: polarizing characters, but I'm honestly confused that anyone would pick Catelyn for worst mother. I mean yeah there's room for improvement I'm sure, but worst... really? Oh well. They all get a spanking.

I agree re: polarizing characters, but I'm honestly confused that anyone would pick Catelyn for worst mother. I mean yeah there's room for improvement I'm sure, but worst... really? Oh well. They all get a spanking.

Get em Mikkel! They deserve it.

Like the new avi btw. 😁

Well it's more of a contest than the "worst dad" one, that's for sure (I mean that one was so obviously Davos).

Davos' wife Martha(?) is actually the worst mother because she married and had children with Davos.

So Davos is worst Dad, Cat is worst mom. Perhaps someone should start a worst sister thread. I'm sure Sansa would be a runaway winner. :bang: :bang: :bang:

I think the worst sister is Meera Reed, but all the Reeds are scum, I'll get on that later

I agree re: polarizing characters, but I'm honestly confused that anyone would pick Catelyn for worst mother. I mean yeah there's room for improvement I'm sure, but worst... really?

Yes, it's baffling. Subjectivity and all, but worst? In a series with Cersei, Lysa, Sybelle Westerling?

Would anyone seriously rather have Cersei for his mother than Cat? Maybe, if you are a masochist, but otherwise, just don't see a reason to make such a choose.

Yes, it's baffling. Subjectivity and all, but worst? In a series with Cersei, Lysa, Sybelle Westerling?

Would anyone seriously rather have Cersei for his mother than Cat? Maybe, if you are a masochist, but otherwise, just don't see a reason to make such a choose.

Then why was your answer Cat?

There's nothing wrong with Cat as a mother. She has FIVE fucking kids. One of them, a fifteen year old, decides to go to war to save all of them. She goes with him to help him, as he really does have the political savvy of a turnip. That's exactly what she should do.

As worst mother, in no order:

Cersei: Insane. Can not differentiate between herself and her kids, and when one of her kids forces her to do so by not being a sociopath, she gets nasty.

Selyse: Would burn her daughter alive to make R'hllor happy. Woman's insane.

Lysa: OMG, ew.

Get em Mikkel! They deserve it.

Like the new avi btw. 😁

Thanks, just spreading a little x-massy cheer from Stan the Man. Or as cheerful as he ever gets, anyhow!

I think most of them are not actually serious. At least I hope so.

Sarcasm.

Was that not obvious?

I am a proud Catelyn fanboy.

It was. But I did promise a spanking to everyone who said Cat, and you did say Cat, so... on the list you go =)

Mellario of Norvos

Marries a Prince ruling a powerful state and goes to Dorne but can't handle the change of culture in classic first world problems (because a life of luxury and privilege with diversity and sexual freedom is such a terrible thing. ) and abandons her children to run back to Norvos a land with small farms and small villages.

Selyse Florent

Huh? Why? Are you thinking show-selyse? Afaik she's a totally average mom in the books (so far) - no worse a mom than stannis is a dad.

ETA: oh ok you are all basing this on something that hasn't happened. In that case, sansa is the worst mother because in 20 years she is going to stab her newborn baby to death for no reason - look I can do this too!!

Just for the record;

I find the idea of Cat abusing Jon hilarious. As a Jon fan, I have no problem with that.

I didnot nominate Cat for the worst mother. I just reacted to this post:

Cat because Special Snowflake.

by writing this:

Cat because abandoning Bran and Rickon and not returning to them when she had the chance.

The point was to reply to a ridiculous idea and point what might be the questionable acts of Cat as a mother. I think this was a mistake of Cat but this does not make her the worst mother or a bad mother, given the situation she was in. No one can make perfect decisions all the time.

Archived