[BOOK SPOILERS] Changes for Season 5

I_Might_Be_God

Obviously, the show is going to start moving further away from the source material and as frustrating as it may be, it's understandable. So what do you guys think they'll deviate this season from ASOIAF?

• In my opinion, I really do think the whole Sansa replacing Lady Stoneheart (in spirit, mind you) is actually possible.
  • I also don't think Aegon makes the cut
  • I think some of the stuff at the Wall will be dropped (Karstark, for an example)
  • Jaime's Riverlands stuff won't happen. No idea what happens when he goes to Dorne. Don't see him dying though.
  • Lady Stoneheart and BWB won't appear
  • No Greyjoys (I'm really hoping Euron at least shows up next season)
  • Dany's plot looks to be changing a lot. I think Greyworm will replace Missandei's brother as one the victims
  • Tyrion gets to Dany way faster and they will meet in a different manner
  • It looks like Aemon dies at the wall so I'm not sure Sam leaves at all
  • Meryn Trant=Sweetling
  • Ellaria=Arianne
  • Bronn=Arys (unfortunately)

Thoughts?

This is the general consensus given how things have been changed/condenced in the past.

I think Jaime will = Arys but won't die.. Bronn = Dark Star so they may just flip that around. Since we've had no mention of House Dayne at all.

I will be really pissed if we never make it to Oldtown and they drop that whole arc. I don't really understand why they bothered with Theon at all only to drop the Greyjoys completely. But let me count our Dornish blessings.

I also think Daznak will end the Meereen plot. So no Dany's flight and no battle of fire (or this will happen at the same time as Daznak)

Unfortunately I don't see LSH happening, which is really weird as she has a good background to happen (BwB, Brienne's oath... They cut nothing from her arc except, well, herself).

I think we will see Euron on S06, but we may see some kind of Balon+Euron mix (that would be awful)

Aegon can to either way I guess

Obviously, the show is going to start moving further away from the source material and as frustrating as it may be, it's understandable. So what do you guys think they'll deviate this season from ASOIAF?

• In my opinion, I really do think the whole Sansa replacing Lady Stoneheart (in spirit, mind you) is actually possible.

I also don't think Aegon makes the cut

I think some of the stuff at the Wall will be dropped (Karstark, for an example)

Jaime's Riverlands stuff won't happen. No idea what happens when he goes to Dorne. Don't see him dying though.

Lady Stoneheart and BWB won't appear

No Greyjoys (I'm really hoping Euron at least shows up next season)

Dany's plot looks to be changing a lot. I think Greyworm will replace Missandei's brother as one the victims

Tyrion gets to Dany way faster and they will meet in a different manner

It looks like Aemon dies at the wall so I'm not sure Sam leaves at all

Meryn Trant=Sweetling

Ellaria=Arianne

Bronn=Arys (unfortunately)

Thoughts?

• I don't think Sansa will replace LS. Whether or not LS actually appears or not I don't know but surely Sansa will be gathering momentum in the Vale to rally troops or whatever (assuming this is what LF's speech about vengeance is about) The Vale has to get involved at some point and Sansa will be at the heart of it

I agree regarding Aegon, Karstark, Jaime, Greyjoys, Grey Worm dying, Aemon dying at the wall (the actor is in his 90s they won't do location shoots with him and generally the last three points but I don't think Bronn will die and obviously Ellaria and Meryn won't be exactly like the other characters but will influence the plot similarly

I think the BWB will appear though (with a possible friend hopefully...)

Also other changes from ASOIAF:

• Jaime and Cersei will split up because he released Tyrion not because of her sleeping around (which I don't even think will be mentioned other than when Lancel confesses to their previous affair and this is what will get her arrested).

KL will be a much more even Marg v Cersei fight rather than Marg being completely set up in the books and in jail most of the time

Tommen will have a lot more of an opinion on things - I can imagine the WoS being a pretty horrible thing for him to know is happening whereas in the books he is like 8 so wouldn't really know what was happening

Davos will stay at the Wall (not sure how Rickon would come into play though)

Loras won't go to Dragonstone (or wherever he goes in AFFC) or get "fatally" wounded

Dany/the Wall plotlines will be drastically cut but will end in the same place roughly as the books

Dany and Tyrion won't meet. They will be next to one another but not actually exchange dialogue

Tyrion and Jorah will have a much more amiable friendship

The one that most folk know - the Kindly Man will look like Ja'qen!

LF will return by jet pack to KL

Robert Arryn will die in Season 5 (and there will be an outcry as to whether or not its book spoilers even though he's cannon fodder and has to go eventually)

• I don't think Sansa will replace LS. Whether or not LS actually appears or not I don't know but surely Sansa will be gathering momentum in the Vale to rally troops or whatever (assuming this is what LF's speech about vengeance is about) The Vale has to get involved at some point and Sansa will be at the heart of it

I agree regarding Aegon, Karstark, Jaime, Greyjoys, Grey Worm dying, Aemon dying at the wall (the actor is in his 90s they won't do location shoots with him and generally the last three points but I don't think Bronn will die and obviously Ellaria and Meryn won't be exactly like the other characters but will influence the plot similarly

I think the BWB will appear though (with a possible friend hopefully...)

Also other changes from ASOIAF:

• -> sinp

Davos will stay at the Wall (not sure how Rickon would come into play though)

<- snip

Maybe Rickon won't come into play at all. Maybe he won't come into play in the books. Maybe Rickon or Benjen are just huge red herrings.

There would be a disturbance in the Stark-kids symmetry, though, if we never see Rickon, which is why I've been expecting him all along to re-appear at some point. But maybe the symmetry is a red herring. . . .

• It looks like Aemon dies at the wall so I'm not sure Sam leaves at all

I can see Sam finding the informations he's supposed to discover at the Citadel in the library of Castle Black in the end.

If the Maester or Faceless Men conspiracy are relevant to the end game, they'll be introduced in another manner, and we dont necessary need a book-PoV there to witness the potential attack of Euron.

• I don't think Sansa will replace LS. Whether or not LS actually appears or not I don't know but surely Sansa will be gathering momentum in the Vale to rally troops or whatever (assuming this is what LF's speech about vengeance is about) The Vale has to get involved at some point and Sansa will be at the heart of it.

Maybe that IS replacing LS. We're still not sure what Stoneheart's overall role is going to be going forward in the books - if her main role, apart from Jaime/ Brienne, is to wipe out the Freys before a Vale army marches in, then perhaps they'll just have a Vale army marching in instead.

I also think Daznak will end the Meereen plot. So no Dany's flight and no battle of fire (or this will happen at the same time as Daznak)

Unfortunately I don't see LSH happening, which is really weird as she has a good background to happen (BwB, Brienne's oath... They cut nothing from her arc except, well, herself).

I think we will see Euron on S06, but we may see some kind of Balon+Euron mix (that would be awful)

Aegon can to either way I guess

No Dany's flight? Isn't that supposed to be a series defining moment? Visually at least?

No Dany's flight? Isn't that supposed to be a series defining moment? Visually at least?

Dany's Flight can occur and she could just fly over Meereen with Drogon and roast several of her enemies from Yunkai.

I also think Grey Worm, Barristan, and Daario will die in Daznak's Pit or the some form of the Battle of Meereen.

Possibly Season 6:

Dany then sails for Westeros with Tyrion, Missandei, Jorah, etc after her dragons have created chaos in Slaver's Bay.

Dany flies on Drogon, Viserion and Rhaegal eventually make it to their unknown dragon riders.

Dany's Flight can occur and she could just fly over Meereen with Drogon and roast several of her enemies from Yunkai.

I also think Grey Worm, Barristan, and Daario will Daznak's Pit or the some form of the Battle of Meereen.

Possibly Season 6:

Dany then sails for Westeros with Tyrion, Missandei, Jorah, etc after her dragons have created chaos in Slaver's Bay.

Dany flies on Drogon, Viserion and Rhaegal eventually make it to their unknown dragon riders.

That would be epic.

LSH is DEFINTELY making an appearance :bowdown: , although I feel as though Sansa could show the beginning of the Stark revenge, it'd be a good way to link it all!!

How do you know LSH is in??

• Jaime and Cersei will split up because he released Tyrion not because of her sleeping around (which I don't even think will be mentioned other than when Lancel confesses to their previous affair and this is what will get her arrested).

I'm really hoping Lancel will confront Jaime about his affair with Cersei, especially now that he's confirmed to be in this season. Learning about her sleeping around was the major catalyst that made Jaime finally distance himself from Cersei. I hope they don't abandon that important part of his character arc.

Archived