Dating 23: Post your dating inquiries here

Um... I was responding to Arch Maester Phillip. It wasn't specifically about Mandy and definitely wasn't about you. I was questioning why it's such a horrific thing to message people for casual sex. I don't think that that is anything bad by itself. It sucks for Mandy, sure - but it's not something to clutch pearls over.

This is now like the 5th time or so that you've questioned any involvement I've had in the dating threads about anyone, Chats. It's an open thread. If you feel that no one who is not actively dating should be here, that's your deal - but that's not the board's policies. I've never flirted with anyone here save perhaps Terra and I've given advice when advice was solicited. Feel free to ignore me if you don't want my input, especially when I'm not addressing you.

As someone who is not part of the dating scene, I don't feel like I should be commenting in here either. I HAVE, but feel I shouldn't.

Kal, you TOTALLY quoted Mandy with the 'why wouldn't it be okay?' thing.

And I have noticed how often you comment in an accusatory or negative way to both Chats and Mandy. It is noticeable. I'm just a lurker mainly but I've often wondered wtf is up with that dude.

Ugh, so H broke it off with me tonight two days after being all snuggly with me. Like if you're going to want to hold hands and put your head on someone and that sort of thing in public and then 2 days later tell someone you're not interested in dating anymore? I am confused by these mixed messages, but whatever. I'm an adult and can move on.

Ugh, so H broke it off with me tonight two days after being all snuggly with me. Like if you're going to want to hold hands and put your head on someone and that sort of thing in public and then 2 days later tell someone you're not interested in dating anymore? I am confused by these mixed messages, but whatever. I'm an adult and can move on.

Sorry to hear it Kat.

I've gotten some messages from some single FB friends...apparently, the word is out that I'm now divorced. And I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying talking to these guys. I'm not sure I want to date right now. I don't really give a crap if these people like me or not, and it's fun just getting to know people better and make new friends.

It's amazing how fun it is interacting with people when there's no pressure to make a good impression. :D

So, I'm kind of sticking a toe in the water, but I want to thank this thread for helping me. I'm not sure I would have as much courage about the single life if it weren't for you guys, especially Chats. I love y'all. :love:

Lol, I *just* had a little 20-something with whom I had flirted MONTHS ago just text me and ask when we were going to "have some fun". After he fell off the earth one day.

I told him I wasn't sure we were in the same place - that there was a post-divorce point where I only wanted fun, but now I am more thinking about relationships.

Er, with that message coming out of nowhere I suspect that he is not thinking about relationships :p

Also irritated by the few messages I've received from guys who will "be in town for SXSW" and want to "have fun". Gods. Screw off.

I had in my profile that I am NOT interested in playing tour guide. You might want to add that. It was in my "message me if" area.

While you guys are getting provactive, sexy messages, I am messaging with a guy about chicken fighting and turtle racing. I am not kidding.

ES,

Hahahaha. I've had similarly silly conversations. They are good ice breakers. Toe first, then go for a dive.

Kat,

I'm sorry. :grouphug: That royally sucks.

Kat,

I'm sorry. :grouphug: That royally sucks.

Meh. I'm sad, but I'll get over it. I was just kind of surprised about this and told him as such since he told me this right before I was about to give him a ride home from a restaurant. Like that the time to mention it is probably during the conversation you had in bed a few days ago when you asked how serious we wanted to be? Whatever. This city is full of single people. I just don't like the process of finding someone to date. Back to the ol' inbox.

Meh. I'm sad, but I'll get over it. I was just kind of surprised about this and told him as such since he told me this right before I was about to give him a ride home from a restaurant. Like that the time to mention it is probably during the conversation you had in bed a few days ago when you asked how serious we wanted to be? Whatever. This city is full of single people. I just don't like the process of finding someone to date. Back to the ol' inbox.

I don't care for that part either.

That's pretty much why I hate dating. We're looking for that physical and emotional connection, start to care for someone, and then find out they kind of don't want to spend any more of their free time in your presence lol

So much awesome. I'd rather play World of Warcraft and level my garrison right now :p haha

The worst part about Saturday for me was knowing a connection existed but being unable to do anything about it. Just my luck.

S: Hey hows your day going?

M: Hey its been alright, long day at work, how about yours? Just about to head to the gym

S: Not bad havent really done much

M: Aw yeah no work today then? Come out to 1981 with us later!

S: sounds fun

M: see ya there then?

S: maybe

Just one example. Been gettin it alot. Girl messages me, I answer, she stonewalls. I dont get it. Its like they want to talk, but dont want to say anything

Archived