Dating 23: Post your dating inquiries here

Re: Datepalm

With all love and respect, you're getting very close to stalking territory. If the gender were reversed, and a man was to plan a trip to visit India with the vague hope that he might be able to spend some time with a woman who has deliberately kept him at arm's length when it comes to romance, it would read a little creepy. You can find something to do for the month without jetting off to India, of that I am sure.

Here's the thing - it's ok to have a crush on him. It's clear that you do. But, let's resolve that clearly before committing to cross-globe rendez-vous. It seems that the usual coded messages of interest are not working for you two, so, why not just come out and say "I really fancy you and I hope you will be interested in becoming romantically involved with me." That sort of resolution needs to happen, imo, before the type of meeting you're planning for next month.

Re: Datepalm

With all love and respect, you're getting very close to stalking territory. If the gender were reversed, and a man was to plan a trip to visit India with the vague hope that he might be able to spend some time with a woman who has deliberately kept him at arm's length when it comes to romance, it would read a little creepy. You can find something to do for the month without jetting off to India, of that I am sure.

Here's the thing - it's ok to have a crush on him. It's clear that you do. But, let's resolve that clearly before committing to cross-globe rendez-vous. It seems that the usual coded messages of interest are not working for you two, so, why not just come out and say "I really fancy you and I hope you will be interested in becoming romantically involved with me." That sort of resolution needs to happen, imo, before the type of meeting you're planning for next month.

Sobering and well raised points :mellow: .

I do hear you, though I think - god, I hope - I'm being less stalkerish in practice than the rather extreme points of frustration that are when I actually break down and post. For the most part, honestly, I'm trying to ignore this guy's existence - I just appear to be quite bad at it some times. I'm really, really not intending to meet him anywhere or anything of the sort. (including India, if I go - it will be with friends and a plan and not include him, since, for one, I don't think he's there.) Ugh, truth be told, I find this whole thing over-baked and unpleasant. It really is rather like having an illness. It feels external to me, parasitical, unrelated to any facet of who I actually am, what I do or what I want. I'm just trying to figure out some way to make it go away.

I don't see anything wrong with hanging out with a woman as friends, even one you have feelings for.

You do need to be honest with yourself though. If all this is is 'I really enjoy this woman's company' than knock yourself out. If there is part of you secretly hoping that she'll eventually see the light and decide she wants to be with you instead than you're probably just going to make yourself, and eventually her, miserable.

I don't see anything wrong with hanging out with a woman as friends, even one you have feelings for.

You do need to be honest with yourself though. If all this is is 'I really enjoy this woman's company' than knock yourself out. If there is part of you secretly hoping that she'll eventually see the light and decide she wants to be with you instead than you're probably just going to make yourself, and eventually her, miserable.

I honestly do enjoy her company, it was the most fun I've ever had with a woman, including ones I have slept with. I have no expectations at all. Normally I'd run from this kind of situation but I can handle being just friends. Going in into last week I prepared myself for the fact that she still might be seeing the gentleman in question. If the day comes when I can no longer handle it I'll step back. She knows how I feel about her so I imagine if it becomes difficult for her she would do the same.

Yup. I love both my adopted AND biological dads. They are cool.

Overheard this conversation:

Why do they call it tinder? Is it like tinder for a fire?

Yeah I think it's because all the users are going to hell.

Hahahahahhaaa

Anywho lol

Probably so members can start fires in their loins.

Damn it, I have an opportunity to date an OB/Gyn...but he's outside my parameters (age: 56).

Half of me is saying don't be so close-minded as regards to age. The other half of me is saying, have you never seen "Dead Ringers"?? :eek:

Archived