Dating 23: Post your dating inquiries here

Aaand thats that. As good as the last six months was, I just can't deal with seeing her with someone else. I apologised and then went and deleted/blocked her and everything. She said she understands how I'm feeling, so at least she doesn't think I'm just being a dick or spiteful. I regret this because ses an awesome chick but.. With my first ex, I got real bad anxiety attacks and I would take it out on her, and I could already feel it happening this time. I don't wanna be that crazy ex raging at her over nothing, shegets that enough as it is. I'm gonna miss her :(

It's always tough having to walk away like that but it's for the best.

It's always tough having to walk away like that but it's for the best.

It is, but its unbelievably difficult with mutual friends. Especially coming home from course and finding her hanging with my flatmates in the lounge.

Aaand thats that. As good as the last six months was, I just can't deal with seeing her with someone else. I apologised and then went and deleted/blocked her and everything. She said she understands how I'm feeling, so at least she doesn't think I'm just being a dick or spiteful. I regret this because ses an awesome chick but.. With my first ex, I got real bad anxiety attacks and I would take it out on her, and I could already feel it happening this time. I don't wanna be that crazy ex raging at her over nothing, shegets that enough as it is. I'm gonna miss her :(

O crap honey. You did the right thing. I have put myself in timeout a couple of times over exes. I couldn't be a grown-up, so I just had to leave the party. I promise, this was always the best possible decision I could make. Cut it off.

Thanks all for the input.

O crap honey. You did the right thing. I have put myself in timeout a couple of times over exes. I couldn't be a grown-up, so I just had to leave the party. I promise, this was always the best possible decision I could make. Cut it off.

I like the way you put that haha.. It sucks a lot because I've avoided letting myself get too attached to new partners because of how hard it was losing my first, and I honestly didn't realise I felt this strongly about this girl until it was over. But like my first, I know I need to cut things off, cause as you phrased it I can't be a grown-up here. I need some timeout :drunk:

Sorry if I seem like a downer atm, talking about break-ups in a dating thread lol. Thanks guys for listening.. I just needed to vent and try wrap my head around things.

I'm sure I will feel better soon. I had better not have spent 5 years getting over my 4 year relationship just to let it get me again...

I know how it feels to be happy about being alone and then want to feel close to someone. I'm trying not to be bitter about letting myself get close and it not working out. I don't feel like I won't find it again though.. I feel like I'll screw it up like the last two times. I hope it doesn't get to you and that you feel better soon too.

I'm going through something very similar, so I know exactly how it feels. Except it was almost 2 years, and he ended up being someone I couldn't even recognise. Way too much bullshit. I'm going to miss the guy he used to be. But it's for the best, I'm tired of having anxiety attacks over him and taking it all out. Enough is enough. It's time to move on and smile.

:grouphug: all will be fine.

For whatever reason, the transition months that lead into Spring or Fall can be triggers for Manic or Depressive episodes. There are a host of reasons, all of which I am sure are true for one reason or another. (Long and the short of it, it doesn't hurt to go talk to someone to make sure you don't develop bad cognitive patterns, but also know too that with a little time we also tend to even out.)

Sorry to hear how things turned but, but wsy too handle the situation decently and some.grace.

I'm with you man, taking myself out of dating for awhile.

Thanks. I wouldn't handle it any other way. We're going to continue seeing each other as friends I don't know how her boyfriend is going to feel but I guess that's between them.

Thanks. I wouldn't handle it any other way. We're going to continue seeing each other as friends I don't know how her boyfriend is going to feel but I guess that's between them.

I dunno how you do it. I can't do that, even the thought of it makes me feel sick. Not having a good morning at work atm

Well I doubt I'm doing to be doing much socializing with him because he's a lot older than her and she's not a former lover of fine who has moved on. So those to things make things easier and like I said earlier, she is such a remarkable person that I'm excited she wants to be part of my life and wants me to be part of hers as a friend.

I'm here if you need me.

For whatever reason, the transition months that lead into Spring or Fall can be triggers for Manic or Depressive episodes. There are a host of reasons, all of which I am sure are true for one reason or another. (Long and the short of it, it doesn't hurt to go talk to someone to make sure you don't develop bad cognitive patterns, but also know too that with a little time we also tend to even out.)

Yeah, I'm feeling it too. Not my own mood swings, but my girlfriend's (who was diagnosed with bipolar last spring during a similar episode). She's again jumping into a manic episode, and I can see it happen.

Luckily she met her doctor last week and got a new subscription for a mania suppressant. But damn, it's hard for me to see her get agitated like this again.

Why wouldn't it be okay?

Wait seriously?

It's an up front message, sent to someone that's into one offs it's fine as far as I'm concerned. It's awful from a "likely to get me interested" point of view, but there you are talking about effectiveness not whether its OK or not. The problem here is I'm pretty sure Mandy's profile makes it clear she's not interested in casual sex, so that makes it disrespectful and shows they haven't read her profile.

Archived