Dating 23: Post your dating inquiries here

It wouldn't even cross my mind to send flowers the next day. That seems a bit over the top after one date,

It really does. I would feel like I am coming on way too strong, and if a woman did that for me (or something similar), I would be concerned.

I worried I was too over the top when I did flowers a month in.

I love flowers, both giving and getting, but I can't imagine not getting freaked out by that sort of gesture that early.

I dislike receiving flowers. They're expensive and likely to wilt in a few days. Plus, they're almost always delivered to work, everyone in the building will walk by and comment on them, some will be brave enough to ask for the reason behind the gift or search out the card and read it, and at the end of the day you're stuck trying to transport the awkward vase home without making a huge mess or destroying them.

*My ex sent me flowers frequently despite my protests that I did not want them and that it was a waste of money (we shared a bank account at the time) so my perspective is likely biased.

I used to buy flowers for my first girlfriend quite a lot. I once sent her flowers because she was having some sort of minor surgery and we were on decent terms at the time, the flower company messed up and lost the message I sent with it so she thought her boyfriend at the time sent them which started a fight between them (she thanked him, he had no clue what she was on about and thought she was cheating). Made me feel like a piece of shit, and haven't bought flowers since.

LOL

It hasn't ever actually happened lmfao

I guess that shit only happens in movies or with stalkers hahaha

Yeah. Normal people don't do crap like that. This guy sent me photos of himself shirtless, holding big, automatic rifles of some sort, all while wearing mirrored sunglasses. It was so, so bizarre.

I probably have no business ever dating again. I seem to attract the strangest people imaginable.

Yeah. Normal people don't do crap like that. This guy sent me photos of himself shirtless, holding big, automatic rifles of some sort, all while wearing mirrored sunglasses. It was so, so bizarre.

I probably have no business ever dating again. I seem to attract the strangest people imaginable.

I seem to attract women who have issues with their father.

Due to work I had to delay my second date with the lady I will henceforth refer to as Cute Nurse. We went out for burgers and karaoke last night and things ended up going really well if you catch my drift. I think I really like her and definitely feel there's some potential here.

On the topic of flowers. I am a habitual flower sender. I send them to my wife at work and or just bring them home. I try to make my own arrangement when possible. I tend to do it once or twice a season. I never do it for an apology, mostly a just because. I would send flowers after a first date, but usually do it after the third. I have only had one person thank me and asked not do it again, so I didn't.

If I ever have a male child, here are the three pieces of advice I would give.

1. Send flowers, do it at least once at work. Never do it as an apology, respect others wishes after wards (Meaning if you hit that person that DOESN'T like them, no harm in that first action)
  2. Be Willing to Dance. (Bonus if you can dance well.) I cannot dance at all, however be willing to get on the floor and move about always garnered some positive attention.
  3. Learn how to argue towards a resolution and not towards victory (This applies towards both sexes I suppose). (Once you have a "winner" in an argument, everyone has lost.)

Congrats Liffguard! :D

I got chatted up by some kid last week while my trains were messed up, he couldn't have been more than 20. I was sorta flattered, but damn, I'm not about to start flirting with boys literally half my age.

Hot Work Dude continues to invite me out to lunch every day and chat with me on Whatsapp most evenings. He also continues to have a girlfriend and to be hung up on his ex. I've decided I'm actually OK with this for the moment, cos I'm prob too antisocial and lazy for a real relationship anyway and at least this way I have a nice fellow to flirt with. Fed up with the same old faces on OKC and the pointless "Hi cutie will u be my soulmate?" messages (seriously, who thinks that shit is a good idea?!)

Congrats Liffguard! :D

I got chatted up by some kid last week while my trains were messed up, he couldn't have been more than 20. I was sorta flattered, but damn, I'm not about to start flirting with boys literally half my age.

Hot Work Dude continues to invite me out to lunch every day and chat with me on Whatsapp most evenings. He also continues to have a girlfriend and to be hung up on his ex. I've decided I'm actually OK with this for the moment, cos I'm prob too antisocial and lazy for a real relationship anyway and at least this way I have a nice fellow to flirt with. Fed up with the same old faces on OKC and the pointless "Hi cutie will u be my soulmate?" messages (seriously, who thinks that shit is a good idea?!)

Ur gorgus.

(That one's my fave, and you are.)

Actually my "favourite" msg recently was from some careless dude who clearly stopped keeping track of who he'd been spamming and when...

Message in November:

Ah now sure, lovelylicious profile indeed young lady - did have a wee smile on me face as I was reading through - sure it takes little to amuse the innocent eh?

How's you this 'now turned winter' Novemberfest, me is looking forward to the next Indian summer now the fireworks are out of the way.

Please do come find me if you fancy a wee natter sometime with a displaced Irishman - i'd like that indeed.

Have fun whatever mind.

sean

x

And another one in Feb:

Ah now sure, lovelylicious profile indeed young lady - did have a wee smile on me face as I was reading through - sure it takes little to amuse the innocent eh?

How's you this one whole month into '15... me is looking forward to the next Indian summer now the chillyness & snow has arrived.

Please do come find me if you fancy a wee natter sometime with a displaced Irishman - i'd like that indeed.

Have fun whatever mind.

sean

X

I'm not sure whether to be more annoyed at the excruciating tourist-board Oirish or the lazy copypasta...

Archived