Bloodborne: Get that @#$% out of the VG thread!

aceluby

Renaming the duplicate VG thread so not all the comments in the Video Games thread is about BB...

Got to play some Bloodborne this weekend and it's definitely becoming easier. Took down three bosses and progressed enough to get to the 2nd tombstone in the dream. Still have yet to be summoned by anyone despite leaving it on at all times, but I think I'm to leveled up (43) to be in anyone's range.

The big bosses seem to be all pretty easy as long as you stay aggressive. Get close, wait for a strike, dodge sideways (NOT BACK), counter, dodge, counter; then either circle to gain endurance, waiting for the next strike; or dodge out and swig a vial.

Hopefully I'll be able to sneak some gaming time in this week, but man is my time sparse these days; plus with spring right around the corner I've got lots of projects to tackle. Might be a slow progression through BB.

I would say just rename this thread and make it the Bloodborne thread.

Good idea... Bloodbourne is 90% of the conversation in the current video games thread.

Maybe we should adopt a common naming convention to make searching thread titles easier? That's how we roll in the NFL thread.

Video Games 2015, Part X: Insert Funny Subtitle Here

I thought that was the standard, which is why I missed it. I'll remake this to the bloodborne thread.

The hunters are really tough, but it seems that you only need to defeat them once, so they're like mini-bosses.

I'm around the same level about to head to Dark Beast Paarl's before heading to the woods and taking out Shadow of Yharnam.

So far I'm enjoying this experience as much, or more than any of the Souls games. The faster pace is a lot more fun.

From the other thread:

I'm just a little farther than you as I've

beat the Shadow of Yharnam in the Forbidden Woods

Before I progress more I think I'm going to level up some and do some farming. I'm level 44 what about you?

I'm level 39.

I think I've died more in this damn forest than any other zone in the game so far put together. All because of my stupid mistakes though.

ETA: Fuck snakes.

The Forest was a nightmare, just because it's so big. There's tons of enemies and I have to kill them all, and explore every corner, to make sure I don't miss anything. And I still missed things.

I'm a bit farther in still, but there is a big difficulty spike. I'm level 59 and having a lot of trouble.

Edit - Eileen never appeared in her second location. Not sure what I did wrong to blow the questline. But I ended up getting my daggers and feather cape anyway.

Killed Eileen this morning, accidentally attacked her thinking she was a hunter and found an AI exploit to kill her (no shame...). First game like this where I killed an NPC on accident, lol.

The world is so big. I keep losing my way and forgetting where I need to go. I'm heading to Hemwick Chanel Lane next I think before I take on the Gaol and then the woods.

Just make sure you don't co-op in the Forest, as there's a bug that will prevent you from being able to complete the next area.

Oh fuck what? I got summoned to someone's game for a bit couldn't find them and we didn't fight the boss.

Hopefully I don't have to start the fucking game over now...

Archived