UK Politics: General Election Triviality

DJDonegal

The unwieldy, seven-leader debate takes place tonight.

Anyone planning to watch? I've got my hangover viewing sorted for tomorrow. There's no way I'm giving up one of the best drinking nights of the year to watch what can only be a train-wreck two hours of soundbite after soundbite.

The unwieldy, seven-leader debate takes place tonight.

Anyone planning to watch? I've got my hangover viewing sorted for tomorrow. There's no way I'm giving up one of the best drinking nights of the year to watch what can only be a train-wreck two hours of soundbite after soundbite.

Indeed. Imagine giving up Good Friday Eve to watch something which you can catch the highlights of tomorrow.

Is it just me being a Commie or has the BBC dropped all pretense of neutrality? How can they get away with running The Telegraph front page as headline news for an entire fucking day? And today there is a whole article about some Youtube video compilation of Camerons 'awesome' put downs.

It's just you. I could flail away with a spiked club in the BBC Newsroom indefinitely without hitting a Tory voter.* Now, whether their attempts to be balanced and overcome their personal views causes them occasionally to veer too far in the opposite direction is something the BBC needs to keep an eye on.

I think the business leader story is valid, as the polls show that concern about Miliband's attitude to business is one of the drivers for him being much more unpopular than his party.

* I promise not to do this.

It's just you. I could flail away with a spiked club in the BBC Newsroom indefinitely without hitting a Tory voter.* Now, whether their attempts to be balanced and overcome their personal views causes them occasionally to veer too far in the opposite direction is something the BBC needs to keep an eye on.

I think the business leader story is valid, as the polls show that concern about Miliband's attitude to business is one of the drivers for him being much more unpopular than his party.

* I promise not to do this.

Got an incredible image of you running across the background of the news swinging a spiked cub around your head

I'm watching it for now; fucking hell Farage is a bellend. Every question he's trying to turn it round into 'blame the immigrants!'.

Heh. Nicola Sturgeon called him out for it but she needed a bit more media training before this; she keeps looking down and around and anywhere but at the camera or the audience and it makes her look shifty as fuck.

ETA: Oh my goodness Ed Miliband is awkward as fuck.

Nicola Sturgeon is the one that is impressing me the most to be honest.

Yeah, apart from the eye-contact thing she's been pretty good, in part precisely because she's about the only one not trying to say everything in easily quotable manifesto bullet-points.

Nigel Farage looks like a slug.

Wood is just so provincial. At least Sturgeon is trying hard to make her points more widely applicable than just what will directly affect funding for xyz in her own nation.

Archived