Penny Dreadful III: Be my Little Scorpion [spoilers]

Ramsay B.

Ah okay...

Also, did anyone else get a sense that Lily's memory has returned a bit, and she's a bit vengeful?

that guy was like twice her size! Did she acquire super strength like Caliban?

(Note; I haven't watched the first season since last year so if we were given some hint, I'm relatively clueless....)

Ah okay...

Also, did anyone else get a sense that Lily's memory has returned a bit, and she's a bit vengeful?

that guy was like twice her size! Did she acquire super strength like Caliban?

(Note; I haven't watched the first season since last year so if we were given some hint, I'm relatively clueless....)

We had a bit of discussion of this at the very end of the last thread. Basically, yes to both questions, imo. The way she approached the man so openly in The Globe suggests to me some subconscious memories of her life as a prostitute. And I believe the process Victor uses to make his creatures gives them supernatural strength. See, as an example, Caliban ripping Proteous in half with his bare hands

I wonder if Ethan and Vanessa are ever going to consummate their relationship, given what happened to Vanessa when she and Dorian slept together last season. Vanessa is probably going to be wary of sleeping with Ethan and run the risk of releasing whatever it was in season one (my memory is rather hazy of what exactly happened).

Before this week, I didn't think much of Billie Piper's acting ability. Now though.....

And good to see Dorian's character taking the dark turn that it needed to stay interesting.

Before this week, I didn't think much of Billie Piper's acting ability. Now though.....

That was incredible, though a bit unexpected. Not sure how she figured how what she is.

And Malcolm and Kali, powerful stuff.

Also loved Dorian's painting.

Taking bets now. Who is Lucifer's brother? Dracula, Dorian, or someone/something else.

Taking bets now. Who is Lucifer's brother? Dracula, Dorian, or someone/something else.

I thought it was explained in the scene before Sir M became possessed - the vampire from the first series, which was why he was looking for Vanessa.

I thought it was explained in the scene before Sir M became possessed - the vampire from the first series, which was why he was looking for Vanessa.

You mean the one that Sir M killed? That was just a minion. Mina, before she died, did mention a master. Dracula is the most likely candidate. I know that the brother does what vampires do, but maybe he is more than just a vampire.

Such a good episode

So much happened I wish every episode was like this

Dorian has gone bad or badder

Lily/Brona actually talked/monologued herself into loving Caliban complete 180 from how she started. He looked utterly terrified of her

So the big bads are actually the devil and dracula or original vampire that are brothers...

How did Mina become an undead again if she got killed last season hmmm

Given Josh Hartnett's interview from earlier in the season that stated Dracula has not been on the show yet and likely will be in a big way at some point, definitely points to him.

Wait? So Lucifer's brother wouldn't be god? But another dark spirit?

Lucifer isn't a god and certainly is portrayed on the show to be one. He's an Angel who got kicked out by God. I have no idea where you would get the idea God was his brother.

Lucifer isn't a god and certainly is portrayed on the show to be one. He's an Angel who got kicked out by God. I have no idea where you would get the idea God was his brother.

Sorry mixing old religious beliefs, forgive me.

There is a belief that Jesus is God, so I thought that would make the devil his brother.

There is another where God created Jesus (his first born) and the devil is just another angel.

That still leaves my question, could Lucifer's brother be good? (essentially?)

That still leaves my question, could Lucifer's brother be good? (essentially?)

The notion of Lucifer having an actual brother (not just his fellow angels- arch, fallen, and otherwise) is new to me, but since they're both angel stock, "essentially good" could apply to both of them. I guess.

Short answer is, like the Bible, it's up to the writers.

(My preferred version of the Big D is the one in Milton's Paradise Lost and Neil Gaiman's Seasons of Mists)

Anyway, very good ep. I red an article a few weeks ago about how Billie Piper's Lily would eventually give Eva Green's Vanessa a run for her money, and it looks like it was right. Apparently, Lily has big plans; maybe she's next season's big bad.

I forgot that Victor and Sir Malcolm had a father-sonish relationship of their own . Good to be reminded. And welcome back Sir "I-named-a-mountain-after-me" Malcolm.

One more thing: I wish they had never shown Dorian's portrait. Best left to the imagination (also, sometimes, I amused myself with the notion that the painting was dogs playing poker).

And good to see Dorian's character taking the dark turn that it needed to stay interesting.

I've not seen the episode yet, but couldn't resist reading spoilers this week. Curse you all for being so vague! :p

ETA: I've thought Billie Piper was great for most of this season actually, acting wise. A vast improvement on Season 1

WOW. That was awesome. I love that even though this week focused on the B-characters (and no sign of Vanessa or Ethan), it was still a phenomenal episode.

--Holy big reveal, Batman!!! The fact that Dracula is Lucifer's brother is a fantastic twist. Too often shows don't connect their seasons, instead choosing to pass from Big Bad to Big Bad with no connection. But the fact that Lucifer and Dracula are brothers, both searching for Vanessa in order to "free" themselves and re-take heaven? So GOOD. That's an incredibly exciting storyline. And Lyle reading the full story out loud....Sambene knows who the wolf of god is!

--Really loved the opening scene between John Clare and Victor. I must admit that I have a lot of sympathy toward Victor (I have a weakness for difficult, socially awkward geniuses who find themselves in love, I guess) and I thought Clare was quite scary in his possessive nature toward Lily. It's not unlike Victor's somewhat possessive nature and I wonder if Clare "got it" from his "father/creator"

--The scene between Malcolm and the detective from Scotland Yard. Wow. Intense.

--ADORED the scene between Victor and Malcolm dissecting the symptoms of love and what it means to be "enchanted." Nice to see PD return to the father/son relationship for those two.

--Malcolm fighting Kali's fetish by remembering his wife and children was powerful and very moving. Also, liked that it was Sambene who was a bit of an anchor for Malcolm (really want Sambene's story already---hopefully next season)

--Whoa, Dorian's painting! It...moved. RIP Angelique but what's up with the painting?? Ok. I love how I went from being mostly disinterested in Dorian's story because it doesn't connect to what is going on with Vanessa, et al. to being fascinated lol. I wonder if Dorian works for one of the brothers...?

--Billie Piper! Holy crap, Billie Piper! The transition from Lily to Brona while she's fighting with John Clare. WOW. Just stunning. Her entire monologue afterwards was simply breathtaking.

Preview for next week!! (holy shit)

Billie Piper was freaking awesome in 208. Hope they submit her for a Supporting Actress nom.

Can't wait for next weeks penultimate episode!

Anyone think Sir Malcolm might bite the dust soon?

I think they might be leading the audience in that direction but I doubt that they kill him off.

Ah, BearQueen, I knew I could count on you for more specific spoilers. Many thanks ;) I'm looking forward to this episode more than ever now :D

So we now have three standout females in the show - Billie Piper, Eva Green, and Helen McCroy?

Also, I love being right :smug: (about Angelique I mean)

ETA: JackBauer24, Piper was nominated for her performance in Season 1 I think. And even having not seen 208 yet, she has shown a marked improvement on last year.

Damn, only two episodes left after this one. It's going to be a long year when it concludes!

Archived