HBO Selects Emmy Award Submissions

Westeros

Gold Derby has a mass of pictures and details concerning HBO’s “for your consideration” package that they’ve sent out to the 15,000-strong Academy of Television Arts & Sciences to help provide material for them to decide their Emmy nominations. Of particular note to fans will be the Game of Thrones actors and actresses that HBO has submitted for consideration with the academy:

• Best Actor/Actress: None. Which is interesting, to say the least. Is it because the ensemble cast suggests there’s no single lead actor? That’s fair enough, but it does seem strange to not have Dinklage here when he’s now heading the credits…
  • Best Supporting Actor: Peter Dinklage, of course, joined by Alfie Allen, Kit Harington, and Richard Madden. As Gold Derby notes, eligible performers can submit on their own, so nothing is stopping Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Stephen Dillane, Liam Cunningham, or others for submitting themselves.
  • Best Supporting Actress: Maisie Williams, Michelle Fairley, Emilia Clarke, Lena Headey, and Sophie Turner.
  • Best Drama: Game of Thrones joins Boardwalk Empire, Luck, and True Blood.

Visit the Site!

I believe all ten episodes will be considered. I'm not quite sure why those two in particular were chosen, but it may just be a timing thing.

The two first episodes are probably the weakest of the season...they better not base it on just those.

Peter and Alfie have a good chance at winning.

I think Liam Cunningham has been killing it as Davos. Great performance and makes me like Davos more. In episode two hes got that great interaction with the pirate which helps.

Dont know why theyd submit Kit, the first two episodes don't really give Jon anything to work in terms of award winning performance, later in the season this will prob change though.

I think Liam Cunningham has been killing it as Davos. Great performance and makes me like Davos more. In episode two hes got that great interaction with the pirate which helps.

Dont know why theyd submit Kit, the first two episodes don't really give Jon anything to work in terms of award winning performance, later in the season this will prob change though.

Maybe they don't know what they have. Iain Glen, Liam Cunningham, Stephen Dillane - but Liam especially has been so fucking good this season. He really captures the warmth and sincerity of Davos' character.

I'm stunned that they didn't nominate Jack Gleason. Maybe they're waiting for other things to happen before submitting his name. He is the number one villain this season. He has been spectacular in his odiousness (if that's a word!)

Why only the first two episodes? Will the entire ten-episode second season be considered, or only the performances we see in the first two episodes?

Pretty sure its the whole season, they probably just have to submit a list or something. Pretty sure Peter won mainly due to his brilliant trial at the Eyrie, episode 6 I think.

Jack Gleeson and Conleth Hill should be add up there too !

Couldn't agree more! Brilliant in both their respective roles. I don't wanna knock any hard working actors but Kit really? I mean we are 40% into season 2 and we've spent a lot more time with Joffery and Varys and I think they deserve more than being the guys who appear between the NINE suggested nominees.

Of course not all these actors are going to be chosen as nominees but if its a numbers game why not nominate all our screen dominating favorites?

They might be limited to the number of people they can nominate but it thats the case I wonder why they chose 5 of the ladies and only 4 men?

No Jack Gleason? Sophie Turner? Not happy about this.

Thankfully Sophie is nominated.... no love for Jack though.

Archived