What are we drinking now?

Reposado

Nothing much at the moment as my stocks are low. Luckily, I'm off to Scotland for a week on Monday, so I've drawn up a restocking list:

Ardbeg 10yo

Ardbeg Uigeadail

Blair Atholl 12yo

Bunnahabhain 18yo

Glenfarclas 15yo

Oban 14yo

Springbank 12yo cask strength

Strathisla 12yo

Very excited!

Well. Someone takes the way they spend their beer money seriously.

Nothing much at the moment as my stocks are low. Luckily, I'm off to Scotland for a week on Monday, so I've drawn up a restocking list:

Ardbeg 10yo

Ardbeg Uigeadail

Blair Atholl 12yo

Bunnahabhain 18yo

Glenfarclas 15yo

Oban 14yo

Springbank 12yo cask strength

Strathisla 12yo

Very excited!

I will be camped on your doorstep, man.

All the Argentinean wine there is. And very tasty it is too.

Hmm ToL, do you literally just pop a cinnamon stick into the coffee before it's drank or do you let it sit for a while. I've tried ground cinnamon in mine but never really been happy with the taste and the consistency.

Does anyone know if that thread from Hereward and I believe the X's and others regarding whiskey still exist. I'm going whiskey tasting next week or the week after and wouldn't mind some help creating a flight.

Re: cinnamon sticks in coffee...

If you want a really strong taste of cinammon, put two sticks into the pot you've made and let it sit for a while. If you just have one cup, use one stick as a stirrer. The longer the cinnamon stick sits in the coffee, of course, the stronger it'll be. And you can reuse them several times, actually. Just be aware that the inside of the stick will loosen and release into the coffee after a few uses, so you'll get that ground cinnamon texture.

I like a cup of coffee with my cinnamon, so I use two sticks. :)

pounding cans of pbr while listening to slayer with the late rush hour train crowd.

Where, sir, did you learn to drink PBR?? I will have the truth of this!

Where, sir, did you learn to drink PBR?? I will have the truth of this!

i learned it years ago in portland.

it came from going to heavy metal shows where tall boys of pbr were $2.00. after pregaming with with good beer and bourbon it was good answer. also 7-11 had two tall boys for $5 usually. that is a good price for beer on the walk home or while doing yardwork.

pbr is hardly my norm. but, it is cold, will get you drunk in enough volume and does really well in the shower.

shit!!!!! we never gave you a shower beer.

you gave me many lovely 'post metal, post rye, post gin and tonic beers.'

when i woke from your comfortable futon with my head full of pain i was barely in shape for the shower i was provided. a beer was not at all needed at that moment.

you are fantastic hosts!

Archived