What are we drinking now?

Reposado

today I made lavender syrup. I have that and a fresh bottle of gin in my lap on the train. there are limes on the counter. lavender gimlets, here we come!

May you bring joy to all and sundry.

last night ended up being a bowl of pho and ipa.

this evening i have finally made the gimlet with lavender syrup.

delicious. lime, gin and lavender are best fucking friends!

and for the poor cold-ridden wife a hot cup of chai spiked with eagle rare ten year, lemon and honey. she is not likely to have trouble sleeping tonight.

As Xray mentioned, we are currently drinking a homebrewed sour ale. It started 13 months ago as a straightforward Belgian-style brown, spent about 5 months aging on oak chips, dates, and the dregs from two bottles of Russian River's Consecration*. At one point, it tasted like fruity paint thinner. Blended it with a couple different non-sour ales before bottling about 7 months ago. It's turning out to be pretty interesting. Perhaps a little tarter than it should be, but it has a nice fruity finish.

*the best sour beer in America, if not the world.

As Xray mentioned, we are currently drinking a homebrewed sour ale. It started 13 months ago as a straightforward Belgian-style brown, spent about 5 months aging on oak chips, dates, and the dregs from two bottles of Russian River's Consecration*. At one point, it tasted like fruity paint thinner. Blended it with a couple different non-sour ales before bottling about 7 months ago. It's turning out to be pretty interesting. Perhaps a little tarter than it should be, but it has a nice fruity finish.

*the best sour beer in America, if not the world.

your beer sounds intriguing.

and the consecration is considered likely one of the best beers in the world, i agree.

Archived