What are we drinking now?

Reposado

You know lots of municipal water supplies (or at least one, in some article I read ages ago somewhere on the internet) have trace quantities of cocaine. Is that why you're drinking it?

What? No. What are you talking about? Get out of my house!

Still finishing up my six pack of Tumbler, but I stopped on the way home on a mission to find something for MC and boy, did he win big.

I came away with the last three bottles of Bitches Brew! Also Full Sail Top Sail Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Porter, Widmer Barrel Aged Brrrbon 11 and to keep with the running theme, the proprietor convinced me to get the Goose Island Bourbon County Stout.

I have, after all, resolved to try more bourbon. ;)

I also grabbed myself a six-pack of New Belgium Abbey Belgian Ale.

Cheers!

Still finishing up my six pack of Tumbler, but I stopped on the way home on a mission to find something for MC and boy, did he win big.

I came away with the last three bottles of Bitches Brew! Also Full Sail Top Sail Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Porter, Widmer Barrel Aged Brrrbon 11 and to keep with the running theme, the proprietor convinced me to get the Goose Island Bourbon County Stout.

Cheers!

holy awesome!

I am pleased!

Cheers!

I grabbed a bottle of bitches brew because of the album, and the beer was actually delicious too!

I just had two of the most amazing Old Fashioneds I've ever had in my life. Josh, the hot bartender, explained to me the history of the Old Fashioned, then proceeded to make me two "real" ones. OMG. I've never been a fan of the Don Draper Old Fashioned, with the fruit muddled in. These were made with High West Double Rye, assorted tinctures (one used cinammon, the other used tobacco (!) ), and maple syrup. No fruit. Delicious. Quite an unexpected find in Rochester, MN. Yum.

AG, funny you should say that. I was just on a cruise and one afternoon stopped at a bar for a "mixology" session.

The bartender made the most fabulous old-fashioned I have ever had. He didn't use a maraschino cherry, he used tinctures too, and he used orange peel, rubbing the glass with the peel. And when he mixed the drink, he stirred it in the glass with the ice cubes, and talked about using hard ice (that doesn't instantly melt) and stirring the drink well, because the cold from the ice would bring out the flavors in the drink. Then he waved the peel over the drink, so that when you picked up the glass, you drank through scent. It was really quite remarkable.

Yes! We had an entire discussion about the Big Ice Cube. I've always wondered, and Josh explained the theory to me, about how it makes the drink colder and melts slower so the drink does not dilute too quickly. Totally makes sense. He's participating in a big "Iron Chef-style" bartending competition in Minneapolis this weekend, and I wish him the best of luck.

Nothing much at the moment as my stocks are low. Luckily, I'm off to Scotland for a week on Monday, so I've drawn up a restocking list:

Ardbeg 10yo

Ardbeg Uigeadail

Blair Atholl 12yo

Bunnahabhain 18yo

Glenfarclas 15yo

Oban 14yo

Springbank 12yo cask strength

Strathisla 12yo

Very excited!

Archived