Reasons Westeros could turn on Dany?

chrisdaw

She's also a woman, people don't tend to like that in their rulers in Westeros.

Exactly. Look at what happened in The Princess and the Queen. The way the major families chose sides in conflicts in Westerosi history (The Dance, The Blackfyre Rebellions, The War of the Ninepenny Kings, even the succession of Aegon I, etc) could tell us a lot about what we can expect in TWOW and beyond with regard to Dany and her future allies. The gender issue of rulers alone would make a great thread. Of course we also would have to consider other motives for choosing sides in the past, present, and future. Dorne's obviously a different story in regards to the importance of gender in its rulers.

Agreed. fAegon will unite Stormlands, Dorne and the Reach. He will be annointed by the HS and Illyrio will supply foods and provisions from Essos to win the heart of the people. People will love him. This is foreshadowed in the HotU vision like this: "A cloth dragon swayed on poles amidst a cheering crowd."

And as you said, people will simply avoid facing the hard truth that the story of the Pisswater Prince is a big fat lie.

Before Dany comes to Westeros, she will sack and conquer Volantis and possibly Pentos too. Team Blackfyre will be in a big trouble when the word of the fall of Volantis reaches them. They will fear that Dany will antagonize them so they will start their campaign against her by spreading rumors about her secretly. When Dany takes Pentos, Team Blackfyre will practically be at war with Dany but they will avoid being the first side to declare war. When Dany lands on the Vale, fAegon will request her obedience and demand her to come and bend knee to him. Dany will refuse and declare that he is false. This way, Dany will be seen as the one who betrays the rightful king.

First time I read the books, I was 100 percent sure that Dany would return to Westeros to take the IT by force.I now see a small possibility that Dany does not return to Westeros to take the IT. She might return for other reasons - but no invasion.She has 10s of thousands of followers and forces without the Dothraki - I am beginning to doubt that she unites the Dothraki. The logistics of getting all those people to westeros is too difficult.I am beginning to believe that she might stay in Essos to rule slavers bay. GRRM (to my dismay) has made a big deal over Dany ending slavery.. It does not seem realistic for Dany to just drop the slavery issue and invade Westeros.

Yep, surely Selmy or Tyrion will tell her how disastrous it will be to take Dothraki to Westeros. Not only will it give her a bad image but also how will she feed them in a land that is already starving. Likly she will take her Bloodriders but leave the other Dothraki to enforce her will in Essos.

I highly doubt the sheeople of westeros will stand against Dany. After the bang up job the current regimes are doing. If Dany brings stability it will be the easiest roll over of all time.

Depends on how fAegon goe's. If he unites Westeros and brings peace and then Dany lands and kicks up another war the commonfolk will hate her guts.

Nope. I meant embellished truth, as in the details being a tad wrong and more colorful, but rooted in truth. On which statement do you disagree?

I'll probably need a re-read. Do you perchance know the chapters where the grey plague is mentioned?

ADWD chap 18 Tyrion. The Oldtown epidemic.

Furthermore, Astapor comes close, even if it wasn't officially a truce.

Astapor doesn't count since they were not at war until after the transaction. Although, it was a form of treachery.

Because King Tommen is so knowledgeable and fit to rule? :rolleyes:

:lmao: :rolleyes:

Tommen is controlled entirely by his mother and the council, at this time he has no real power. Plus he is being groomed to accept advice and many decisions from his council when he comes of age as an extremely important part of ruling. Dany would obviously have no such intention, and if anyone gave her good advice she would likely disregard it and do whatever she wanted anyways.

Come at me with something better than that. You won't be able to though.

Being groomed to accept advice and being controlled and made to do the will of others are not the same thing. Tommen seems like a good kid who could possibly be a good king, but so far he's been groomed to be worn like a glove, not rule. That is not an argument for Dany, just against the notion that Tommen has somehow been groomed to be a good king.

Agreed. fAegon will unite Stormlands, Dorne and the Reach. He will be annointed by the HS and Illyrio will supply foods and provisions from Essos to win the heart of the people. People will love him. This is foreshadowed in the HotU vision like this: "A cloth dragon swayed on poles amidst a cheering crowd."

And as you said, people will simply avoid facing the hard truth that the story of the Pisswater Prince is a big fat lie.

Before Dany comes to Westeros, she will sack and conquer Volantis and possibly Pentos too. Team Blackfyre will be in a big trouble when the word of the fall of Volantis reaches them. They will fear that Dany will antagonize them so they will start their campaign against her by spreading rumors about her secretly.

When Dany takes Pentos, Team Blackfyre will practically be at war with Dany but they will avoid being the first side to declare war. When Dany lands on the Vale, fAegon will request her obedience and demand her to come and bend knee to him. Dany will refuse and declare that he is false. This way, Dany will be seen as the one who betrays the rightful king.

My guess is that Volantis will erupt in bloody revolution. Thousands of refugees will be pouring into the Free Cities, as Dany's armies and navies move West. This will further dismay Westerosi public opinion.

Nope. I meant embellished truth, as in the details being a tad wrong and more colorful, but rooted in truth. On which statement do you disagree?

I'll probably need a re-read. Do you perchance know the chapters where the grey plague is mentioned?

"They say she is a sorceress who feeds her dragons on the flesh of newborn babes"

That isn't embellished truth, It's propaganda designed to spread a false message, that she feeds children to her dragons.

Archived