Season 5 casting - v. 4 [Spoilers]

Arkash

I think GRRM is blowing Wyllas's importance way out of proportion. Certainly nothing that can't be taken over by Loras, Mace or Olenna. And on that note- could Mace take Kevan's place all the way to the end (as in, die)? Obviously it depends on TWOW and ADOS but I think it would be the right move to make if they decide to cut Kevan out of it (which they shouldn't!).

I think it does indicate that Euron and his march towards old town is going to be very important in winds. The reason Sam was sent there by George was probably to be a pov to the battle for old town between the tyrells and Euron. I have a feeling Loras will take his brothers role In the fight.

I think GRRM is blowing Wyllas's importance way out of proportion. Certainly nothing that can't be taken over by Loras, Mace or Olenna. And on that note- could Mace take Kevan's place all the way to the end (as in, die)? Obviously it depends on TWOW and ADOS but I think it would be the right move to make if they decide to cut Kevan out of it (which they shouldn't!).

I think fans are blowing Willas' importance out of proportion rather than GRRM...this.is why he keeps quiet people! :lol:

Sansa has the same chances, if not more, than Daenerys.

If you are a character's fan you should certainly hope that she is not the younger and more beautiful queen. Martin himself said that several will sit the IT before the end so the one to replace Cersei is doomed and will be replaced herself.

If you are a character's fan you should certainly hope that she is not the younger and more beautiful queen. Martin himself said that several will sit the IT before the end so the one to replace Cersei is doomed and will be replaced herself.

I've always considered the younger and more beautiful queen the ending of Cersei, but, at the end. I'm pretty sure the YAMBQ will be final.

Well, the prophecy never said this "another, younger and more beautiful" queen would sit on the IT, just that this person would come to cast Cersei down and take everything she holds dear... whatever that may mean. Prophecies are usually vague and tend to mean something different than expected.

Is it confirmed that Willas Tyrell is cut? He havent appeared in the books so he can appear later in the show cant he?

He's been cut, because it's been mentioned that Loras is the heir to Highgarden, and Margaery is next in line, i.e. they have no brothers.

Seeing as Loras appears to be basically dead in the books (unless you buy into the Tyrell conspiracy theories, which I don't), I imagine he can continue to do whatever Willas does (assuming that stuff doesn't get shelved in the plot restructuring that is clearly going to have to happen to adapt the final two seasons).

I think its more likely that Olenna will take over Willas' role in the show since they've built her up so much in that regard already.

If Willas is going to have a diplomatic role (which is likely since, as a cripple, he is unlikely to be a warrior), Olenna does seem like the more likely candidate to replace him than Loras. OTOH, if his role is connected to his status as heir, then it will be Loras. It all depends on what exactly his role is going to be.

Whatever problem Willas's future role in the books poses for the show, I imagine it will be much easier to write around than GrrM thinks.

^Almost certainly. How many times has he mentioned the death of Mago as a huge change? If D&D know the end point, their path will certainly be different, but I trust they'll get there all the same.

^Almost certainly. How many times has he mentioned the death of Mago as a huge change? If D&D know the end point, their path will certainly be different, but I trust they'll get there all the same.

Yes, Mago, whose characterization was basically 'Angry Sexist Dothraki Guy no. 2" and who can easily be replaced by any other of the angry sexist Dothraki guys from Drogo's former khalasar.

In the books Olenna doesn't leave until after Tommen and Margaery are married right? It could be as easy as her attending the wedding. Doesn't really make sense for her to skip her granddaughter's marriage to the king in the first place.

In the books Cersei is obsessed with not letting the Tyrells get any power, perhaps with the very low key nature that Mace Tyrell has had in the show they are trying to transfer some of that to Olenna instead. Would make sense given the way they have handled the two thus far. Only thing that wouldn't is why Olenna said she was leaving King's Landing in the first place.

Annara Snow, they could even bring back "Angry Sexist Dothraki Guy no. 1" whose face Jorah hit with a sword. That was supposed to have killed him clearly, but they could retcon that he's alive simply by showing him with a nasty scar where he was struck.

On the topic of an old character, I have just now learned (a few months late) that Wilko Johnson's (Ilyn Payne) cancer turned out not to be terminal, as was thought, and he had crazy major surgery to remove the tumor and several affected organs (http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jun/03/wilko-johnson-released-hospital-emergency-pancreatic-cancer-operation). Sounds like a long recovery so there's likely not a great chance of seeing him in season 5, but I would love to see him even just in the background of any remaining season, even if it's just a shout out like "Hey this dude is alive and BEAT CANCER PEOPLE." Not sure if the character has anything else major to do, but on a real-life-humanity level it'd be really cool.

I thought Willas and Garlan would fall victim to Euron's plans. Euron would eventually take Highgarden, while Mace/Tarly were waiting on Margo's trial in KL, and potentially going up against/bending the knee to Faegon. Olenna could be in Highgarden when Euron passes by. He doesn't need to kill her, just cut her tongue out and use her as a raven/messenger to notify Papa Tyrell that his sons are dead, and that the storm has claimed Highgarden. Would love to see this in the book, and/or show.

In the books Olenna doesn't leave until after Tommen and Margaery are married right? It could be as easy as her attending the wedding. Doesn't really make sense for her to skip her granddaughter's marriage to the king in the first place.

In the books Cersei is obsessed with not letting the Tyrells get any power, perhaps with the very low key nature that Mace Tyrell has had in the show they are trying to transfer some of that to Olenna instead. Would make sense given the way they have handled the two thus far. Only thing that wouldn't is why Olenna said she was leaving King's Landing in the first place.

Having Mace take a more assertive role now that Tywin is gone would be nice too. He won't be fetching quills and parchment for anyone now, that's for sure. (Except maybe for Olenna)

Archived