Benjanun Sriduangkaew and RotyH

Nearly Headless Ned

Well this is a quite extensive look at what went on (and may still be going on, according to a reference I saw in that blog).

I have seen evidence with my own eyes of an email she wrote to a former supporter, in which she admits that even “Benjanun Sriduangkaew” is yet another constructed identity. Frankly, I don’t know who the person behind these many constructed identities is, or if it’s even really just one person.

As a cleanser you may want to read a discussion / testimony by SFF writers, editors, readers, etc on why they love the genre and the community, using the hashtag #requireslove. Here's the storify for that.

Oh good, more bedtime reading.

On a kind sorta related note, i was flipping through a random short story collection today and saw her name in it, and actually laughed so hard people were giving me looks. The author blurb was something like "Benjanun loves space opera and writing about space opera! omg sff is so coolz".

Oh good, more bedtime reading. On a kind sorta related note, i was flipping through a random short story collection today and saw her name in it, and actually laughed so hard people were giving me looks. The author blurb was something like "Benjanun loves space opera and writing about space opera! omg sff is so coolz".

Not just a sociopath, but a psychopath, according to that incredibly detailed breakdown. Thanks for the link.

EDIT: holy crap, just checking the first comment link shows this ... person ... has not in any way changed her methods from adopting the faux-twee persona. Amazing. It's like detailing a virus at work.

I just spent an over an hour reading through SpaceChamp's link, and attending links.

[rubs eyes]

I've been an on again off again member of this community for well over a decade. I've seen trolls come and go. Some of them, quite, epic. Hell, I myself have been known to work up the occasional loogey of exceptional bile... but I've neither seen [or read] of anyone like this. I mean, it's not so much the rage [and yes, I saw enough to convince me that some of it was staged] it's the sheer and calculated vendetta behind BS' attacks. Months. Years! Multiple platforms. The energy expenditure alone, not discounting the toll on others, I'm still shaking my head here.

My stance has changed. I no longer feel pity for BS, as an individual-- and I'll probably raise a glass and consider it justice served if her career goes the way of a mustard burp. Momentarily tangy, reminiscent of irony, then forgotten in the wind.

Edit: interesting, the law in the uk is involved now it seems.

I know some adherents of the US form of freedom-of-speech will disagree, but I do like that the UK police are ready, willing and able to react to online hate-speech. Though unless she secretly lives in the UK it seems unlikely they'll be able to do much more to Sriduangkaew than prevent her from entering the country should she want to, right?

Archived