Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5/S 6 speculation continued [book and show spoilers]

kissdbyfire

Undoubtedly!  Hey, I really feel for D&D! (not really)  They were fully prepared to skip all this unnecessary stuff like the Riverlands, Northern Lords, etc. and barrel into the ending of their own making in 7 seasons.  Then they were so inconsiderately informed through the media that they have to make 8 seasons and now have to go back and put some of those things in again.  So, now on re-watch we can all just swap seasons 5 and 6 around and...aww, who am I kidding?  It still won't make any sense and...I won't be re-watching anyway...  

Maybe the one who decided to make it into 8 seasons was a book snob... :/

Well, at east he appears to recognize that there is a lot more material to milk and that the story doesn't actually end with the Red Wedding;)

I honestly think they never read past ASoS when they got the hots for making this into an HBO series. And they didn't care: BOOBS'N'DRAGONS! 

We're going to see a brothel in White Harbor.

I bet we will and this time we will get "tight" shots of girls walking around in assless... scale-less?... mermaid tails. If it goes as I think it will, Batfinger will have to swing by White Harbor to rally Manderly to his cause and wherever Peter goes, brothels and buggery just pop up spontaneously. He does this because he's pissed at Carol for calling him all the way to KL just to ask one question she could have asked by raven and then saying, "that is all."

I bet we will and this time we will get "tight" shots of girls walking around in assless... scale-less?... mermaid tails. If it goes as I think it will, Batfinger will have to swing by White Harbor to rally Manderly to his cause and wherever Peter goes, brothels and buggery just pop up spontaneously. He does this because he's pissed at Carol for calling him all the way to KL just to ask one question she could have asked by raven and then saying, "that is all."

Yeah!  Jet pack fuel is expensive, amirite?!!

What's the point of Manderly now? Also, all these spoilers make me believe they've decided to extend the story. Otherwise, why cast Manderly now? Now that the last Stark heiress was raped in a wedding in which the daughter of the kennel's master gets a front-row seat? Where was Manderly? Probably where every character from the show goes, wherever whores go. 

I was just thinking the same thing. White dresses with rear windows. Mermaid tails, that's even better! :lol:

It is actually really sad they are only including the Northern Lords now.

This decision actually makes several characters bad than in the books. It makes Jon really look (politically) incompetent. While the Starks are not really good a the Southern Game, they know how to govern and to influence their Northern Lords. Jon gave Stannis the advice to get some men from the clans. But now ... Jon knew nothing of course. In the same way of course, they excluded all the politics/intrigue at the Wall and replaced it with BATTLE, skeletons and people who forget fire is an important weapon. 

We all know what happened with Stannis storyline. And it is indeed weird Stannis and the "rebellion of the North" are going to be treated apart (I want my WoW! I want to know if there are conspiracies and how big they are ^_^).

Actually the Boltons are also treated weirdly. The Northern Lords were not asked to be witnesses to the wedding of Fansa and Ramsay. IIRC The summons to the wedding were very important to establish their position as leader of Winterfell. Actually it also weird if you consider fArya was "given" to the Boltons so they could establish their position in the name of the Lannisters. Now they are actually making the Lannisters their enemy by the marriage between Fansa and Ramsay. This dynamic is completely changed. 

It hurts (my beloved) Northern Lords. They  Ned's girl marry Ramsay without any objection/fight. For several Northern Lords the wish to rescue Ned's daughter is essential to them. When Stannis' men are wondering what the hell are they doing in the North, the clans  refer several times they are going to fight the Boltons to save Ned's girl. 

"Even prisoners have ears, and she had heard all the talk at Deepwood Motte, when King Stannis and his captains were debating this march. Ser Justin had opposed it from the start, along with many of the knights and lords who had come with Stannis from the south. But the wolves insisted; Roose Bolton could not be suffered to hold Winterfell, and the Ned's girl must be rescued from the clutches of his bastard. So said Morgan Liddle, Brandon Norrey, Big Bucket Wull, the Flints, even the She-Bear. "One hundred leagues from Deepwood Motte to Winterfell," said Artos Flint, the night the argument boiled to a head in Galbart Glover's longhall. "Three hundred miles as the raven flies."
(...)
This march was madness. More dying every day, and for what? Some girl?"
"Ned's girl," said Morgan Liddle. He was the second of three sons, so the other wolves called him Middle Liddle, though not often in his hearing. It was Morgan who had almost slain Asha in the fight by Deepwood Motte. He had come to her later, on the march, to beg her pardon … for calling her cunt in his battle lust, not for trying to split her head open with an axe.
"Ned's girl," echoed Big Bucket Wull. "And we should have had her and the castle both if you prancing southron jackanapes didn't piss your satin breeches at a little snow."
"Winter is almost upon us, boy. And winter is death. I would sooner my men die fighting for the Ned's little girl than alone and hungry in the snow, weeping tears that freeze upon their cheeks. No one sings songs of men who die like that. As for me, I am old. This will be my last winter. Let me bathe in Bolton blood before I die. I want to feel it spatter across my face when my axe bites deep into a Bolton skull. I want to lick it off my lips and die with the taste of it on my tongue."

The maltreatment of her leads to unrest in Winterfell

"Not me," the Lady of Barrowton confessed, "but the rest, yes. Old Whoresbane is only here because the Freys hold the Greatjon captive. And do you imagine the Hornwood men have forgotten the Bastard's last marriage, and how his lady wife was left to starve, chewing her own fingers? What do you think passes through their heads when they hear the new bride weeping? Valiant Ned's precious little girl."

And in the show Ned's girl is not important to them and not important to fight for. :angry2: The only way they would have not destroyed them for me, is if they show the Northern Lords were already planning to free Ned's girl. It looks like in the show the Northern Lords only had some problem with to pay taxes to the Boltons. 

(In my honeypotting theory a Northern army with lord Cerwyn Junior as its leader aided Stannis in the fight against Ramsay and his 20 good men. Sadly, that did not happen)

After their complete failure of the Northern Storyline in last season, I will only happy with the Northern Storyline in season 6 if I have a White Harbor (without any brothel) the city and the merman's court, Robett Glover (they probably do not even remember him), Lady Dustin, the two Umber uncle with the correct "nicknames, Manderly , Frey pies, the Wull, Morgan Liddle, a She-Bear, one of the amazing little Northern Ladies, Alys Karstark and did I forget someone important?   

And if Howland appears in WoW, I want him also in season 6. And I want also want that Ramsay dies very stupid like falling of the stairs or something like that and I also do not want to see Batfinger in the North anymore. 

I was just thinking the same thing. White dresses with rear windows. Mermaid tails, that's even better! :lol:

I can see it now: The White Harbor Oceanside Cabaret. Outside of the establishment they will have a sign that reads: "Our featured 'exotic dancer' of the week: Sansa Stark." Ugh.

I am getting sick of the idea to see only of White Harbor a brothel, while it would be beautiful to see the Merman's, the Castle Stair, all those cobbled streets, white-stoned houses, the Wolf's den with the godswood, the harbor, ... 

I can see it now: The White Harbor Oceanside Cabaret. Outside of the establishment they will have a sign that reads: "Our featured 'exotic dancer' of the week: Sansa Stark." Ugh.

Oh yeah, totally. Her new white costume has feathers. She strangled the white ravens this time, now that winter has come.

I am getting sick of the idea to see only of White Harbor a brothel, while it would be beautiful to see the Merman's, the Castle Stair, all those cobbled streets, white-stoned houses, the Wolf's den with the godswood, the harbor, ... 

Totally with you. But the book story train left the station. None of this has anything to do with the books anymore, it's that thing they talked about before, what if character X met character Y, and went here, instead of there, wouldn't that be cool? No, not really.

Oh yeah, totally. Her new white costume has feathers. She strangled the white ravens this time, now that winter has come.

Actual depiction of Sansa's storyline in season 6. 

But seriously, do they not get how offensive it is to add the Northern Lords just now? What were they doing last year, when the Old Servant Lady represented the entirety of the North? Not to mention how apparently Fansa's going to be a BAMF now that she's empowered, so much that she'll be leading armies into the siege of Winterfell. Sad not all of us can get a rape=empowerment narrative.

Seriously, if Wylla was portrayed, I would fear for her.

"Avenge them. You will take Walder Frey and make him yours." 

I don't think I'm seeing the same forum everyone else is, because it feels confusing to me. But then, I fear change lol

It is actually really sad they are only including the Northern Lords now.

This decision actually makes several characters bad than in the books. It makes Jon really look (politically) incompetent. While the Starks are not really good a the Southern Game, they know how to govern and to influence their Northern Lords. Jon gave Stannis the advice to get some men from the clans. But now ... Jon knew nothing of course. In the same way of course, they excluded all the politics/intrigue at the Wall and replaced it with BATTLE, skeletons and people who forget fire is an important weapon. 

We all know what happened with Stannis storyline. And it is indeed weird Stannis and the "rebellion of the North" are going to be treated apart (I want my WoW! I want to know if there are conspiracies and how big they are ^_^).

Actually the Boltons are also treated weirdly. The Northern Lords were not asked to be witnesses to the wedding of Fansa and Ramsay. IIRC The summons to the wedding were very important to establish their position as leader of Winterfell. Actually it also weird if you consider fArya was "given" to the Boltons so they could establish their position in the name of the Lannisters. Now they are actually making the Lannisters their enemy by the marriage between Fansa and Ramsay. This dynamic is completely changed. 

It hurts (my beloved) Northern Lords. They  Ned's girl marry Ramsay without any objection/fight. For several Northern Lords the wish to rescue Ned's daughter is essential to them. When Stannis' men are wondering what the hell are they doing in the North, the clans  refer several times they are going to fight the Boltons to save Ned's girl. 

The maltreatment of her leads to unrest in Winterfell

And in the show Ned's girl is not important to them and not important to fight for. :angry2: The only way they would have not destroyed them for me, is if they show the Northern Lords were already planning to free Ned's girl. It looks like in the show the Northern Lords only had some problem with to pay taxes to the Boltons. 

(In my honeypotting theory a Northern army with lord Cerwyn Junior as its leader aided Stannis in the fight against Ramsay and his 20 good men. Sadly, that did not happen)

After their complete failure of the Northern Storyline in last season, I will only happy with the Northern Storyline in season 6 if I have a White Harbor (without any brothel) the city and the merman's court, Robett Glover (they probably do not even remember him), Lady Dustin, the two Umber uncle with the correct "nicknames, Manderly , Frey pies, the Wull, Morgan Liddle, a She-Bear, one of the amazing little Northern Ladies, Alys Karstark and did I forget someone important?   

And if Howland appears in WoW, I want him also in season 6. And I want also want that Ramsay dies very stupid like falling of the stairs or something like that and I also do not want to see Batfinger in the North anymore. 

I am with you. Agree with everything. And the lack of Northern lords in 5 only made Sansa's wedding night and her bedroom imprisonment feel more pointless and gratuitous.

Nothing about Season 5 made any sense.

Actual depiction of Sansa's storyline in season 6. 

But seriously, do they not get how offensive it is to add the Northern Lords just now? What were they doing last year, when the Old Servant Lady represented the entirety of the North? Not to mention how apparently Fansa's going to be a BAMF now that she's empowered, so much that she'll be leading armies into the siege of Winterfell. Sad not all of us can get a rape=empowerment narrative.

Seriously. From telling poop jokes to smirking in a fug dress to a sheep to slaughter... this isn't a story, this isn't even a person. No sign of life inside that empty shell. Female Unit #7, FU7 for short.

This board is making me crazy!!!!! I better return when it's all functional... (I'll be out until Monday, anyway, heh... I'll be "brichering" (yeah, that's a word you don't know) but without the sex)

On topic, my main problem with the actual Northern storyline is that it feels completely absurd to simply insert a plot that should have been used last year just now. Like "oops! we forgot! but here is now". It's like apologising for something you did last year. You accept it but it doesn't feel right.

And yes, as you say, what will be the explanation for their absence in the wedding? They were "protesting" it? come on. Honestly, I'd rather having them say there was a blizzard.

Archived