TTTNE 462 - Rebels Against the Mods

ab aeterno

Greetings Asslings* :kiss: 

Been busy busy busy. Contract got extended again, and they have (verbal) permission to keep me until the HUGE system update (which will make me mostly redundant, but I want to actually manage one of the deals.  that would be cool, but they'd need a lot more deals for that to happen) No clue exactly how long that will be though

Shed a few tears last night.  My baby is no more.  Alex has grown over 2"(5cm) in less than 6 months, he now weighs over 100 pounds (45kg) (I was 17 before I weighed that much, even though I was taller than he is now). And last night we took him to high school to sign up for classes for next year :bawl:  How did he get so big? How did he get so old?  I am going to seriously miss have a little one around (I really need to stop treating him like he is a little one, and that is so hard!)

Hope everyone is doing well :grouphug:

*Asslings is my new favorite term of endearment.  All of my board friends are now Asslings :D  (it is from "The Last Kingdom" (in the books it is "erseling" but I like the sound of Assling (show) better))

On ‎10‎-‎2‎-‎2016 at 2:06 PM, Eyron said:

Hey FoMN! I'm so glad to hear you told your friends. Congrats!

Thanks :) Though technically only one knows at this point. But I imagine the other will hear it soon.

18 hours ago, felice said:

Yes, it's well worth watching - but bear in mind that they don't have a plan, and a lot of people find the end a bit disappointing.

This is a useful heads-up, yeah.

17 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

At it's worst, it's definitely fairly disappointing (mostly the ending,) but at it's best it's absolutely brilliant. IMO Edward James Olmos' performance is the best I've ever seen on TV.

The ending is imperfect but it wasn't disappointing to me. For me, looking back, the weakest part was some plotlines

Spoiler

Those being the some of the Kara stuff in S4, and the relationship between Tigh and Nr. 6 in the same season, which made hardly any sense at all. Also some of the one-off episodes weren't that strong (Black Market!). It's still great overall though. I'm in the New Caprica arc on my rewatch. So. Fucking. Good.

5 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Excluding Ian McShane in Deadwood, I'm inclined to agree.

Hard, but yeah, I'd say McShane is *barely* better. Both are awesome though.

:lol: Buckwheat, the difference between hard-working and lazy students lies in this: hard working students may almost forget to go to their French lesson and feel stupid. Lazy students forget to go to their French lesson on purpose or don't have one in the first place. 

I should kick some life back into myself... At least I have to go to school tomorrow so I'll have to get out of bed and not concentrate on how crappy I feel. 

Sister's New Girls' Survival Guide - How to Be Accepted by Your Peers in a New School? 

1. Be less pretty than Sister. 

2. Be less smart than Sister. 

3. Be less confident than Sister. 

4. Do not make friends with Sister's enemies. 

5. Do not make friends with Sister's suitors. (Except for the ones she wishes to get rid of, which is fifty points to Gryffindor)

+1. Wear Pink on Wednesdays. 

11 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

There should be a show with Edward James Olmos, Ian McShane, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen. That's it. The entire plot, the entire premise is just Olmos, McShane, Stewart and McKellen. Sit back and watch the magic.

6 hours ago, Lany Freelove Strangeways said:

Been busy busy busy. Contract got extended again, and they have (verbal) permission to keep me until the HUGE system update (which will make me mostly redundant, but I want to actually manage one of the deals.  that would be cool, but they'd need a lot more deals for that to happen) No clue exactly how long that will be though

Shed a few tears last night.  My baby is no more.  Alex has grown over 2"(5cm) in less than 6 months, he now weighs over 100 pounds (45kg) (I was 17 before I weighed that much, even though I was taller than he is now). And last night we took him to high school to sign up for classes for next year :bawl:  How did he get so big? How did he get so old?  I am going to seriously miss have a little one around (I really need to stop treating him like he is a little one, and that is so hard!)

*Asslings is my new favorite term of endearment.  All of my board friends are now Asslings :D  (it is from "The Last Kingdom" (in the books it is "erseling" but I like the sound of Assling (show) better))

*arseling. As in something which comes out of your derrière :P 

I thought it was arseling on the show too? Will need to rewatch a scene now! I guess ass,int makes sense though, you being American :) 

It is spooky how quickly the years go by. Some people who are...not a lot younger than me, but maybe 6-7 years, enough that I remember them as babies...it is hard for me to realise they are now hitting 15/16. I keep thinking they are 12 or something at most.

My Mam was the youngest daughter, and her Mam says she will always be her baby 

14 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

There should be a show with Edward James Olmos, Ian McShane, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen. That's it. The entire plot, the entire premise is just Olmos, McShane, Stewart and McKellen. Sit back and watch the magic.

I'd definitely watch it, I'd also love another one with David Duchovny, Julian McMahon and Jeremy Piven as their respective best characters, but I'm not saying it would be near the same level of brilliance-just very amusing.

On 11. 2. 2016 at 3:01 PM, Lany Freelove Strangeways said:

Well, congratulations for the time being! :)

Time goes too quickly, right! My baby cousin is 13 now, and this is also so weird ...

18 hours ago, BB-Rhae said:

:lol: Buckwheat, the difference between hard-working and lazy students lies in this: hard working students may almost forget to go to their French lesson and feel stupid. Lazy students forget to go to their French lesson on purpose or don't have one in the first place. 

I should kick some life back into myself... At least I have to go to school tomorrow so I'll have to get out of bed and not concentrate on how crappy I feel. 

Sister's New Girls' Survival Guide - How to Be Accepted by Your Peers in a New School? 

5. Do not make friends with Sister's suitors. (Except for the ones she wishes to get rid of, which is fifty points to Gryffindor)

:lol: You and sister do not go to the same school, I hope?

18 hours ago, BB-Rhae said:

This plan does not seem helpful, or pragmatic to your cause, the correct action, of course would be to destroy your sister and  seize the mantle of dark lord of the sisters, or, maybe we just do things differently?.

18 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

*arseling. As in something which comes out of your derrière :P 

I thought it was arseling on the show too? Will need to rewatch a scene now! I guess ass,int makes sense though, you being American :) 

It is spooky how quickly the years go by. Some people who are...not a lot younger than me, but maybe 6-7 years, enough that I remember them as babies...it is hard for me to realise they are now hitting 15/16. I keep thinking they are 12 or something at most.

My Mam was the youngest daughter, and her Mam says she will always be her baby 

52 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Time goes too quickly, right! My baby cousin is 13 now, and this is also so weird ...

Thanks, and yes it does!

Hope everyone is having a lovely Friday. :kiss:

Mine has not gotten off to the best start.

warning: rant

Had to see a new doctor this morning which already had me upset.  I liked the doctor I had been seeing for the past 7 years!

He was LATE! which of course means I was late getting to work and will have to stay late tonight to make it up.

I had to do a drug test to make sure I am actually taking my meds and not selling them.  THAT REALLY PISSED ME OFF!

He poked and prodded, did change my GERD meds, but says it could be my gall bladder (of course, over weight woman, it MUST be gall bladder! I told him I have a Barret's  Esophagus (which causes my GERD.) have to get an ultrasound of the entire abdomen. But the gall bladder did not hurt while he was poking and prodding, but lower left side did.  "that's unexpected." fuck, that was nice to hear him say. so a colonoscopy is also needed.

And then to top it all off, when I get out to my car, it won't start!  Just got a new battery on Saturday!  well, stupid ass kid didn't tighten down the connector and it was completely off!  I pushed it down, but didn't have anything to tighten it with. will have to check it before I drive home. Good thing it didn't come off all the way while I driving on the highway at 70 MPH

I need chocolate!

Speaking of feeling old! They just told on the news that a 15-year-old girl is going to take part in a world cup competition (in skijumping). That is almost 10 years younger than me. :o

But then, I just talked to my grandmother earlier, and she said I should not feel like that because I am young. :P

Lany, sorry about the troublesome day. :grouphug:

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

:lol: You and sister do not go to the same school, I hope?

My baby sister will celebrate her sweet sixteen in spring. I remember the time when she was a wee toddler and I sat her among my dolls. 

No, sister goes to a fancy high school. It's even in a different town. 

6 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

This plan does not seem helpful, or pragmatic to your cause, the correct action, of course would be to destroy your sister and  seize the mantle of dark lord of the sisters, or, maybe we just do things differently?.

Destroy? My sweet summer child, sister is invincible. The force is so strong with that one, she will soon kill her master and take over as ultimate ruler of the Galaxy. 

50 minutes ago, Eyron said:

Yikes, Lany. I hope for better luck your way *hugs*

Rhae, I don't understand the Guide. Is that her guide for you, so that she gets accepted, or...? *scratches brain*

That she gets accepted? Bah. Sister doesn't get accepted. Sister accepts. If she is in the right mood. And had a good hair day. And the new girl coming to her class on Monday is not better looking than her. And is less intelligent. And less extroverted. If all that happens, she might even be kind to the new girl. And if she is, her crew will follow and they shall be kind and welcoming. But if the new girl does something sister doesn't like... 

Update on this: the new girl visited school today and she was sort of okay, so sister made the decision that they will be kind to her. 

Lany, those doc issues suck. :grouphug: Hope everything will be fine and this new doc grows some manners. 

Ooh now I see, Rhae. Well the force was always strong with your sis xD she's a menace in her own right. (Take that as a compliment!)

I was always lucky to not have to be the new girl at school. And never extroverted enough to be a threat anyway. Girls who gave me the evil eye mostly realised I was not taking part in any of their made up competitions and left me alone soon enough. 

Lord S that girl seems like good apprentice material don't you think?

7 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Speaking of feeling old! They just told on the news that a 15-year-old girl is going to take part in a world cup competition (in skijumping). That is almost 10 years younger than me. :o

But then, I just talked to my grandmother earlier, and she said I should not feel like that because I am young. :P

Lany, sorry about the troublesome day. :grouphug:

Perspective is always a good thing :) 

Thanks for the hug

5 hours ago, Eyron said:

Yikes, Lany. I hope for better luck your way *hugs*

Thanks the rest of my day passed nice and quietly

4 hours ago, BB-Rhae said:

Lany, those doc issues suck. :grouphug: Hope everything will be fine and this new doc grows some manners. 

On 2/11/2016 at 4:14 AM, Lord Sidious said:

i am convinced tv was invented all those yrs ago just for this scene

On 2/11/2016 at 8:50 AM, Lady Olenna said:

Ian Mcshane as Swedgin was the absolute best. Walton Goggins as Boyd Crowder comes close. 

and the gods said let there be swedgin...and it was good

On 2/11/2016 at 9:01 AM, Lany Freelove Strangeways said:

karate Princess turned 13 last week, got a cell phone and next saturday a black belt in karate...already more than halfway through 7th grade...

why do i feel like she is aging faster than me... :huh:

10 hours ago, Lany Freelove Strangeways said:

Thanks, and yes it does!

Hope everyone is having a lovely Friday. :kiss:

Mine has not gotten off to the best start.

warning: rant

Hidden Content

I need chocolate!

ok well can't bold in the hidden area...damnit....

this comment is about the battery...once vehicle is running electrical is coming from alternator not battery, battery just acts as capacitor... so car would not immediately cease to function like normal because technically you can disconnect battery and engine will still run but this can seriously damage electronic components like onboard computer and ignition...

i believe i would have to go back to knuckle head who made this mistake and kick his assling... 

:smoking:

<_< Friend and I agreed yesterday to meet today. I even sent her my phone number again because I know she always changes her phone and is kind of unreliable and might not have it again.
 Buses on a Saturday are horrible from my town to the city, so I have to plan ahead when I want to be somewhere.

Then she sends me a message on fb some time during the night that she cannot make it and hopes I see this message as she does not have my phone number. Which I sent her yesterday two messages above. *grinds teeth like Stannis*

I adore her, but people changing already made plans annoy me so so so much. We have enough trouble arranging to meet as it is (she is only in the country till Sunday), cannot she at least hold on to what we agreed?

14 hours ago, BB-Rhae said:

That she gets accepted? Bah. Sister doesn't get accepted. Sister accepts. If she is in the right mood. And had a good hair day. And the new girl coming to her class on Monday is not better looking than her. And is less intelligent. And less extroverted. If all that happens, she might even be kind to the new girl. And if she is, her crew will follow and they shall be kind and welcoming. But if the new girl does something sister doesn't like... 

Update on this: the new girl visited school today and she was sort of okay, so sister made the decision that they will be kind to her. 

Does sister have bullying tendencies? :( You be a good sister and give her the example of not doing it. Poor new girl!

13 hours ago, Eyron said:

Ooh now I see, Rhae. Well the force was always strong with your sis xD she's a menace in her own right. (Take that as a compliment!)

I was always lucky to not have to be the new girl at school. And never extroverted enough to be a threat anyway. Girls who gave me the evil eye mostly realised I was not taking part in any of their made up competitions and left me alone soon enough. 

I never was a new girl at school, but was picked on anyway. And I did not exhibit any competitive behaviour either. I do not think this is any protection ...

Putting together a 1000-pieces puzzle now. It is getting boring.

It has been snowing yesterday and during the night. I need to go take a walk in the snow.

Archived