Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

24 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Well, see it might turn out that GOT was inspired by the Star Trek's Mirror, Mirror episode, where everything was kind of opposite (like bad Kirk and bad Spock).
So, like in ASOIAF:
Ramsay is an idiot who isn't a good fighter.
But, in GOT,
Ramsay is a genius who is a first rate fighter.
In Asoiaf,
Sansa isn't a fighter or a general.
But,  in GOT,
She is a Xena Warrior Princess in the making.
In ASOIAF,
LF is a pretty sharp guy,
But in GOT,
He is kind of an idiot.
In ASOIAF,
Cersei is a power hungry idiot who hates her own gender.
But in GOT,
She is working mom trying to make a living while fighting the patriarchy.
In ASOIAF,
Brienne, while a greater fighter, is still a good person.
In GOT,
It's Brienne Smash!!
And others I forgot.
So, that's the explanation for Marg's dress, maybe.

That's true. It's Mirror, Mirror. But I'd rather watch that for the hundredth time than this! :lol: 

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

I didn't mean to refute your point, just saying if they did want us to think they were lords, they should have called that out. I do think they hint at things, I have seen them do this a lot, what I'm saying is, they could very well go back on it, and say they weren't there. Or they could make a big deal of it and say, see, they were there.

You know, if those are actually lords, then, by now, they must have sent ravens to the other lords that could not attend, attesting to what they whitnessed. The real Sansa took Ramsay as her husband willingly and the deed is done. This makes her a known traitor to her family in the show universe. How is she going to explain this without implicating Littlefinger as her jailer and pimp? This should set the table for when LF shows up with the Vale army, trying to be the Hero that the Northerners would want him dead for selling out Sansa. This may be her only way to avoid Northern resentment, telling them what LF did to her.

I still cannot get passed the fact that they, admitted to looking at her when the actress was 14 about to turn 15 when writing season 2 and wanted to make her take Jeyne Poole's role and be raped by Ramsay. Also, that was probably the reason why they eventually cast Iwan as Ramsay too, to eventually play off of Sansa as well as Theon. Sick if you ask me, sick.

5 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I still cannot get passed the fact that they, admitted to looking at her when the actress was 14 about to turn 15 when writing season 2 and wanted to make her take Jeyne Poole's role and be raped by Ramsay. Also, that was probably the reason why they eventually cast Iwan as Ramsay too, to eventually play off of Sansa as well as Theon. Sick if you ask me, sick.

No apparently the story was he tried to get the part of Theon but they thought he was too short but they liked him so much they gave him Ramsay. Now bare wth me they thought he was too short for Theon but Ramsay who is taller then Theon they thought was ok

11 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

No apparently the story was he tried to get the part of Theon but they thought he was too short but they liked him so much they gave him Ramsay. Now bare wth me they thought he was too short for Theon but Ramsay who is taller then Theon they thought was ok

It must be his eyes and his smile is similar to a 2 year chrystal meth addict.

6 hours ago, Joan Jett said:

Just listened to a D&D podcast interview (begins 30:50)

[asked about their reactions to controversial things that air]

"That's what we say to people when they get upset, we say 'That was a year ago. It's done, get over it.'"

[Hosts play a game where GOT characters are compared to Presidential candidates, Ramsay is compared to Ted Cruz]

"Ramsay's actually kind of a badass. Like Ramsay fights men.."

The Ramsay fanboyism is real. Like they actually defended his character, unwarranted. 

The ego of these two men...

They answered like authentic, full-blooded fanboys. No wonder fanboys all around the world identify with them.

3 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

You know, if those are actually lords, then, by now, they must have sent ravens to the other lords that could not attend, attesting to what they whitnessed. The real Sansa took Ramsay as her husband willingly and the deed is done. This makes her a known traitor to her family in the show universe. How is she going to explain this without implicating Littlefinger as her jailer and pimp? This should set the table for when LF shows up with the Vale army, trying to be the Hero that the Northerners would want him dead for selling out Sansa. This may be her only way to avoid Northern resentment, telling them what LF did to her.

As has been said by Le Cygne, they will do whatever they want without care of logical consequences. 

If it makes sense to them creatively, they'll do it because they ultimately want certain things to happen. 

I know writing that sounds like a cop-out, but it's literally how this show's major storylines operate. 

3 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Bad Spock had it going on! I confess a weakness for Bad Spock. :leer: 

Bad Margaery, not so much.

I'm a bit irritated about 'Bad Spock'. As far as I can remember his goatee was the only difference to ordinary Spock, that's why he turned on the Empire in the end.

If just a single GoT character would behave like his book counterpart...

6 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

LOL. In the books, Ramsay isn't a good fighter. He is poorly trained. And, he is an idiot. If I recall correctly, Roose makes a rather negative statement about Ramsay's ability to run the North. And Roose corrects Ramsay on few things when Ramsay acts like an idiot.

But, in some people's minds he his a "badass" (there's that word again). Frickin LOL.

Indeed. 

ADwD, Reek III

"Bulls are strong. Bears. I have seen my bastard fight. He is not entirely to blame. Reek was his tutor, the first Reek, and Reek was never trained at arms. Ramsay is ferocious, I will grant you, but he swings that sword like a butcher hacking meat."

6 hours ago, Mikeygigs said:

I appreciate what you're trying to say, but we were given a specific visual cue that these people were important and not just the common rabble. 

Maybe their not the big houses, but I doubt we'll see arguments from the Umbers/Manderlys/whoever like: "how do we know she's even married??" 

If Sansa gets crowned, those who crown her will make up another excuse; Ramsay is a monster, Sansa is the rightful Queen, etc., and completely ignore the legitimacy of the wedding. 

What visual cue? Really. There were some [few] people there; in yet another poorly lit scene. What is the cue that says "these are the northern lords", or even "these are important people"? 

As I said before, nothing was said, and nothing was shown. Other than maybe Myranda pulling an Olly while watching the wedding. 

And again, this is yet another good example of the Ds sloppy, careless, and lazy writing. How fucking hard would it have been to add one, yes, ONE, line of dialogue where Roose tells someone, ANYONE, something like,

"See to it that lords X, Y, and Z have everything they need". 

6 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I think Grrm contradicts the House name thing with the story of Bael the Bard but then again, if it is true, do any of you think that Brandon, the girl's father told the truth about his daughter's baby boy being a bastard by the King beyond the Wall. Most likely, there was a cover story that she married and the husband died from a lower house but legit to sweep it under the rug. Also, House Gardener was the royal family of the Reach, the Kings, above Florent, Redwine and Hightower. The male line died at the Battle of the Redgrass Field from dragonfire. There were daughters that had married into those other houses and the Targs passed over the Florents, who had the greatest claim and upjumped the Highgarden stewards (same house level as Jeyne Poole's fyi) Tyrells. Given that the Boltons were kings that defied the Starks for many centuries, if Sansa, at least on the show, had babies with Ramsay or one baby, the world would know who the father was and it would be a Bolton. Also, if LF gets to marry her, do you think he would want his name erased when his and her heir inherited? Sansa Stark Bolton and their kid, if they have any will be Boltons.

I think it's deliberate, he's said the laws of succession aren't clear, that there are different interpretations and other things that come into play. And I think the surname issue is the same, it will depend on who are the people involved. 

6 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

It was a con. Here are some of the quotes (this was after the Darth Sansa scene aired):

And another source, the context of this is he said Marillion was important to Sansa's story, but they had his tongue pulled out is season 1 to show Joffrey is mean (so even then, they showed their priorities, and Sansa came last):

And a few months later we got the Sansa chapter. Right? Also, interesting that he again talks about the exclusion of the Tyrell brothers.

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

And a few months later we got the Sansa chapter. Right? Also, interesting that he again talks about the exclusion of the Tyrell brothers.

I really miss Garlan and I think Willas would be interesting. (I actually hoped once for a meeting between Bran and Willas so they could talk about being crippled and such. I think it might be helpful for Bran to talk with someone who also lost the use of (one of his) legs and how this meant for a noble man, ...)

Archived