Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

1 hour ago, LazyBazooka said:

I thought they'd open the Greyjoy part with Balon's funeral and the start of the Kingsmoot or something, but nope, Balon is still alive and kicking. What's he been doing this whole time, we sure as hell won't be getting any answers to that. Probably sitting in that chair next to that glorious kraken fireplace, masturbating over how he won the War of the Five Kings without doing anything. I wonder how Balon's gonna kick the bucket. If they do try to adapt his book death on-screen it's gonna look sooo awkward, just him walking along when suddenly...whooops! Tripped and fell off a bridge, clumsy him! Don't forget the 'wah wah wah waaaaah' cartoon sound effect after he lands face first on the ground like they did with Myranda.

That's a little boring though, maybe Euron will make his second appearance (his first will be raping young girls in a village he plunders with his crew) by sneaking up on Balon while he stares into the fireplace (maybe he's started to worship the Red God, because why not?) and stabs him through the throat, then he whispers "bad pussy" in his ears. 

Man they're really going to mess up the mystery of Balon's death by spelling it out so unsubtely

1 minute ago, Alayne's Shadow. said:

Bets that Balon dies in the premiere? Probably in a completely contrived way in order to kick off Thearion's new storyline.

If so, who do you think will do it? The Double D's can't have too many Faceless Men running around. That would be too much like real Westerosi world antics.

2 hours ago, Chebyshov said:

Hee! I too love the series of "am I literally in the same place as ..." and "the power of matching haircuts." Surely even D&D wouldn't recreate the sept scene with Tommen, would they? At that point, I'd prefer he trebuchet a baby :P

I have this idea from that extra who said Larry was helping the Freys fight the Tullys, there's going to be a trebuchet baby.

It will be a series of characters telling Larry what a Lunkhead he is. Carol (you had one job), Bronn (honor St. Tyrion), Brienne the Brute (you lying sack of shit). Larry might get in a rejoinder to Brienne the Brute (you're no better, seen any Stark daughters lately?)

LF, Hero of the North:

On what’s next for Lord Baelish: "Maybe we could expect some kind of atonement."

http://www.sfgate.com/movies/article/You-re-Ugly-Too-bears-Irish-stamp-6821055.php

So that's this guy:

You know, you remind me of another girl, a lovely thing I once acquired from a Lysene pleasure house ... beautiful, like yourself, and intelligent, like yourself. But she wasn't happy. She cried often. I asked her why, but we didn't have the kind of rapport that you and I have. Yes, it was quite sad. Girls from the Lysene pleasure houses are expensive, extremely expensive. And this one wasn't making me any money. I hate bad investments. Really, I ... I do. They haunt me. I had no idea how to make her happy, no idea how to mitigate my losses. A very wealthy patron, he offered me a tremendous amount of money to let him transform this lovely, sad girl. To use her in ways that... Would never occur to most men. And you know what occurs to most men. I would not say he succeeded in making her happy, but my losses were definitely mitigated.

Who then gave Ros to Joffrey. And gave Sansa to Ramsay. No one wants to see faux atonement. They just want to see him die, a horrible death. That's one of the most anticipated deaths among readers, just like Joffrey. And of course, they screw it up. So Jaime is in bed with Cersei and fighting Tullys, but LF is atoning. What is wrong with this picture.

littlefinger-1430138248.gif

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

Who then gave Ros to Joffrey. And gave Sansa to Ramsay. No one wants to see faux atonement. They just want to see him die, a horrible death. That's one of the most anticipated deaths among readers, just like Joffrey. And of course, they screw it up. So Jaime is in bed with Cersei and fighting Tullys, but LF is atoning. What is wrong with this picture.

What the hell? Atonement for the backstabbing pimp who sexually exploits people?

Just now, HairGrowsBack said:

The silver lining is it might encourage George to write faster 

His minions have taking his not a blog over except for some more personal writings on the hugos and football; he delayed his acceptance of a honorary degree until WoW is done; however ... 

4 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

What the hell? Atonement for the backstabbing pimp who sexually exploits people?

His minions have taking his not a blog over except for some more personal writings on the hugos and football; he delayed his acceptance of a honorary degree until WoW is done; however ... 

:D Hilarious.

As for LF : he's basically D&D. He embodies what the writers think of themselves, so of course he cannot be a bad guy ! He will remain this highly intelligent, caustic anti-hero ! He never meant to hurt anyone, he's just a bit ruthless is all, as a MAN should be.

Now if you'll excuse me I'll be throwing up.

On 2/3/2016 at 10:49 PM, Le Cygne said:

Jeyne didn't choose to marry a Bolton because that would have been insanity. It's really sickening that they had Sansa "choose" to marry a Bolton, but that's what they did. She's a traitor. And the North is going to see her that way, in any realistic scenario. Of course, realism is a thing that's cherry picked on the show...

Jeyne did choose to marry a Bolton, but under drastically extenuating circumstances.  The Lannisters had to assure that she was prepared and willing enough not to struggle during the marriage ceremony or to announce that she wasn't really Arya Stark.  I would think, that for the beaten and probably already-raped ("trained" in LF's brothels) young girl, the option to go north and masquerade as Arya Stark and not have to be a prostitute would have sounded like a good idea, or at the very least, the lesser of two evils.  Littlefinger, or whoever persuaded Jeyne impersonate Arya, would hardly have told her that Ramsay Bolton was a vicious serial killer; I'm sure they told her he would protect and care for her as the Stark heiress.  

Jeyne's only options whether to remain an apprentice prostitute with a life of degradation to follow, or to pretend to be Arya Stark and become the future Lady of House Bolton.  TV-Littlefinger gave Sansa the option of turning back to the Vale rather than going on to marry Ramsay Bolton.  I still don't understand why Sansa didn't ask to return to the Vale.  

Jeyne's terrible journey is extremely powerfully written in ADWD; the reader can't help but feel sorry for this poor kid.  I remember how she seemed to have some hope of a better future when she first meets the Boltons; and how that hope wanes into desperation during and after the marriage ceremony.   TV-Sansa's Northern journey in Season 5 is poorly written, unconvincing, and a further ruination of the interesting character she was in the book.

2 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

Jeyne did choose to marry a Bolton, but under drastically extenuating circumstances.  The Lannisters had to assure that she was prepared and willing enough not to struggle during the marriage ceremony or to announce that she wasn't really Arya Stark.  I would think, that for the beaten and probably already-raped ("trained" in LF's brothels) young girl, the option to go north and masquerade as Arya Stark and not have to be a prostitute would have sounded like a good idea, or at the very least, the lesser of two evils.  Littlefinger, or whoever persuaded Jeyne impersonate Arya, would hardly have told her that Ramsay Bolton was a vicious serial killer; I'm sure they told her he would protect and care for her as the Stark heiress.  

Jeyne's only options whether to remain an apprentice prostitute with a life of degradation to follow, or to pretend to be Arya Stark and become the future Lady of House Bolton.  TV-Littlefinger gave Sansa the option of turning back to the Vale rather than going on to marry Ramsay Bolton.  I still don't understand why Sansa didn't ask to return to the Vale.  

Jeyne's terrible journey is extremely powerfully written in ADWD; the reader can't help but feel sorry for this poor kid.  I remember how she seemed to have some hope of a better future when she first meets the Boltons; and how that hope wanes into desperation during and after the marriage ceremony.   TV-Sansa's Northern journey in Season 5 is poorly written, unconvincing, and a further ruination of the interesting character she was in the book.

No. Jeyne had no choice.

10 minutes ago, Ramsay's 20 Good Men said:

No. Jeyne had no choice.

She could have said no.  She could have acquiesced and then shouted out the truth at the marriage ceremony.  The results of the choice would have been pretty grim, though.  She might have been threatened with physical violence to make her go along with it in the first place, but she would still have had enough freedom, once she was about to marry Ramsay, to tell the truth.  However, given the fates that would probably have befallen her if she broke character, I can understand why Jeyne went along with the Lannister/Bolton scheme.  She was in a very similar situation to Sansa when Sansa found out she was going to be married to Tyrion Lannister (in the books).  

Jeyne's situation was a tad worse. She'd be killed, if she said she wasn't Arya. She was literally married at sword point, since if she said anything other than what was expected of her, she'd die. Also, I think there wasn't a choice for Jeyne. She was raped and beaten into submission in the brothel (The worst thing LF ever did, on the books) and then just shipped off to Winterfell. She's in panic at her wedding day. There's no real option when the option is X or Death.

8 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

She could have said no.  She could have acquiesced and then shouted out the truth at the marriage ceremony.  The results of the choice would have been pretty grim, though.  She might have been threatened with physical violence to make her go along with it in the first place, but she would still have had enough freedom, once she was about to marry Ramsay, to tell the truth.  However, given the fates that would probably have befallen her if she broke character, I can understand why Jeyne went along with the Lannister/Bolton scheme.  She was in a very similar situation to Sansa when Sansa found out she was going to be married to Tyrion Lannister (in the books).  

Ugh, no. I don't want to listen to any bullshit victim-blaming apologism.

ETA: What Alayne's Shadow said.

8 minutes ago, apovsic said:

I hope that Balon get his well deserved award for winning The War of Five Kings.

And he gave us the best advice for war: do nothing.:rolleyes:

He did lost something: his son; but he did not really care that much about him and thought probably Theon was lost to him ten years ago. 

20 minutes ago, apovsic said:

I hope that Balon get his well deserved award for winning The War of Five Kings.

And he gave us the best advice for war: do nothing.:rolleyes:

And here everyone thought his plan was stupid and doomed to fail, but he proved us wrong ! (I can't help but feel a parallel with the show, here)

4 hours ago, Tijgy said:

-snipped-

I have noticed that on his blog the last several weeks. The minions are popping up more and more :D

Archived