Who will be new lord of Dreadfort?

dariopatke

1 hour ago, purple-eyes said:

why not child of fat Walda?

I feel like she may survive.

I really thinks Ramsay will kill any trueborn sons Roose haves. And the Freys will not be welcomed in the North even if Walda had nothing to do with Robb's death. 

27 minutes ago, Dorian Martell said:

Best hypothetical so far

Agreed. I'm a fan already. Only Arya can show them Boltons the true meaning of dread. 

Barring that, I'd like Tormund to get it, if only because of the contrast between the Dreadfort and Ruddy Hall. Like, if someone can make that place jolly as hell it's Tormund. 

And Stannis better not give it to Horpe. That psycho would be right at home there, but Horpe can eat shit as far as I'm concerned. 

7 hours ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

Agreed. I'm a fan already. Only Arya can show them Boltons the true meaning of dread. 

Barring that, I'd like Tormund to get it, if only because of the contrast between the Dreadfort and Ruddy Hall. Like, if someone can make that place jolly as hell it's Tormund. 

And Stannis better not give it to Horpe. That psycho would be right at home there, but Horpe can eat shit as far as I'm concerned. 

YES!

I see no reason as to why King Tommen would bestow the Deadfort on anyone at all. Just let Roose' trueborn heir with Walda inherit the castle on Roose's death and it should be good enough.

Because if this happens King Tommen wont have any kind of power over North. Either Stannis becomes ruler over North or Jon becomes or proclaims some Stark King in the North, no one would care what would Tommen say. Plus I believe he wont be in picture for a long time.

Who cares? If Roose and Ramsay die soon, there simply won't be a Lord of the Dreadfort as far as we know. People should have more pressing matters than figure that one out, and one assumes Roose has enough provisions back in the Dreadfort and a competent castellan to ensure that no foreigner is going to get the castle even if all the Boltons are dead. We know how strong the castle is supposed to be. No one is going to lay siege to the Dreadfort in winter.

Not to mention that Roose might have some second cousins or something back in his castle who could take over should he or Ramsay die.

How about "Arya Stark", in the name of her unborn child by Ramsay? The North rallied to Stannis, just to save her, and they are recognizing her as genuine Arya. Rickon, if he comes back from Skagos, will have been too young to remember, so he´d take North and leave Dreadfort to his big sister. And Mercy is stuck in Braavos under a false name.

Would the North trust a son of Ramsay, if he was brought up by his "Stark" mother and has never seen another live Bolton (Ramsay and Roose having been killed before he was born)?

15 hours ago, A Song of Ass and Fire said:

I was thinking that the real Arya would show up, find out she supposedly married Ramsay Bolton, and exploit that after killing off the Boltons.

It would be nice for poor Jeyne Poole to end up in a position of power after what she's gone through, but officially Ramsay married Arya, not Jeyne.  That's why I think it would be awesome for Arya to use that.  I could even see her threatening Roose, and daring him to admit to the Northerners that the marriage was a sham and that it was not really her who Ramsay married.

If she was a few years older, she could even get pregnant by her favorite Baratheon bastard and claim the child was a Bolton.

That's possible, but I think that Jeyne would have a strong case, seeing as the Boltons knew she wasn't really a Stark when Ramsay married her. The other Northern lords would proabably quite like that.

in the books - the castle is well walled and protected as much as i want the to castle to burn to the ground to show that house bolton was finished i the stark (whoever it is) who sists at winterfell will probably give it to the hornwoods,umbers or karstarks. probably the hornwoods because ramsay treated donella hornwood like shit.

in the show - i really don't give a damn

Archived