Pick your elite Kingsguard

Choose the best seven Kingsguard that you can, but you must pick one man from each of the seven Kingdoms. This means that anyone from the Riverlands and Crownlands doesn't count, and that includes Targaryens. Also, assume that anyone you pick will accept a place in your Kingsguard.

For example, my list would be:

Cregan Stark

Garlan Tyrell

Sandor Clegane

Oberyn Martell

Lyonel Baratheon

Victarion Greyjoy

Robar Royce II

The North: Roddy the Ruin (He's an OG, never gives up.)

The Vale: Bronze Yohn

The Iron Islands: Harras Harlaw

The Westerlands: Adam Marbrand 

The Reach: Talbert Serry (I wonder how good he could become under the tutelage of these other fine knights.)

The Stormlands: Barristan the Bold

Dorne: Arthur Dayne (boring I know)

1 hour ago, King Floki of the Ironborn said:

Choose the best seven Kingsguard that you can, but you must pick one man from each of the seven Kingdoms. This means that anyone from the Riverlands and Crownlands doesn't count, and that includes Targaryens. Also, assume that anyone you pick will accept a place in your Kingsguard.

For example, my list would be:

Cregan Stark

Garlan Tyrell

Sandor Clegane

Oberyn Martell

Lyonel Baratheon

Victarion Greyjoy

Robar Royce II

Cregan Stark? So we can choose anyone from any time period? Sans Riverlands and Crownlands?

If I am picking from living people at the start of the series:

North: There aren’t that many northern knights. Wendel Manderly, maybe?

Iron Islands: Ser Harras Harlaw.

Westerlands: I’m inclined to say Jaime Lannister, but despite his insane nature, imagine a Kingsguard with Ser Gregor Clegane on it. If you have a strong-willed king who can control him, no one would fuck with it.

Vale: Ser Robar Royce.

Reach: Ser Loras Tyrell.

Stormlands: Ser Barristan Selmy (Lord Commander)

Dorne: I doubt Oberyn Martell could be swayed to take the oath. Areo Hotah, maybe?

The North: Brandon Snow (King Torrehn's brother) 

The Vale: Lyn Corbray

The Westerlands: Jaime Lannister

The Stormlands: Barristan Selmy

Dorne: Arthur Dayne (Lord Commander)

The Reach: Garlan Tyrell (Gerold Hightower as a close second)

The Iron Islands: Victarion Greyjoy

North : Greatjon Umber

Vale : Eddison Tollett aka Dolorous Edd

Westerlands : Davon Lannister

Stormlands : Beric Dondarrion w/ Edric Dayne

Dorne : Daemon Sand

Reach : Randyll Tarly

Iron Islands : Vic

Jokes a plenty between Edd & Davon, Randyll there would be there to keep things serious. Greatjon to be hilarious as well as a brute.  Daemon because he is nasty. Same with Vic. And I just love Beric in general, plus that whole "Last Kiss" thing could come in handy at some point...

Can see Edd in all white, defending my honor, and saying something like, "oh Dear, it looks like I dropped my sword again.  And just when I needed it most. So typical.  But I bet I will not be killed by a rival, I will probably trip running away and fall on my own sword I have now seemingly lost.  And it won't be my sword, that would be too honorable, it will be a stick protruding through the ground that somehow finds the opening in my armor and punctures my neck causing a slow and painful death."

As he is telling this story to his opponent, Greatjon comes from behind the distracted rival and ends him with one swing.

Edd says, "better him than me. although he might have been lucky. now he does not have to worry about keeping the vows i have already forgotten" 

So, based on the picks, I'm assuming these don't have to all be Knights.  I'm going to change this up and give my 7 all-time, and currently alive eligible through Dance.  Also, I'm noticing that most picks just seem to be big names/famous people.  I'm going to place a little more emphasis on character/loyalty and leadership/generalship as I think those are important traits for KG.  I am also going to avoid any Lords/first sons, as it's not as realistic.  

Current choices:  

Ser Kyle Condon (North)

Ser Brynden Tully (Riverlands/Iron Isles - Qarl the Maid or Ser Herras Harlaw if you're strictly enforcing your no Riverlands rules)

Ser Donnel Waynwood (Vale - not a lot choices based on current events/limited view of Vale)

Ser Daven Lannister (West, Ser Forley Prester a possibility)

Ser Barristan Selmy (Stormlands - Lord Commander)

Ser Garlan Tyrell (Reach, or if no married candidates, Ser Parmen Crane)

Ser Daemon Sand (Dorne, or Ser Archibald Ironwood)

Historical:  

Roderick Dustin (North)

The Demon of Darry (Riverlands/II, if we have to go Iron Isles, probably Ser Harras Harlaw)

Ser Robb Reyne (Westerlands)

Ser Humfrey Hardyng (Vale)

Ser Barristan Selmy (Stormlands)

Ser Ryam Redwyne (Reach)

Ser Arthur Dayne (Dorne)

For Dany's Queensguard:

1. Jorah Mormont - North
  2. Barristan - He's been in the K/G so long that he's not really from the Crownlands anymore.
  3. Belwas - No, he's not from the 7 kingdoms but Dany will be the Empress of Essos and Westeros, so all the world will be her Khalasar, per the prophecy.
  4. Tumco Lho
  5. Gerris Drinkwater
  6. Rakharo
  7. Garlan Tyrell

Archived