"People are going to hate Game of Thrones Season 6", Maisie Williams.

RUSSELL BELL

3 minutes ago, Miss CS said:

The bit I was talking about, Sophie was in front of the camera commenting on GoT, saying something like, "it's all just so amazing, nothing like this ever happens in real life!" Obviously, she was talking about the intrigue, betrayals, and lies in the story (Season 1). Right. She's obviously got no idea what modern politics is really like and accepts everything about the world at the face-value delivered by the media. It really just struck me that she's just like Sansa, believing in all the "stories"...

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, and I agree with you. 

Having said that, if I had to be in a room for an hour with he or Maisie, I think Maisie would be by far the least insufferable. 

11 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Having said that, if I had to be in a room for an hour with he or Maisie, I think Maisie would be by far the least insufferable. 

Oh, I'd enjoy a room with either of them, and it'd be a delight… ha ha ha

1 hour ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Please don't ask me to suffer either of those tortures.  Give me NCW if I have to talk about Game of Thrones, or Clarke (who seems like she'd be fun completely ignoring GoT), or Dillane. Or we can fat guy it up with Bradley.  Just not the teenagers, please. 

Just now, JonSnow4President said:

Please don't ask me to suffer either of those tortures.  Give me NCW if I have to talk about Game of Thrones, or Clarke (who seems like she'd be fun completely ignoring GoT), or Dillane. Or we can fat guy it up with Bradley.  Just not the teenagers, please. 

Sam seems like someone I could get on with, quite down to earth. 

1 hour ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Sam seems like someone I could get on with, quite down to earth. 

I like Bradley.  He hasn't had any particularly stupid comments AFAIK, and where he's defended the illogical (I have no problem with them defending something they can view as logical or completely missing the point of some of the criticism.  And while I hate what has been done to his show character (Sam: Dude, I totally had sex!. Jon: Nice bro!  Sam: Well, I'm off to State with my girlfriend for an education man!), that isn't anything to do with the actor.  

1 hour ago, JonSnow4President said:

Honestly give me Gwendoline Christie and they can all go to hell (well maybe not NCW and SD).

I think her comment about people hating the season is more about her views of her own story line than an objective assessment of the season generally. I am not sure how much of the other story lines she even knows about in detail -- she was not there for any of that filming and I doubt she was given any of those scripts. I suspect that she was not thrilled playing a blind girl being chased most of the season by the waif. I think she is looking forward to season 7 when she will be in Westeros and has her sight back.

But as can be typical with some actors, they tend to view an entire show through the lens of their own character. If they don't like what happens to their character -- then they think the entire show will be viewed negatively -- missing that they are not the center of the universe and some of the audience may care more about other story lines or other characters.

5 minutes ago, UnmaskedLurker said:

I think her comment about people hating the season is more about her views of her own story line than an objective assessment of the season generally. I am not sure how much of the other story lines she even knows about in detail -- she was not there for any of that filming and I doubt she was given any of those scripts. I suspect that she was not thrilled playing a blind girl being chased most of the season by the waif. I think she is looking forward to season 7 when she will be in Westeros and has her sight back.

But as can be typical with some actors, they tend to view an entire show through the lens of their own character. If they don't like what happens to their character -- then they think the entire show will be viewed negatively -- missing that they are not the center of the universe and some of the audience may care more about other story lines or other characters.

I didnt take that as her meaning at all, I took "hate" to mean that viewers are going to "hate" that many bad things happen to main characters--like lots of people dying-- in the context of the show being shocking and dynamic, not that people would really 'hate' the season.

27 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I didnt take that as her meaning at all, I took "hate" to mean that viewers are going to "hate" that many bad things happen to main characters--like lots of people dying-- in the context of the show being shocking and dynamic, not that people would really 'hate' the season.

Same here.  I expect it's more of people are going to hate it [because things like Sansa being raped, Arya gruesomely killing someone, etc are going to happen a lot more this season, so those haters can just keep on hating.]

And based on the trailer and actor comments so far, I'm thinking about buying alcohol and breaking my resolve to never get drunk again because it looks like there is going to be a lot more of the same problems for me.  So this "hater" is going to continue to "hate," although not for the reasons a lot of them seem to think I do.

48 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

25 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

Same here.  I expect it's more of people are going to hate it [because things like Sansa being raped, Arya gruesomely killing someone, etc are going to happen a lot more this season, so those haters can just keep on hating.]

And based on the trailer and actor comments so far, I'm thinking about buying alcohol and breaking my resolve to never get drunk again because it looks like there is going to be a lot more of the same problems for me.  

I think a lot of context gets left out of that quote.  Here it is again with a bit more context/explanation left in:

"Every year I think, “This is really cool.” But this year, as I opened the scripts, it’s so exciting because nobody knows what’s happening. They’re going to hate it, but love it, and I can’t wait,” she told EW.

Clearly taken aback by this, the magazine asked her why she thought people are going to hate the new season.

“Just that they don’t know what’s going to happen,” Maisie explained. “I know the showrunners don’t take [criticism] personally any more and that’s nice. People are outraged by last season, but they secretly love it too – because they don’t know what’s really going on.”

She says people are going to hate it but love it.  Then she explains that she thinks that because people won't know what's going to happen.  It seems to me that she's just talking about the show surpassing the books, etc., and being "even more" excited about that.  Now, I have some other problems with that quote and with the entire article, really, but I don't think Maisie is saying people are really going to only "hate" season 6 at all (because she says they'll love it, too...)  I guess she's just saying it'll be a "love/hate", or "love to hate", or "hate to love" (probably all three) situation:dunno:

47 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

I think a lot of context gets left out of that quote.  Here it is again with a bit more context/explanation left in:

She says people are going to hate it but love it.  Then she explains that she thinks that because people won't know what's going to happen.  It seems to me that she's just talking about the show surpassing the books, etc., and being "even more" excited about that.  Now, I have some other problems with that quote and with the entire article, really, but I don't think Maisie is saying people are really going to only "hate" season 6 at all (because she says they'll love it, too...)  I guess she's just saying it'll be a "love/hate", or "love to hate", or "hate to love" (probably all three) situation:dunno:

I think exactly this, plus she also talks about how the show will diverge from the book and D&D are doing their interpretation of that, and THAT is something people will hate. She says nothing about rape or shock.

We are overlooking this. It's mainly the typical stuff that general fans (mostly show watchers) has experience over the past seasons: fan's favorite die, fans hate on it and left sullen for a few days, then get back on track, resulting in a hate and love for the show for stabbing them in the heart and providing a great story. I doubt Maisie is aware of book fans and their criticism.

4 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

We are overlooking this. It's mainly the typical stuff that general fans (mostly show watchers) has experience over the past seasons: fan's favorite die, fans hate on it and left sullen for a few days, then get back on track, resulting in a hate and love for the show for stabbing them in the heart and providing a great story. I doubt Maisie is aware of book fans and their criticism.

Thats more than likely. I alot of my friends, non readers, went crazy when Jon Snow died. 'I'm never watching it again!!!!' was plastered all over my facebook and twitter the next day. 

But they will all come back.

(she did reference book readers in the article so its about that too)

17 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Thats more than likely. I alot of my friends, non readers, went crazy when Jon Snow died. 'I'm never watching it again!!!!' was plastered all over my facebook and twitter the next day. 

But they will all come back.

(she did reference book readers in the article so its about that too)

Agreed....just look at the crazy over-reaction to the last episode of Walking Dead and I'm sure most of those people will still be tuned in for the new season.

Some people love to hate a show, gives something to chat/argue about down the pub (or on an internet forum).

I'm not sure how my 18 year old self would have coped with being asked constant questions about things I couldn't really answer for fear of 'spoilers' whilst knowing that everything I did say would be pondered and scrutinised for days after and that I'd be judged by people for what ever answers I gave. 

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 3:06 PM, MrsStocksey said:

I'm not sure how my 18 year old self would have coped with being asked constant questions about things I couldn't really answer for fear of 'spoilers' whilst knowing that everything I did say would be pondered and scrutinised for days after and that I'd be judged by people for what ever answers I gave. 

Agreed, give the girl a break.

On 4/13/2016 at 10:06 AM, MrsStocksey said:

Agreed....just look at the crazy over-reaction to the last episode of Walking Dead and I'm sure most of those people will still be tuned in for the new season.

Some people love to hate a show, gives something to chat/argue about down the pub (or on an internet forum).

I watched one season-(3) from the walking dead and decided that the name was appropriate... How can a show like that piss anyone off? Its literally about just random people killing dead things and dying because of inexplicable scenarios that really don't make sense. It's like the expendables with dead things. Its literally just cheese.

Archived