Tower of Joy is next episode.

Ingelheim

I very excited about the TOJ scene. While everyone else was jumping up and down about Jon coming back, I just wanted Bran's visions. Probably going to be some major spoilers from the book, but I'm over that at this point.

8 hours ago, DragonSnow said:

They better have Dawn in the show next week.  Really really hope they didn't cut that out. 

Spoiler

They cut Dawn out completely. Leaked pics shows Ned fighting a knight with two  regular swords, not one giant pale one

I am really really really scared. 

There are so many ways to fuck that scene up, starting with bad casting. R+L=J is about the most anticipated thing about the whole story and expectations are too damn high. And the winterfell flashback did nothing to reassure me that they put enough thought, effort and money into this storyline to not fuck it up. 

Last time I was this scared about something was Oberyn, but Pedro Pascal nailed it so let's hope for the best. But man, I really want this to be good and I'm really scared it's not gonna be. 

11 minutes ago, TheLastLibrarian said:

Where are you putting spoilers as title? did someone said to you that we want to be spoiled?

Dude, it's stated clearly in the preview for next episode. Is it still a spoiler if HBO does it?!?

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how much of it they're going to show. Will they have one scene for the fight and another for Lyanna, or just a long one? Anyway, it's going to be epic.

52 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

And the winterfell flashback did nothing to reassure me that they put enough thought, effort and money into this storyline to not fuck it up.

A lot of people were so focused on OMG HODOR TALKED!?! that the missed the entire point of the flashback. To reintroduce Lyanna before next week.

1 hour ago, RhaeBee said:

I am really really really scared. 

There are so many ways to fuck that scene up, starting with bad casting. R+L=J is about the most anticipated thing about the whole story and expectations are too damn high. And the winterfell flashback did nothing to reassure me that they put enough thought, effort and money into this storyline to not fuck it up. 

Last time I was this scared about something was Oberyn, but Pedro Pascal nailed it so let's hope for the best. But man, I really want this to be good and I'm really scared it's not gonna be. 

Yeah, this is where I am too. As excited as I am about my favorite scene from the books making it in, I'm well aware of how uneven the series has been in its portrayal of many iconic events from the books. ToJ has an epic, dreamlike quality (no coincidence) that must be captured properly else it becomes Just Another Random Scene to the average viewer. Surely if D&D are even bothering to include it they will do the thing justice...

2 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Still think TOJ flashback in ep. 3 will be only fighting and then episode 5 The Door between Ned and Lyanna.

Not sure about that. With Jon resurrected, there's not much point being coy about the ToJ. Kind of pointless just showing the fight anyway, if they wanted to show a fight, the ruby ford would be up there along with Jaime doing his king slaying.

9 minutes ago, DireGhost said:

A lot of people were so focused on OMG HODOR TALKED!?! that the missed the entire point of the flashback. To reintroduce Lyanna before next week.

I feel like this is one of the issues the show has - they haven't really alluded much to past events that TV viewers probably don't remember or care for enigmatic characters like Lyanna. Though that could be more of an issue in the difference of media - it's much easier to talk about these characters in the books through inner monologue and such.

Was Dawn ever even mentioned in the show to this point?  Heck, outside of Longclaw and ICE, where *any* other Valyrian Steel Swords mentioned as of yet?  (Serious question, as I'm more book-reader then show-watcher).

Even if they introduce Dawn in the battle, what impact would it have in the grand scheme of things?  Probably little to none.  So chances are they won't waste budget on something that serves no purpose to the bottom line.  I could be wrong though, but I think people should brace themsevles to be disappointed.

The biggest thing I want to see if just *how* did Arthur Dayne die?  Will they keep true to the books with HR saving Ned at the last moment?

18 minutes ago, DireGhost said:

Hodor was good enough, made me think of how much I miss Hot Pie, but kid Lyanna ate up all my attention. I was not impressed with the casting. 

13 minutes ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Yeah, this is where I am too. As excited as I am about my favorite scene from the books making it in, I'm well aware of how uneven the series has been in its portrayal of many iconic events from the books. ToJ has an epic, dreamlike quality (no coincidence) that must be captured properly else it becomes Just Another Random Scene to the average viewer. Surely if D&D are even bothering to include it they will do the thing justice...

My biggest fear is the casting because who wants to spend a massive amount of money to find the suitable people for a two-minute role... I totally get that. But casting uni is the number one way to fuck up the scene. 

I personally don't give an F about Dawn and whatever weapon Arthur Dayne uses, but please please please please please can we have a decent Rhaegar and Lyanna? 

6 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Still think TOJ flashback in ep. 3 will be only fighting and then episode 5 The Door between Ned and Lyanna.

I'm perfectly fine with that (in fact probably in favor of that over having the reveal about Lyanna being Jon's mother right next episode), just give me a good Lyanna. I will sacrifice a bowl of chocolate pudding to every God, just let us have a good Lyanna and Rhaegar. 

11 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Wow I didn't think about this and it kinda bums me out because you are probably right....

Just now, RhaeBee said:

Hodor was good enough, made me think of how much I miss Hot Pie, but kid Lyanna ate up all my attention. I was not impressed with the casting. 

My biggest fear is the casting because who wants to spend a massive amount of money to find the suitable people for a two-minute role... I totally get that. But casting uni is the number one way to fuck up the scene. 

I personally don't give an F about Dawn and whatever weapon Arthur Dayne uses, but please please please please please can we have a decent Rhaegar and Lyanna? 

I'm perfectly fine with that (in fact probably in favor of that over having the reveal about Lyanna being Jon's mother right next episode), just give me a good Lyanna. I will sacrifice a bowl of chocolate pudding to every God, just let us have a good Lyanna and Rhaegar. 

Rhaegar wasn't at the ToJ. He died well before that.

4 minutes ago, DireGhost said:

Rhaegar wasn't at the ToJ. He died well before that.

I know, but you aren't telling me they will do an R+L=J reveal without showing those two together, are you? :eek::eek::eek: 

I'm kind of expecting to see Lyanna's kidnap/elope at the very least, if not some Tourney of Harrenhal too.  

29 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

I don't know what episode, but I think you're right about Ned's promise coming in a separate episode from the fight itself.

Just now, RhaeBee said:

I know, but you aren't telling me they will do an R+L=J reveal without showing those two together, are you? :eek::eek::eek: 

I'm kind of expecting to see Lyanna's kidnap/elope at the very least, if not some Tourney of Harrenhal too.  

Yes, this is actually exactly what I expect. I sincerely hope I am wrong, but I expect it.

Archived