Tower of Joy is next episode.

Ingelheim

6 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I must be watching a different show because in the show I am watching Lyanna Stark had brown hair.

I thought so at first too, but if you look closely the ends of her hair that are flopping about as she's riding are much lighter.

34 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

Dark hair doesn't go blond under the sun. Mid brown hair or light brown hair will, but true bookStark hair won't. Especially that the North isn't the sunniest place in the world. And Shireen was of Baratheon blood and blond on the show too, so mostly it doesn't matter at all. I still can't help but be bothered by the fact that Lyanna is blond. But let that be my problem. 

As an Italian with a family full of dark-haired people who are out in the sun a lot, I have to agree. 

I'm not particularly looking forward to it. The fact that there is a dual-wielding Kingsguard there gives me a hint of the direction they're taking it. More importantly, I feel like it's lost a lot of its importance at this point. Yes, it will probably confirm R+L=J, and that's important. But those flashbacks are huge in explaining Ned's motivation. By not making a point of them in Season One, we really miss out on a huge part of what makes Ned tick.

10 minutes ago, mattnj81 said:

Whoah...I never considered that the promise was anything other than to keep Jon (and his twin, if you believe that theory) safe from Robert. If the promise was actually to tell everyone that Lyanna married Rhaegar and that Jon is his rightful heir, that would be quite a surprise.

I would actually really like it if this turned out to be the case.  I mean, good ol' Ned was in a tough spot no matter how you slice it.  He couldn't win.  There was no right answer so he did the best he could.  And, as he thinks to himself in the books, he paid the price over the years because of the lies he told and the secret(s) he kept.

Imagine, if Ned supports Jon for the throne then he single-handedly plunges the realm back into civil war once again.  And against his best friend who he loves like a brother, no less.  Or, if he lies and keeps Jon a secret by claiming him as his own, he dishonors himself and his whole family.  Not to mention that he condemns the child to the life of a bastard (for his own safety).  Man, he was in a tough spot.  I've always felt for and liked good ol' Ned;) 

5 hours ago, ummester said:

What I am most interested in with the TOJ and R=L=J is to find out how it is relevant to the rest of the story. I'm still not sure why Jon being a Targ matters? I'm still not sure why anyone being a Targ matters?

Why does being a Stark matter? Or a Lannister? Or a Dayne? They are houses, and that is part of the political aspect of the story. It's a series called Ice and Fire, and the Targs have a wee bit of what we call the fire, and if your going to deal with the big bad Ice, you want some big bad fire. There is the political aspect for the Targs just like the other houses and there is the dragon side for the Targs. In the case of Jon both seem important, it's not like he was preparing for a war against an Ice demon or anything.

You ever heard of the pact of ice and fire, hint, it was about Targs and Starks. You know they say if love and hate can mate Ice can burn fire. You know Lyanna and Rhaegar had a little ice and fire thing there, but Night's King and Dragon riding people, gigigdy, gigigdy, gigigdy, goo. Dany and the Night's King are polarities, and Jon is in the middle, literally, physically, symbolically, genetics, location.

4 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

I would actually really like it if this turned out to be the case.  I mean, good ol' Ned was in a tough spot no matter how you slice it.  He couldn't win.  There was no right answer so he did the best he could.  And, as he thinks to himself in the books, he paid the price over the years because of the lies he told and the secret(s) he kept.

Imagine, if Ned supports Jon for the throne then he single-handedly plunges the realm back into civil war once again.  And against his best friend who he loves like a brother, no less.  Or, if he lies and keeps Jon a secret by claiming him as his own, he dishonors himself and his whole family.  Not to mention that he condemns the child to the life of a bastard (for his own safety).  Man, he was in a tough spot.  I've always felt for and liked good ol' Ned;) 

I agree, it would really be a no win situation. He would have to fight against Robert to seat Jon, a newborn, on the throne. If this turns out to be the promise, and Ned broke it, that would be such a nice twist. 

1 hour ago, robasp2 said:

Haha..

"Previously on Game of thrones - 5 minutes of old stuff + intro"

The five fvcking minutes they could have used to show more.

But, sadly such people exists... "Oh Game of thrones? Yeah..yeah..I watch it because all my friends watch it. I like the blood, boobs and ass. Who cares about the story duuuuuuude."

Ah, you mean like that wonderful scene where the Dothraki talk about pussy hair for 5 minutes? :rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, The Third Eye said:

The way "young Ned" says "now it ends" is so disapoting. He's supposed to say it in a sad voice ... not like a self righteous Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker....

I so freakking second that ! That's exactly what crossed my mind too when i watched it. Lolzz young Ned came across so smugg and a self righteous prick. Where as in the book Ned is well aware that these men, some of the finest and greatest swords in westeros were guarding his sister under Rhaegar's command ( who was more important to him than his own life) whilst each one them personally would rather be besides Rhaegar, fighting and protecting their prince and best friend. Rhaegar prioritised her above his own life and they prioritised his priority above their lives.
THat scene was so cheaply done, i'm beyond words.

29 minutes ago, LucifeLMartelL said:

I so freakking second that ! That's exactly what crossed my mind too when i watched it. Lolzz young Ned came across so smugg and a self righteous prick. Where as in the book Ned is well aware that these men, some of the finest and greatest swords in westeros were guarding his sister under Rhaegar's command ( who was more important to him than his own life) whilst each one them personally would rather be besides Rhaegar, fighting and protecting their prince and best friend. Rhaegar prioritised her above his own life and they prioritised his priority above their lives.

I mean... You haven't even seen the scene yet... 

Besides, the relationship between those guys and Rhaegar was not even touched on in the series as it is of about the least priority. 

But yeah, if young Ned's tone in the preview was cheap, I'm totally reassured about the legitimacy of my complaint about young Lyanna's age and hair color... 

Dual weilding Dayne and this season's wonky dialogue is kindof hampering my excitement. However, im still really curious to see it play out on screen. 

5 hours ago, The Third Eye said:

The way "young Ned" says "now it ends" is so disapoting. He's supposed to say it in a sad voice ... not like a self righteous Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker....

Yup, I saw that and was instantly disgusted with how they'll ruin this scene too.

Honestly I'm just so excited to finally see the Tower of Joy scene that I'm not bothered about the small differences from the books. The fact that R+L=J could be confirmed next week is almost too exciting to deal with. It's pretty obvious that they're using Bran to frame the flashbacks, hence the one of Lyanna and co at the beginning of last episode, in time for Jon's resurrection. I think Bran being there will make the significance of R+L=J a lot more obvious- he can verbalise it, say something like 'Jon Snow isn't my brother, he's a Targaryen, omg this is amazing you guys' or something along those lines, so non-book readers can be as gobsmacked as possible. 

Basically I'm pumped to see where the show takes it and to FINALLY have Jon's parentage confirmed.

7 hours ago, The Third Eye said:

7 hours ago, LucifeLMartelL said:

Totally agreed.  I posted this somewhere else on the board today (I don't remember where).but I'll say it again: what happened at the ToJ was a tragedy all the way around.  Ned should deliver the words "No, now it ends" with sadness, not bravado. 

22 hours ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

To be honest, it really isn't important to me if Dawn (which would most likely look like any other sword) is in the show or not. 

Agreed. Arthur Dayne is more important than the sword. 

16 hours ago, Ingelheim said:

I've seen comments about how bad Lyanna was..."SHE WAS BLOND! OUTRAGE!"...I just don't care anymore about that kind of nitpick.

She isnt blond omg. People need to get their eyes checked. I also agree with these piddly fucking nitpicks. People gotta get over themselves, yesterday. I may have a bit of salt in my trousers about Bloodraven having two eyes, its not something im super outraged over omg. 

10 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I must be watching a different show because in the show I am watching Lyanna Stark had brown hair.

Yeahhhh.

10 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Bruh, that aint blond. Thats a brown. If i let my hair grow out with its natural color, the ends look a lot lighter than the roots. (natural color being an auburn brown) Lyanna in the show is not blond so people need to seriously not. 

Im excited about the scene. Mostly because of my mum. She only knows about the R + L = J stuff second hand because of my explanations. Having her being able to see the connections firsthand is interesting. Im also intrigued on how it will translate on screen. 

5 hours ago, Florina Laufeyson said:

Bruh, that aint blond. Thats a brown. If i let my hair grow out with its natural color, the ends look a lot lighter than the roots. (natural color being an auburn brown) Lyanna in the show is not blond so people need to seriously not. 

Im excited about the scene. Mostly because of my mum. She only knows about the R + L = J stuff second hand because of my explanations. Having her being able to see the connections firsthand is interesting. Im also intrigued on how it will translate on screen. 

I never said she was entirely blond (although light colour is creeping out a little bit)  but it's also not like in the books...dark hair. I could live with that, others don't. I just want to confirm R+L=J...Dawn, colour of her hair blond, brown... dark... light or age...let's be honest there is no other explanation in the show for his parents. Unless Ned enjoyed incest like Jaime... which I doubt.

Archived