Possible marriage

Sekara

They set this up as a brothers and sisters thing. And she gives her brother something saying here, this is like what father wore, as in, do what he would do, he's dead now, you're all there is, step up to the plate, brother.

Yet the emotional uplift of their reunion was quickly broken due to their conflicting agendas – Sansa wants to raise an army to reclaim Winterfell from Ramsay Bolton, while the resurrected Jon Snow is weary from fighting. Plus, there’s their long-held sibling rivalry – Sansa takes after her mother, Catelyn, who resented her husband’s illegitimate son (it was Arya, you’ll recall, who was close to Jon).

“People can kind of assume that Sansa’s very much like her mother and her mother wasn’t very fond of Jon,” Turner says. “But Sansa is also different from her mother so she tries her best.”

The resulting friction influences her relationship with Jon and Ser Davos, and is something you can expect to continue. “She’s been through so much,” Turner says. “She knows Jon is her older brother and Davos is older and wiser, but she’s probably been through more than both of them. She’s not just going to go along with other people’s decisions.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/15/game-thrones-sansa-jon-reunion

Here's another one. Siblings:

There's always been tension between Jon and Sansa, since they were young. They were never particularly close, and I don't think those sibling frustrations and quarrels will ever go away.

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/sophie-turners-sansa-is-more-powerful-than-ever

Show will likely go back and forth with Jon and Sansa but I think that it is simply delusional to claim that the future romantic relationship is confirmed especially after the last episode. This Littlefinger/ Sansa issue won't be resolved until episode 9 or 10. Not to mention that Sansa is not the only one likely facing trust issues, Jon was killed by his own men and a boy he was mentoring he can very well show trust issues of his own once he learn what Sansa kept from him. In the mean time both Arya and Dany are on their way and at least one of them will be in Westeros by the end of the season. With half of Littlefinger's speed it can take them only an eye blink to be near Jon. 

4 hours ago, RockyRagnarok said:

Hahahahahajajahajahahaha, there will never be a Jon and Arya romance, that idea was scrapped before the books began to really take shape

With such a great argument like that, I guess you must be right.

4 hours ago, RockyRagnarok said:

Only JonSa makes any sense, and she'll be the one to arrange it all and persuade Jon to agree

Why? Elaborate

10 hours ago, RockyRagnarok said:

Hahahahahajajahajahahaha, there will never be a Jon and Arya romance, that idea was scrapped before the books began to really take shape

There will be a Jon and Sansa romance and political marriage In the future, no Sandor and Sansa or Sandor and Arya, thats just disgusting because the girls were supposed to be very young when in tje Hound's presence

Only JonSa makes any sense, and she'll be the one to arrange it all and persuade Jon to agree

Sandor has 1 Role to Fulfill and that is to die fighting his Brother the Undead Ser Robert Strong and sentencing Cersi to die (I think Arya gets to her 1st though)

not a fan AT ALL of Jon and Arya as a couple but if it happens in the books the show will do the same or; at least; won't pair him with Sansa because Sansa and Sandor have been subtletly established in the show; amongst other reasons.

The Sansa and the Hound story has been going on in the books since the beginning. And this is her last published chapter (she also places him in the marriage bed), she's the one "shipping" SanSan:

As the boy's lips touched her own she found herself thinking of another kiss. She could still remember how it felt, when his cruel mouth pressed down on her own. He had come to Sansa in the darkness as green fire filled the sky. He took a song and a kiss, and left me nothing but a bloody cloak.

Speaking of that cloak... And GRRM said the kiss will come into play in the next book, too. There are lots of hints that there's more to come. She's his dying thought and he's the one she dreams of (same point in the story as in the books).

The show has been going there, too. GRRM: "there's something there" books and show. Weiss: "the developing relationship between these two" and Benioff: "yep, much more to come."

Beauty and the Beast hints over and over again, even last season, as far off track as they took her story. Just like Cocteau, and GRRM requested artwork for the calendar like that at the link.

So it's fine if one wants another story to be told. But all of the above is what many of us are talking about, and want to talk about, and that's perfectly fine, too.

10 hours ago, binhorde said:

They've set them up as Ned and Catelyn 2.0. For gods sakes they even gave Jon a cloak modeled after Ned. D&D do subtlety real well don't they? I think it's one of the reasons for the Sansa/Littlefinger scenes they wrote.There's nothing sinister at work with Sansa. It's a cheap plot point for one reason and one reason only. They're setting it up for Ned Stark 2.0 (Jon Snow) to steal Catelyn Tully 2.0 (Sansa Stark) away from Mr. Baelish all over again.

That makes sense.  Although they may still take it another direction, its pretty apparent that they're playing up the Ned/Catelyn 2.0 angle in these last couple of episodes.  I have to admit,  though,  I hadn't fully considered LF's place in that,  and what you say of history repeating itself,  with LF losing his new Catelyn clone to a Ned Stark clone makes perfect sense.  I had already thought Sansa would kill LF late this season,  but if you're right about this,  then I think its a near certainty.  

I also believe LF won't make it to Season 7. But I'm not so sure it'll be Sansa the one who kills him, although it's likely it's her. I can see Jon or Ramsey doing it as well. Even Lord Royce.

We'll see.

48 minutes ago, Ingelheim said:

I also believe LF won't make it to Season 7. But I'm not so sure it'll be Sansa the one who kills him, although it's likely it's her. I can see Jon or Ramsey doing it as well. Even Lord Royce.

We'll see.

Certainly possible, but after all the ways that LF has screwed over the Starks with Ned and now Sansa,  I really,  really hope that its either Sansa or Jon that does it themselves. 

1 hour ago, Ingelheim said:

We'll see.

If anyone is going to screw with him and his plans it's Sansa. Liam talked about an amazing arc for her and slaying a giant could be Littlefinger as big time player of Game of Thrones.

I just can't see both Littlefiger and Ramsay survive and consider spoilers about Ramsay. One gotta go and it would be surprising since usually ths is build up to Ramsay's death and defeat. They might turn it on their heads and make LF to be the one.

1 minute ago, Lord Friendzone said:

If anyone is going to screw with him and his plans it's Sansa. Liam talked about an amazing arc for her and slaying a giant could be Littlefinger as big time player of Game of Thrones.

I just can't see both Littlefiger and Ramsay survive and consider spoilers about Ramsay. One gotta go and it would be surprising since usually ths is build up to Ramsay's death and defeat. They might turn it on their heads and make LF to be the one.

Sure, I think Sansa is the most likely option, but I'm still not sure. There's one scene from the trailers in which LF sees someone and seems surprised as fuck. I think it's either Ramsay or Jon. Most likely Jon. That's scene seems to take place in Winterfell, so maybe it's his death scene. I don't know, probably I'm speculating too much.

I think (and hope) both Ramsay and LF are goners. But I could easily see D&D leaving one of them alive. They are the main villains right now, and even though Season 7 seems to be the last one, I don't think they'd make the WW the only villains of the Show. 

2 hours ago, Ingelheim said:

Sure, I think Sansa is the most likely option, but I'm still not sure. There's one scene from the trailers in which LF sees someone and seems surprised as fuck. I think it's either Ramsay or Jon. Most likely Jon. That's scene seems to take place in Winterfell, so maybe it's his death scene. I don't know, probably I'm speculating too much.

I think (and hope) both Ramsay and LF are goners. But I could easily see D&D leaving one of them alive. They are the main villains right now, and even though Season 7 seems to be the last one, I don't think they'd make the WW the only villains of the Show. 

Or LSH......

5 hours ago, Ingelheim said:

The scene where LF is surprised could be Ramsey, could also be Lord Royce who is tired of his lies and control, and could be LS. But I don't think its going to be Jon unless LF does something despicable to him or Sansa, again, and doesn't expect them to react.

On 5/25/2016 at 10:55 PM, binhorde said:

I dislike the idea of a Jon and Sansa marriage and laughed at the people who theorized it years ago. I remain unconvinced it will happen in the books, but I cannot deny what seems to be setting up in the show. I do think they are going to marry. They've set them up as Ned and Catelyn 2.0. For gods sakes they even gave Jon a cloak modeled after Ned. D&D do subtlety real well don't they? I think it's one of the reasons for the Sansa/Littlefinger scenes they wrote.There's nothing sinister at work with Sansa. It's a cheap plot point for one reason and one reason only. They're setting it up for Ned Stark 2.0 (Jon Snow) to steal Catelyn Tully 2.0 (Sansa Stark) away from Mr. Baelish all over again.

The difference though being that this time the object of Baelish's desire won't beg for him to be spared after he loses.

While she may not be the one to pass the sentence or swing the sword, Sansa will be the one who brings Littlefinger his demise.

My hunch is that the person Littlefinger is surprised to see in the Winterfell Godswood is Lord Royce, who has been sent to bring him before the King for her treachery and this time Sansa does not cover for him (because now she has people she can truly trust and not just 'the devil she knows') and gives testimony that lays bare his treachery and dooms him. Then Jon declares him guilty, lops his head off and has it put on a spike.

Something I noticed that comes up a lot in these arguments about Jon and Sansa and Arya is who loves who more and why that means so-and-so could never marry such-and-such. I think people forget that the characters' feelings on the matter aren't that significant in the face of politics and claims. It's why I think regardless of whether you think Jon could never love Sansa or wish to marry her, it doesn't matter because it might be that their union is what's necessary to secure Winterfell and the North for their family. Out of the two Stark daughters, Sansa is the one who's had the arc about claiming Winterfell and her and Jon wedding would make the most sense as far as unifying the North (as well as getting the Vale and maybe whoever's left of the Tullys on their side too). I'm not 100% convinced it'll happen yet but I think it's a distinct possibility. It all depends on when/if the revelation of Jon's parentage becomes public knowledge and if they'd ever be able to prove it. 

3 hours ago, IrisBest said:

Something I noticed that comes up a lot in these arguments about Jon and Sansa and Arya is who loves who more and why that means so-and-so could never marry such-and-such. I think people forget that the characters' feelings on the matter aren't that significant in the face of politics and claims. It's why I think regardless of whether you think Jon could never love Sansa or wish to marry her, it doesn't matter because it might be that their union is what's necessary to secure Winterfell and the North for their family. Out of the two Stark daughters, Sansa is the one who's had the arc about claiming Winterfell and her and Jon wedding would make the most sense as far as unifying the North (as well as getting the Vale and maybe whoever's left of the Tullys on their side too). I'm not 100% convinced it'll happen yet but I think it's a distinct possibility. It all depends on when/if the revelation of Jon's parentage becomes public knowledge and if they'd ever be able to prove it. 

It comes up because Jon/Sansa is not the best case political match nor is it the best case romantic match. For politics it would be far better for Jon to marry Dany and Sansa to marry Sweetrobin. This would gain Jon the support of the Iron Throne, assuming Dany's conquest is successful. Sansa would gain a firm footing in the Vale and be able to influence Sweetrobin to aid the North.

In the show universe, Sansa is tainted by her Lannister and Bolton marriages. She doesn't look like a traditional Stark. She doesn't have a direwolf to inspire loyalty like Robb Stark did. The preview for next week's episode even includes a segment where she has to defend her choices to presumably a Northern lord.

By the time Jon's true parentage is revealed, there is a high likelihood that he'll be reunited with Arya. Arya is an unmarried maiden. She looks like a traditional Stark. She has a direwolf to prove her identity and inspire the Northerners. If Jon wants to unite the North, then Arya would be a better political match for these reasons. That's without considering the emotional impact that those two characters have had on each other.

Sansa's really not as tainted as you're saying lol. (especially since the Bolton thing never even happens in the books so it's not gonna be that revelant on the show in the long run - and spoilers point to this too) And other families trying to use Sansa to claim Winterfell doesn't mean she's ~ruined for ever claiming Winterfell as the rightful heir to it - on the contrary it means her arc is about overcoming those who had tried to use her as a pawn and instead claiming Winterfell for herself. And right now having to defend herself against false accusations by other Northern lords is an arc about asserting herself as a Stark, not about being forever tainted. Like Myself656 has been saying there's a reason they're devoting time to this on the show right now. We're getting scenes with Sansa talking about how she's important because she has "the face of Ned Stark's daughter" and she's dressing like the spitting image of Catelyn (with Jon by her side dressed like Ned) etc - so the idea that she doesn't look Stark-enough for the North has no merit. And there's a reason there are lines in the book like Jon's "Winterfell belongs to my sister Sansa" and Winterfell repeatedly being called her birthright. Inheriting Winterfell is Sansa's story in the both the show and the books, not Arya's story. (Arya's is about exacting vengeance) That's why a Jon/Sansa union would make a lot of sense, should his real parentage ever come out. Both are individually suited for ruling the North but they each have their own weaknesses (Sansa being a woman and Jon being a Stark but not Ned's son), so joining together balances that out. 

But I do agree though that Jon/Dany would be another politically advantageous union. I tend to think if Jon's marrying anyone in the name of an alliance at any point it'll be either her or Sansa.  

Archived