So whats the Crown plann when the Starks are reinstalled in the North?

Sir Matthis Light

I think its pretty much a given Ramsay gonna die and the Starks(Whats left of them) are going to be the ruling family in the North again. Provided the Other don't come right after the Bastard Bowel, what do you think the reaction from Kings Landing is gonna be? Cause technically, legally the Starks are barred from being the ruling house of all the North by the Crown.

I know from the season 6 trailers Jamie gonna be in the Riverlands helping the Freys deal with The Blackfish holdout on Riverrun. Do you think he gonna head North to Clash with the Reinstalled Starks?

I know crazy Cersei is not gonna like to know Sansa back in the North lol

1 hour ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

Didn't Cersei specifically instruct LF to mop up what is left of either the Boltens or Stannis after the battle?

Yeah, when LF told Cersei that Roose had married Ramsay to Sansa they also discussed Stannis moving down from the Wall towards Winterfell.  Cersei agreed with LF's proposal for the Vale knights to fight the victors of the Stannis/Boltons clash and reclaim Winterfell for the crown.  What will be interesting to see is if/when the Lannisters and Tyrells realize just how much LF has been playing them and that he is behind the Sansa/Ramsay union. If Brienne is sent south to try and find Arya then she could reveal this information - regardless of what Sansa says, I don't see Brienne trusting LF anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, Cragen said:

At the end of season there will be no Crown or Iron Throne, it's pretty much obvious.

Mostly this. They are set up for a shit storm to hit KL this season, Tyrell and FM battle with possible Lannister treachery waiting to take out which ever one wins. If you remember Dany's vision from the house in S2 she is in the throne room and it's in ruins, looks burnt. I could see all hell breaking loose, Tommen dying and Cersei losing her mind and igniting the mad Kings wildfire plot.

1 minute ago, dbunting said:

Mostly this. They are set up for a shit storm to hit KL this season, Tyrell and FM battle with possible Lannister treachery waiting to take out which ever one wins. If you remember Dany's vision from the house in S2 she is in the throne room and it's in ruins, looks burnt. I could see all hell breaking loose, Tommen dying and Cersei losing her mind and igniting the mad Kings wildfire plot.

Add Dorn or/and Iron Island invasion and we have chaos.

1 minute ago, Cragen said:

Add Dorn or/and Iron Island invasion and we have chaos.

I assume they both show up with Dany. I assume Yara/Theon get to Mereen and take Danys army North, the rest travel on land and pick up Dorne along the way. I could see them all showing up to whats left of a ruined KL and be like, WTF, we came all the way for this?

I agree with everyone saying the crown is going to have their hands full with events in the south and won't have any opportunity/desire to interfere in northern events. By the time everything in the capital shakes out, Dany will be head west, WW will be heading south, Dorne will be up to mischief, etc. 

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

Exactly this. Dany will fly into a massive power vacuum. Either the Northern forces will march south to clash with her forces at the Trident, or more likely she'll move north unopposed (the IB will be with her and Show Dorne will either join or will have disappeared!) and face-off with the WWs. Which side will the North be on?????? ....

Jaime will be in the Riverlands, presumably with a Lannister/Frey force. My hope is that once the dust settles up North with the Starks back in Winterfell (if this actually happens, this season or at all) Cersei tries to send Jaime north, and he says "no," thus beginning/resuming his long-delayed redemption arc. Unlike in the books, in the show, Jaime just continues to be Cersei's errand boy, which makes him a pointless character, or at least a boring one.

The other option is that, as everybody else has stated, KL is such a clusterf*** that nobody can even be bothered with anything happening outside of it. In which case Cersei will probably call Jaime back to KL (as she did in the books, for different reasons), and he will say "no." Either way, we can get to a point where Jaime is interesting.

And, of course, Jaime being in the RIverlands means a potential introduction of Lady Stoneheart, but I don't really care about that one way or the other. I know a lot of people still want to see that happen on the show though.

I agree with those that say that KL will be pretty preoccupied/end in chaos. 

It was suggested further up that with Jaime going to be in the Riverlands this year he could head up to the North if the Starks took power. It got me thinking in the show he vowed to Catelyn that he would return Arya and Sansa to her. However did he also vow in the show, like in the books, to never take up arms against Starks or Tullys?  I can not remember if it was cut from the show. 

Why does it matter what the crown thinks?

Robb was King of the North.  The crown didnt like that.

If they declare Sansa Queen, or Rickton King etc who cares?  Someone would have to stop them.  

At this point in the story, Law literally means NOTHING.  Power means everything.

If you watched the trailers,i think Davos is heard telling people the fight isnt with each other its with the Others etc.  

I honestly think at the end of hte story a Stark will be in a position to take the throne. Think of Roberts Rebellion, Ned basically went home to the North at the end, and had no interest in being Hand of the King when Robert asked but he did, because it was his duty i guess.

The Crown has its own problems at the moment.

Besides, attacking the North in the middle of winter would be suicidal and and the North has never been conquered by a land force. So, yeah a Stark could reclaim Winterfell and became a King/Queen in the North and nobody would care probably.

Archived