2016 NBA Finals-Things to do in Cleveland When the King is Dead

Manhole Eunuchsbane

What a frikn turnaround. This series has been roller coaster and now we fans are getting the game 7 that seemed so unlikely after those first few games.

I just hope noone breaks there neck out there Sunday, because it's gonna be a WAR!!  

2 hours ago, briantw said:

If you chuck something into the stands on purpose and hit a fan, it should be an automatic suspension.  It won't be, as I said, but it should be.

Lol, this is specific to throwing it fans, as opposed to just throwing it, or at players, etc.? I find it very hard to believe that they decided on a policy about players throwing things at fans with just a fine. Never heard of anything that potentially problematic being systematically treated so lightly, and the NBA is even more wary about fans feeling abused or w/e since the Palace fiasco. I also find it odd that they would have a policy specific to throwing mouth guards AT fans, like this happens periodically. What about arm bands at announcers? A shoe at a custodian?

I think it much more likely that is a game related policy that they are going to try and apply here. It's interesting.

Relic, gonna go ahead and get my order ready just in case you need time to prepare: 

Think I'm feeling Eggs Rockefeller - Scrambled eggs, steamed spinach, fried oysters & Rockefeller sauce. With grits or potatoes, andouille sausage and a buttermilk biscuit

And is it really breakfast in bed without french toast? Yeah, you're right, french toast as well. 

8 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Relic, gonna go ahead and get my order ready just in case you need time to prepare: 

Think I'm feeling Eggs Rockefeller - Scrambled eggs, steamed spinach, fried oysters & Rockefeller sauce. With grits or potatoes, andouille sausage and a buttermilk biscuit

And is it really breakfast in bed without french toast? Yeah, you're right, french toast as well. 

Don't forget the hand-squeezed orange juice.

1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

Roger that. Rubbery eggs and burnt toast coming right up! (does anyone really eat fried oyster for breakfast???) 

I can't believe we're at a game 7. I really can't. And while i would still pick GS to win if you put a gun to my head (or threatened me with having to serve breakfast in bed to everyone in this thread) i have to admit there is like a .0276973% chance that the Cavs can actually take this. 

Also put me down as one of those assholes who is thrilled that Curry's act is falling apart. The spoiled rich kid is starting to come out, and his melt down at the end of the game was hysterical. He's lucky no one is pressing charges. If spitting on someone is considered an assault, than surely chucking a heavy mouth guard full of spit at someone is as well?

And oh yeah, "this is rigged for money" is the fucking funniest line of this playoffs. Rigged for money? It sure is! Hope you are enjoying that mansion you live in dummy.  Never a wise idea to bite the billion dollar hand that feeds you fried oysters in your million dollar bed. 

Yeah, I don't know what the hell has happened to Curry's passing in this series. He has been utterly terrible at it throughout. He's had more turnovers than he has had assists and he doesn't even have nearly as many hockey assists as usual.

If Iguodala's back bothers him in Game 7, the Cavs will be the favourites. Barnes has been atrocious lately (all the talk of him getting a max deal is just idiotic and has always been). Ezeli was terrible last night. on the other hand, LeBron is the best big game player in the league in the last decade by some margin.

2 hours ago, Jaime L said:

I'd have gone with Eggs Woodhouse

1 hour ago, trickster said:

Ayesha Curry is entering the Jackie Christie zone...WTF was her point? The refs were poor but not partial to the cavs. The Curry clan needs to get their shit together. 

There are reports that her had got racially profiled by the cops at the game. They tried to remove him from the stadium. 

2 hours ago, trickster said:

Ayesha Curry is entering the Jackie Christie zone...WTF was her point? The refs were poor but not partial to the cavs. The Curry clan needs to get their shit together. 

Idk about that. They were calling a ton of soft touch fouls on the Dubs while they generally let the Cavs play. And more importantly, they've been letting the Cavs grab/hold Curry a lot over the last few games. 

Regardless, if the Warriors don't find an answer to Thompson I can't see them winning game 7.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Idk about that. They were calling a ton of soft touch fouls on the Dubs while they generally let the Cavs play. And more importantly, they've been letting the Cavs grab/hold Curry a lot over the last few games. 

Regardless, if the Warriors don't find an answer to Thompson I can't see them winning game 7.

The sixth foul was bad, but I didn't think so live.  That said, LeBron is still being fouled almost every time he is in the paint and getting the call half the time.  Meanwhile Curry (and to a lesser extent Klay) are starting to soccer flop instead of trying to actually score; refs are human and don't like being played the fool.  If you trick them into a call and they realize it they will remember.

I think the calls are playing pretty even and are not a major factor in this one.  

5 hours ago, Relic said:

I can't believe we're at a game 7. I really can't. And while i would still pick GS to win if you put a gun to my head (or threatened me with having to serve breakfast in bed to everyone in this thread) i have to admit there is like a .0276973% chance that the Cavs can actually take this. 

Also put me down as one of those assholes who is thrilled that Curry's act is falling apart. The spoiled rich kid is starting to come out, and his melt down at the end of the game was hysterical. He's lucky no one is pressing charges. If spitting on someone is considered an assault, than surely chucking a heavy mouth guard full of spit at someone is as well?

I can't either. Unbelievable. The thing that is most alarming for me is that game wasn't even close. The Warriors knocked it down to single digits twice, but on both occasions the Cavs went on runs very shortly afterwards to bring the lead back to the mid-teens or so. It was very frustrating to watch.

Falling apart is a bit extreme, doncha think? He had a meltdown after two crappy calls that put him out of the game. Hopefully the kid answers the bell on Sunday, because the Warriors need him to play like his normal self if they want to win this win.   

Archived