Are Vibes Real?

Weeping Sore

As in, do people really project an energetic field beyond their physical body that can mesh with/ interfere with your own? Or is this an effect caused by empathy or imagination? Do different communities/ locales have a collective energy that amount to a psychic atmosphere that can influence an individual's well-being? Or is this, again, psychological projection by the individual onto their surroundings?

i definitely think there's some merit to the idea of ''vibes'' and energy!!! maybe it is just empathy and imagination from reading someone's body language and facial expressions and tone of voice but some people really do give off certain ''vibes'' 

I say from a logical view that the notion that there is currently undetectable energy that can be/is emitted from humans isn't a ridiculous hypothesis.

If my casual google/youtube science knowledge is correct it's already known that the brain emits energy outside of the body.

Isk has the right of it. "Vibes" have nothing to do with energy transfer or anything of that sort. It's probably all based on our mirror neurons picking up on the mood of our encounter and causing the same emotion in ourselves. After all, if somebody else is panicking, perhaps they have good reason and you should be panicking too, even if you don't know why they're panicking?...

The plausibility of "vibes" probably depends on the self being more than the brain as skull-locked chemical computer receiving inputs from the five senses and outputting through verbal or somatic communication. Although, even preserving that conception, we've seen how pheromones can alter social interaction even if our olfactory sense is pretty weak and we're not conscious of the mechanism. If the nervous system of another individual were broadcasting a low level of invisible radiation, perhaps we have receptors that could register them on an unconscious level. Some vestige that evolved earlier in our lineage before the eyes came to so effectively interpret ROYGBIV?

unconscious impressions, maybe pheromones and other things as well. Also subconcious connections with buried memories (e.g. when we have the impression of "having known" someone for a long time despite just having met them). There might be *a lot* of interactions and influences that never reach consciousness, might not have been systematically measured (and it might be very difficult to measure them) that all work together to create moods of sympathy/antipathy etc. It can also be unilateral - otherwise we would hardly ever fall unhappily in love...

No need to postulate additional "energetic fields" (Energetic is often used nonsensically: Everything physical is "energetic" and for all we know, nothing non-physical is, or put differently, if it had a value of energy we would know it was physical and not mysteriously different.)

I've always somehow managed to give off supreme small-child-attracting vibes - I'm like the Pied Piper sometimes, and I've never quite understood why. But young kids take to me in seconds. I've had one or two really weird experiences with it. Thankfully I love kids. 

I wish those magical powers had the same effect on adult men, but sadly not. 

"Vibe(s)" likely mean different things to different people. I reject superstitions, apparitions, and  most spiritual ideas, as man-made imagination. But I feel a deep connection with life all around me. I just love the way the Symphony of Science puts this- 

^^^ So if there are Vibe(s), I suppose for me this would be it. (Our connectiveness/atoms and the awe inspiring beauty of how they are put together.)

Even it string theory is wrong, there could be a case made that the field quanta of today's field theories are something like "vibrations" (just without strings, but they are wavelike modes of a field). But this is not what is usually meant when talking about "vibes" between people.

Archived